“Excellent rooms,great price and pleasant service”

Fontaine Inn Downtown-Fairgrounds
Ranked #52 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Fullerton, California
“Excellent rooms,great price and pleasant service”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The front desk lady was friendly and helpful through out our stay. The non smoking room was larger than i expected and was spacious enough for the kids to play around. I was glad there was a good size refrigerator in the room to keep our drinks cold in this heat. The bathroom was clean and had a good shower. The most pleasant part of the 3 night stay was the size and comfort of the bed that lead to 3nights of great sleep. Having a 2 storey chuck e cheese within walking distant is just a great benefit when you have kids. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Brett J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I booked this hotel online. I wanted a non-smoking with two queen beds. I showed up to check in and the front desk lady gave me a room. When I got to the room it was a stinky smoking room with one one. The carpets are filthy. I try to change the room but she said there aren't any available. It looks like a very unsafe neighborhood to stay in. We quickly took our luggage back out to the car and left for a better hotel. I would never stay here again. It is the worst hotel ever. The parking lot looks more like a truck stop than a hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel. I paid less to stay closer to the airport.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank VW_Treffen_Traveler

Travellers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Manager was rude, gang members hang around, homeless walking through parking lot. Sec 8 families staying there, Social security office next door. Parking lot not secure. Hotel should be a Motel, Privately owned.

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank lugnutmstr x
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My partner and I recently stayed at the Fontaine Inn in San Jose. We travel a lot and stay at a lot of hotels. We had a great couple of nights here, and would definitely stay again. Actually, our first night in town we were at the Fontaine Inn, we then went a couple doors down to a slightly cheaper motel where they "leave the light on for you", but then came back to the Fontaine Inn for night three for the amenities were much better. It's so nice when you are traveling and you can bring your leftovers back to a nice cold fridge in the room (the coldest we have ever come across, it even kept our ice ceam frozen!! :-) This was also coupled with excellent customer service in the office by Mitt and the rest of the staff. Mitt was very attentive and easy to talk to. We liked that the pool here is so well hidden from the outside, in fact we didn't even know there was a pool until our second stay! We had a lot of business to take care of all over San Jose, and the Fontaine Inn is perfecty central to everything. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 May 2012

i stayed there for couple nights , and the front desk was very helpful and polite , the rooms were in good conditios and the bed was very comfy. i recomend this hotelfor your next visit to san jose cause it is very close to the main freeways and to the downtown , convention center, very good location.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Meadow Vista
Reviewed 29 April 2012

First off, you get what you pay for! I had a very nice stay here and the front office was extremely polite and helpful! The room was nothing special but it worked for my needs. I was in town for the Springsteen concert at HP Pavilion and it was only a 7 minute drive from the Inn. Upstairs room was quite, in fact I could not hear Hwy 101. The bed was comfortable (king delux), the shower worked perfect, the TV was a bit small but I only watched it in the morning while packing up. I did not use WiFi so I can not write about it. People who complain must except a four or five star hotel. My response is do your research ahead of time.
Again, great place for the price and I would stay here again!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
omaha
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband and I will be traveling to San Jose several times a year now, him to spend an afternoon, evening and the next morning until noon with his mother, me to have a lot of uninterrupted time to work on line. This is what happened April 4 and 5, 2012.
I am writing this from the hotel room we are in at the Fontaine Inn, where, based on their webpage, we made reservations 2 weeks in advance. I would love to post it from here, and will try, but the wifi, even after having the tech man on the phone help me reconfigure my computer, is unusable.
When we arrived yesterday at 2pm, the manager was very nice. We couldn’t get into room 108 because the key cards didn’t work. After he reset them, he accompanied me to the room to make sure they worked. I entered the room, and immediately called him back to see the yellow painted graffiti on the work table.. I called him back again to point out the line etched into the mirror, all the way across it. He took a minute to look around the room, and pointed out where someone had put their fist through the bathroom door. I pointed out the destroyed lampshade over the microwave, but he said that was normal wear. The room was a dump, no other room was offered. Things just got worse. My requested non smoking room was obviously a smoking room. I couldn’t open the window because there wasn’t a screen. There were, however, torn curtains! Every piece of furniture in the room, including the tub, had multiple cigarette burns. The phone book was graffitied. There was half a roll of toilet paper, no more. No hangers, suitcase rack, the television remote had been chewed on, and the microwave didn’t work. I called the front desk about a clock, which is listed in the amenities, and was told that if there wasn’t one, someone had taken it as a souvenir.
I wasn’t able to work because there was no usable internet. Middle of the night, (turns out it was 1:25, I had to ask when I called the desk because we didn’t have a clock), the smoke alarm started to beep. Called the desk, we got dressed, and the night man tried to make it stop. When he took out the battery, it went from a beep to a screech. Finally, at 2am, he offered to move us to another room, but also asked that I write a list of what was wrong with the room and discuss it then. Finally, at 2:30am, we moved to room 104. What a difference! This room was what we expected initially. Even had an extra roll of toilet paper! Two tables, the heating, cooling unit was framed in, there was a rack for the menus, the tub was caulked, it’s like a complete different hotel! And…..it’s the non-smoking room I had reserved. OK, so the curtains were full of holes, making it look like we had a mirrored ball hanging from the ceiling, but it was much better.
At 6:45 this morning, after very little sleep, we discovered that again, one of the key cards didn’t work. While in the office getting this corrected, I thanked the night man for changing our room, and asked the day man what on earth he was doing yesterday, putting us in an absolute dump when there was a good room available, and I had told him that if things were OK, we’d be a two or three time a year visitor. I also asked him to start thinking about what he was planning on charging me when I physically came to the office to check out, as he requested.
When I came in to check out, (who has to physically go to the front to check out?), I had to wait while he checked people in. He bragged about their high speed internet to all of them! When I asked him what the charge was going to be for the room, he said that he’d have to talk to his boss, and would get back to me. No one got back to me, and my credit card was charged $94.22 for the night from hell.
DON’T EVEN CONSIDER STAYING HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business