“Pleasant Stay, Great if traveling for business”

Courtyard San Jose Airport
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Got stuck in San Jose after a flight was cancelled, the airline put us up at the Courtyard Marriott. Very friendly staff, and very helpful. We arrived very late in the evening and departed very early, so I didn't get to experience the ammenities, but I was left with a good experience from the employees of the hotel. Great place if traveling in and out of the airport, as they have boarding pass stations and televisions that display flight information and weather.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here May, 2013, and gave my review. Then, when I got my credit card bill, I found they had billed me, versus the company card that room was reserved on. When I Checked in, they asked for my card for incidentals. Well, they charged the whole room to me. I had to call twice to correct billing. Wish I had checked my visa on-line before writing review. I did this time. Stay was good, just like last year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Mary S, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Hi Carl, thank you for taking the time to send in this review. I can understand how frustrating this must of been to have to take time out of your busy day to rectify an error the hotel made. I appologize for the billing issue and hope that it has been settled to your satisfaction. Please feel free to reach me directly and I will take care of correcting it personally. We appreciate all feedback that we can use as training issues and be assured, this is one we are addressing.
Thanks for choosing the San Jose Airport Courtyard, I hope give us another opportunity to meet your expectations.

Sincerely, Mary Salse

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. This place is in walking distance from the airport. It has a really nice trail close by for runners that goes along the Guadalupe river. Bistro is nice but spendy. Staff was excellent and helpful. Had some challenges with my bedding and the staff had it changed in 10 minutes. Great attention to detail. Really like this spot for its easy location.

• Stayed: May 2014
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Mr. Alan,

Thank you for sharing your comments. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff was helpful during your stay. We are conveniently located near the airport and we are near the Guadalupe Trail. I'm sorry about the issue with the bedding and I'm glad we were able to correct the issue. If you are in the area, we hope you will consider us again!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had a great experience at this hotel. The front desk clerk (Mariella) was very friendly and helped me with directions.
My overall experience was great and I well definitely come back to this hotel whenever I'm in the bay area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and recognizing Mariela. I will definitely share with her your comments. She is one of our best associates and I'm glad she was able to assist you. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I've been traveling to the Bay Area for several months now and I make it a point to stay here whenever I can. The check in staff is fantastic. Tonya has remembered my name every time and makes an effort to get me a room closer to the front where it's safe for a woman traveling alone. Craig behind the bar is wonderful! The food he prepares is always spot on and he always makes everyone feel at home.

Good job Marriott!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the San Jose Airport Courtyard. I will be sure to share your comments regarding Tonya and Craig. They are both a great asset to our team, and I am glad you thought so as well. We all appreciate your kind words. We hope to see you again and thank you for choosing us as your home away from home!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The room was clean, there were plenty of great amenities, and the staff was very pleasurable. Overall it was a great experience. I will definitely come back whenever I am in the area again. If I had to have one complaint, it would just be that the prices of the food in the market were exorbitantly high, but that is to be expected from most hotel shops.

• Stayed: April 2014
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for your comments and we are glad we enjoyed your stay. I have shared your comments with our staff, as they always work very hard to make our guests feel welcome. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The only thing good about this hotel is the location. It is very close to the airport.

I really hate the incredibly stiff make-overs this Courtyard went through a while back. While some may value it as modern and functional it simply fells contrived and non-functional to me.

What really tilts the scale is the rooms. I've stayed at this hotel many time (as my company prefers it for some reason) and I don't think I've gotten a good night's sleep ever in this hotel. If it's not the air conditioner noise it's the blinking green light on the smoke alarm which pretty much lights up the entire room multiple times a minute.

There are other SJC airport hotels where I feel that you will be more comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Lydia O, Manager at Courtyard San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments. We have received a few comments about the smoke detectors and have discussed in purchasing new ones. I have informed our Engineer and we are working on the maintenance of our AC units. We appreciate the feedback and we hope you continue to stay with us.