“Love this hotel!”

Courtyard San Jose Airport
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
“Love this hotel!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I've been traveling to the Bay Area for several months now and I make it a point to stay here whenever I can. The check in staff is fantastic. Tonya has remembered my name every time and makes an effort to get me a room closer to the front where it's safe for a woman traveling alone. Craig behind the bar is wonderful! The food he prepares is always spot on and he always makes everyone feel at home.

Good job Marriott!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the San Jose Airport Courtyard. I will be sure to share your comments regarding Tonya and Craig. They are both a great asset to our team, and I am glad you thought so as well. We all appreciate your kind words. We hope to see you again and thank you for choosing us as your home away from home!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The room was clean, there were plenty of great amenities, and the staff was very pleasurable. Overall it was a great experience. I will definitely come back whenever I am in the area again. If I had to have one complaint, it would just be that the prices of the food in the market were exorbitantly high, but that is to be expected from most hotel shops.

• Stayed April 2014
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for your comments and we are glad we enjoyed your stay. I have shared your comments with our staff, as they always work very hard to make our guests feel welcome. We hope to see you again!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The only thing good about this hotel is the location. It is very close to the airport.

I really hate the incredibly stiff make-overs this Courtyard went through a while back. While some may value it as modern and functional it simply fells contrived and non-functional to me.

What really tilts the scale is the rooms. I've stayed at this hotel many time (as my company prefers it for some reason) and I don't think I've gotten a good night's sleep ever in this hotel. If it's not the air conditioner noise it's the blinking green light on the smoke alarm which pretty much lights up the entire room multiple times a minute.

There are other SJC airport hotels where I feel that you will be more comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments. We have received a few comments about the smoke detectors and have discussed in purchasing new ones. I have informed our Engineer and we are working on the maintenance of our AC units. We appreciate the feedback and we hope you continue to stay with us.
Lakewood, California
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We really enjoyed our stay! When we checked, the front desk clerk, Tonya, was so kind and very informative. She have us specific instructions on where we could find the best shod and restaurants. We will definity return and also share our experience with our friends and family.

Thank you Tonya!

• Stayed March 2014
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your comments regarding Tonya with her. She has been an excellent addition to our team, and I am glad you thought so as well. We all appreciate your kind words.

We hope to see you again!
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Please book the shuttle to the airport ahead of time! They have very limited shuttle service. Our room was very clean, and everything worked properly. Shower, Wi-Fi, etc. All very good. Had a great room facing the inner courtyard. We were surprised by the amount of guest noise from the hallway at night. And by the freeway noise. We're spoiled by the soundproofing at hotels adjacent to the San Francisco airport. So this one is our fault. All the people we talked to at this hotel were each very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the noise that you encountered and thank you for sharing your comments with us. I will let our associates know that they were helpful and pleasant as they are committed to ensure our guests have a positive experience. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to San Jose.
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Courtyard for almost a week and loved it! The location is very convenient - close to major freeways and SJO airport. Felt safe even when returning late at night. There are some restaurants close by. Always returned to a well cleaned room. The staff works hard and it shows making this hotel special.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review about the San Jose Airport Courtyard. We appreciate your kind words. I will be sure to share your comments with our team, as they try very hard every day to make our guests experience a positive one.

We hope to see you back here again soon!
california
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Nice hotel with a good professional staff. Ericson was very helpful, friendly and welcoming during my check in. The room was clean and pleasant. Good bed and shower. The location to the SJC airport is a 2 min drive. I believe they have a shuttle but I did not utilize it. Also convenient to freeways, easy access to all of Silicon Valley.
Upon check in, Ericson offered me a fortune cooking with Marriott points as the fortune. Great idea and a fun way to greet guests. Plenty of parking without a charge (good thing!) They offer a complimentary breakfast and wifi. The price was very reasonable. Will stay again in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking time out to review the San Jose Airport Courtyard by Marriott. I will be sure to share your comments regarding Ericson with him. He has been an excellent addition to our team, and I am glad you thought so as well. It's great to read that he made you feel welcome and that we provided you with a room that met your expectations. We all appreciate your kind words.

We hope to see you at our hotel again soon.