“Just one night but all good.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Courtyard San Jose Airport
Ranked #15 of 76 Hotels in San Jose
Warsaw, Poland
“Just one night but all good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I spent one night here with my girlfriend. It's really conveniently located near the airport and they have an airport shuttle bus that leaves every 30 minutes. It takes only a few minutes to get there. Even for the really early flights. The trainee Diana at reception was very helpful and friendly. She even called us when we got to our room to check if everything was ok. Maybe this is standard procedure with the Marriott but it's a nice touch.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for your taking the time to review the San Jose Airport Courtyard. We appreicate the positive comments. We are fortunate to be close to the airport and I'm glad you were able to utilize the shuttle. It is a great benefit that we have to offer to our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Finnish first
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Nice place to stay. Many good restaurants near by. Airport shuttle nice too. We were able to drop off the rental car early - shuttle picked us up and brought us back to the hotel, then early to the airport to catch our flight.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I am a Marriott gold rewards member and usually that counts for something, at least an acknowledgement of it. Being a gold reward member usually gets me an upgraded room without asking, but not here. The staff at check-in were not the typical very friendly and outgoing that I have come to expect from Marriott. The room we were given was a room for the hearing impaired and the smoke detectors/fire alarm blinked brightly throughout the night occasionally lighting the whole room up. I know I could have asked for another room but after a long flight and already getting into bed it wasn't worth the hassel. My past experiences you are asked upon check-in if a particular room is ok before being given the key. Also, the water main was going to be worked on the next morning so the water was going to be turned off. No problem, but staff did not say a thing. Found out after entering the room and seeing flyer that was under door. I do not like giving negative reviews, but the hotel encouraged trip advisor reviews by putting cards at the front desk. I love Marriott but this hotel just didn't go out of there way to make you feel welcomed. It is convenient to the airport and has a shuttle.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I want to apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We value all our Marriott Rewards member and I am personally disappointed to hear that our associates did not recognize your Gold Elite status. I will speak to my team as this is unacceptable. The City of San Jose had to turn off the water for testing. Our Front Desk associates failed to communicate the information to you and I apologize. I understand it must have been frustrating to know so late when you arrived to your room. Your comments are very important as we will use it to training our associates and I would like to thank you. I hope when you are in the San Jose area that you will reconsider us.
Aberdeen, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Very convenient for airport (5 mins away) and half hourly free shuttles. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Quite a business style hotel. Nice clean rooms and comfy beds. Free laundry handy. Small outdoor swimming pool and seating area OK but nothing special. Nice restaurant downstairs, ate here once - was OK but simple food for the price. Didnt have breakfast included, 1st time we stayed reception told me to help myself to coffee while waiting for the shuttle, so 2nd stay I went and helped myself and then they wanted to charge me for breakfast (but didnt when I explained) so check before taking! There is a wallmart next door for snacks and drinks, and a mexican, a hooters and a coffee shop across the road, but not much else nearby.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jo_Aberdeen_UK
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for your coments and taking the time to write a review. I believe that this might be for a differnt hotel due to us not having a walmart next store to us.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hotel is close to the airport and they provide shuttle for transportation. The room is spacious and very clean. There is a really comfortable desk and sofa! The free wifi is very quick. The front desk is friendly and professional!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your recent comments about our hotel and that your were happy with our desk and sofa's. It is always nice to hear that wifi is working well as we know how important it is that it is efficient as well.
Walnut, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We didn't even travel by plane, but we found this hotel very convenient, plus it was so clean, staff were friendly and efficient plus -- most important -- the wifi had a strong signal. Never faltered once. Will surely go back.

Room Tip: The rooms we got were right by the freeway, but it didn't seem to matter. No problem sleeping.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. It great to hear that you had no problems with our wifi. I'm glad that the room was comfortable and that your experience was enjoyable with your visit.
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Courtyard Marriott - Airport - San Jose

This hotel is about as convenient to the airport as a hotel can be. We stayed here twice within 10 days - flying in and flying out of San Jose. It was particularly practical because members of our party were flying in at different times. We found it easily after renting a car at the airport, and the shuttle service was very accommodating, picking up one of our party quickly from the airport. Leaving for the airport was a little more problematic - the shuttle leaves every half hour beginning at 4 AM, but is on a first-come first-serve basis. In our case, there were too many passengers for the 8 AM shuttle, but we got on. In fairness, the driver said she would make a second trip to be sure those left behind got there, but the front desk told me the night before that if you miss the shuttle you can take a cab to the airport. This was not the service I expected from a hotel that probably doubt relies primarily on airport business. We got downstairs early to be sure to get on the shuttle.

Interactions with the front desk might have been better. On first encounter, after spelling my name several times for the desk clerk (perhaps she could have looked at an ID?), I mentioned that we had prepaid for the hotel's "Stay for Breakfast" weekend promotion. I was informed that this did not appear on her computer and must be an Orbitz promotion since I had booked the room through Orbitz. Returning from the car, where I had gone to retrieve my printed reservation confirmation, I met the clerk in the doorway. She apologized, saying she did not recognize the abbreviation "SFB" on their computer. Later that evening, I called the front desk with my Marriott Rewards number, to get credit for our stay, but was informed that this stay would not count toward reward points because it was booked on the Orbitz site rather than their site - even though the price of the room (with breakfast) was the same on the Marriott site. I was surprised, but another clerk confirmed this the next morning. So I went online to cancel our return reservation on Orbitz and rebook it on the Marriott site - an unnecessary and aggravating exercise.

That said, the room was nice - quiet, clean, well-appointed. We had a room with two queen beds for the three of us. The bathroom was divided into one area with toilet and shower and another area with sink and refrigerator, which worked pretty well for our group. The door between areas opens on to the person standing at the sink, so that creates a little space problem. The lack of a microwave was a little inconvenience.

The staff in the breakfast area was particularly pleasant and accommodating - they knew about the "SFB" and said they were expecting us, after looking us up by room number on the computer. The breakfast was good and filling, with hot cooked or cold choices and “healthy” alternatives like egg whites and turkey sausage and skim milk.

Overall, I would choose this hotel again if flying in and out of the San Jose airport. Easy airport access, a quiet and comfortable room, and a good breakfast are the determining factors. And the price is right.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding the confussion the your rate, and I do appologies for the associate not knowing the rate program for the breakfast rate. As the associate shared with you, it is always better to check marriott.com before any online sites. The rate will always be the same. Once again, thank you for your comments and taking the time to write the review