Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Good 3.5/5
All reviewscourtyard marriottfront deskrental carcourtesy shuttlesmall balconycheck outan early flightgreat customer servicesan jose airportwould stay here againeasy accesscomfortable roomwake up callhotel lobbybusiness tripbusiness travelergreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Very convenient for airport (5 mins away) and half hourly free shuttles. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Quite a business style hotel. Nice clean rooms and comfy beds. Free laundry handy. Small outdoor swimming pool and seating area OK but nothing special. Nice restaurant downstairs, ate here once - was OK but simple food for the price. Didnt have breakfast included, 1st time we stayed reception told me to help myself to coffee while waiting for the shuttle, so 2nd stay I went and helped myself and then they wanted to charge me for breakfast (but didnt when I explained) so check before taking! There is a wallmart next door for snacks and drinks, and a mexican, a hooters and a coffee shop across the road, but not much else nearby.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo_Aberdeen_UK
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for your coments and taking the time to write a review. I believe that this might be for a differnt hotel due to us not having a walmart next store to us.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hotel is close to the airport and they provide shuttle for transportation. The room is spacious and very clean. There is a really comfortable desk and sofa! The free wifi is very quick. The front desk is friendly and professional!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent comments about our hotel and that your were happy with our desk and sofa's. It is always nice to hear that wifi is working well as we know how important it is that it is efficient as well.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We didn't even travel by plane, but we found this hotel very convenient, plus it was so clean, staff were friendly and efficient plus -- most important -- the wifi had a strong signal. Never faltered once. Will surely go back.

Room Tip: The rooms we got were right by the freeway, but it didn't seem to matter. No problem sleeping.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. It great to hear that you had no problems with our wifi. I'm glad that the room was comfortable and that your experience was enjoyable with your visit.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Courtyard Marriott - Airport - San Jose

This hotel is about as convenient to the airport as a hotel can be. We stayed here twice within 10 days - flying in and flying out of San Jose. It was particularly practical because members of our party were flying in at different times. We found it easily after renting a car at the airport, and the shuttle service was very accommodating, picking up one of our party quickly from the airport. Leaving for the airport was a little more problematic - the shuttle leaves every half hour beginning at 4 AM, but is on a first-come first-serve basis. In our case, there were too many passengers for the 8 AM shuttle, but we got on. In fairness, the driver said she would make a second trip to be sure those left behind got there, but the front desk told me the night before that if you miss the shuttle you can take a cab to the airport. This was not the service I expected from a hotel that probably doubt relies primarily on airport business. We got downstairs early to be sure to get on the shuttle.

Interactions with the front desk might have been better. On first encounter, after spelling my name several times for the desk clerk (perhaps she could have looked at an ID?), I mentioned that we had prepaid for the hotel's "Stay for Breakfast" weekend promotion. I was informed that this did not appear on her computer and must be an Orbitz promotion since I had booked the room through Orbitz. Returning from the car, where I had gone to retrieve my printed reservation confirmation, I met the clerk in the doorway. She apologized, saying she did not recognize the abbreviation "SFB" on their computer. Later that evening, I called the front desk with my Marriott Rewards number, to get credit for our stay, but was informed that this stay would not count toward reward points because it was booked on the Orbitz site rather than their site - even though the price of the room (with breakfast) was the same on the Marriott site. I was surprised, but another clerk confirmed this the next morning. So I went online to cancel our return reservation on Orbitz and rebook it on the Marriott site - an unnecessary and aggravating exercise.

That said, the room was nice - quiet, clean, well-appointed. We had a room with two queen beds for the three of us. The bathroom was divided into one area with toilet and shower and another area with sink and refrigerator, which worked pretty well for our group. The door between areas opens on to the person standing at the sink, so that creates a little space problem. The lack of a microwave was a little inconvenience.

The staff in the breakfast area was particularly pleasant and accommodating - they knew about the "SFB" and said they were expecting us, after looking us up by room number on the computer. The breakfast was good and filling, with hot cooked or cold choices and “healthy” alternatives like egg whites and turkey sausage and skim milk.

Overall, I would choose this hotel again if flying in and out of the San Jose airport. Easy airport access, a quiet and comfortable room, and a good breakfast are the determining factors. And the price is right.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding the confussion the your rate, and I do appologies for the associate not knowing the rate program for the breakfast rate. As the associate shared with you, it is always better to check marriott.com before any online sites. The rate will always be the same. Once again, thank you for your comments and taking the time to write the review

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I haven't stayed anywhere else at the San Jose airport, so I don't have any standard of comparison - but why stay anywhere else?? There's a free shuttle to and from the airport, a small bistro restaurant & 24-hour snacks, and a very comfortable room with nice amenities. At the bistro, I got a fresh kale salad for dinner - just the thing this tired vegetarian traveler wanted. In the morning, I got a Starbucks latte. But best of all, EVERYONE on staff is incrediby friendly and helpful. Everyone - from the shuttle drivers to the bistro baristas to the front desk folks - was just delightfully warm and welcoming. I highly recommend it, even for a quick overnight stay like mine.

Room Tip: I asked for a high floor (4th is highest), and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your comments and positive comments about the staff and the service. It's always nice to hear that we are doing what we need to to take care of our guests. Hope to see you here again soon.