“My Least Favorite Marriott Property”

Courtyard San Jose Airport
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The only thing good about this hotel is the location. It is very close to the airport.

I really hate the incredibly stiff make-overs this Courtyard went through a while back. While some may value it as modern and functional it simply fells contrived and non-functional to me.

What really tilts the scale is the rooms. I've stayed at this hotel many time (as my company prefers it for some reason) and I don't think I've gotten a good night's sleep ever in this hotel. If it's not the air conditioner noise it's the blinking green light on the smoke alarm which pretty much lights up the entire room multiple times a minute.

There are other SJC airport hotels where I feel that you will be more comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments. We have received a few comments about the smoke detectors and have discussed in purchasing new ones. I have informed our Engineer and we are working on the maintenance of our AC units. We appreciate the feedback and we hope you continue to stay with us.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We really enjoyed our stay! When we checked, the front desk clerk, Tonya, was so kind and very informative. She have us specific instructions on where we could find the best shod and restaurants. We will definity return and also share our experience with our friends and family.

Thank you Tonya!

• Stayed: March 2014
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your comments regarding Tonya with her. She has been an excellent addition to our team, and I am glad you thought so as well. We all appreciate your kind words.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Please book the shuttle to the airport ahead of time! They have very limited shuttle service. Our room was very clean, and everything worked properly. Shower, Wi-Fi, etc. All very good. Had a great room facing the inner courtyard. We were surprised by the amount of guest noise from the hallway at night. And by the freeway noise. We're spoiled by the soundproofing at hotels adjacent to the San Francisco airport. So this one is our fault. All the people we talked to at this hotel were each very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the noise that you encountered and thank you for sharing your comments with us. I will let our associates know that they were helpful and pleasant as they are committed to ensure our guests have a positive experience. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to San Jose.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed at the Courtyard for almost a week and loved it! The location is very convenient - close to major freeways and SJO airport. Felt safe even when returning late at night. There are some restaurants close by. Always returned to a well cleaned room. The staff works hard and it shows making this hotel special.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review about the San Jose Airport Courtyard. We appreciate your kind words. I will be sure to share your comments with our team, as they try very hard every day to make our guests experience a positive one.

We hope to see you back here again soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Nice hotel with a good professional staff. Ericson was very helpful, friendly and welcoming during my check in. The room was clean and pleasant. Good bed and shower. The location to the SJC airport is a 2 min drive. I believe they have a shuttle but I did not utilize it. Also convenient to freeways, easy access to all of Silicon Valley.
Upon check in, Ericson offered me a fortune cooking with Marriott points as the fortune. Great idea and a fun way to greet guests. Plenty of parking without a charge (good thing!) They offer a complimentary breakfast and wifi. The price was very reasonable. Will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking time out to review the San Jose Airport Courtyard by Marriott. I will be sure to share your comments regarding Ericson with him. He has been an excellent addition to our team, and I am glad you thought so as well. It's great to read that he made you feel welcome and that we provided you with a room that met your expectations. We all appreciate your kind words.

We hope to see you at our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I spent one night here with my girlfriend. It's really conveniently located near the airport and they have an airport shuttle bus that leaves every 30 minutes. It takes only a few minutes to get there. Even for the really early flights. The trainee Diana at reception was very helpful and friendly. She even called us when we got to our room to check if everything was ok. Maybe this is standard procedure with the Marriott but it's a nice touch.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for your taking the time to review the San Jose Airport Courtyard. We appreicate the positive comments. We are fortunate to be close to the airport and I'm glad you were able to utilize the shuttle. It is a great benefit that we have to offer to our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to you soon!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Nice place to stay. Many good restaurants near by. Airport shuttle nice too. We were able to drop off the rental car early - shuttle picked us up and brought us back to the hotel, then early to the airport to catch our flight.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends