“Nice, great value”

Fontaine Inn Downtown-Fairgrounds
Ranked #54 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Clean, pleasant smell on entering. Everything worked, great shower. Personnel were all helpful and friendly. Fridge and microwave were both good. Internet was strong and fairly fast. Bed was comfortable. A/c was good, but a little noisy. I all it was a great value and I would stay there again

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert S
Mit P, General Manager at Fontaine Inn Downtown-Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for letting us know how we did during your stay at the Fontaine Inn Downtown-Fairgrouds. Our engineering department is constantly checking the rooms to make sure everything is clean and in good working order. We would love for you to come stay at our hotel the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

What I wanna say is that hotel is amazing, nice , smells good, clean, the most amazing thing is the smell, its so nice, I keep smokinng there, and the smell still good, I hope I can stay for weeks or months there, but the problem is (I'm broken) hahahah, I don't have enough money to stay longer than this, but u know guys, if you give me one night free, ( at lest one , lol) I'll be glad, also am gonna promote this hotel every where I go in san jose, I always told my friend how amazing is this hotel, but I'm student, so its kinda expensive for me, you feel me . Any way thank you for the nice and wonderfull night I staied there, when I get some money I'll xome back for sure, (ehamza91@hotmail.com)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank _jordan_0291
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The front desk lady was friendly and helpful through out our stay. The non smoking room was larger than i expected and was spacious enough for the kids to play around. I was glad there was a good size refrigerator in the room to keep our drinks cold in this heat. The bathroom was clean and had a good shower. The most pleasant part of the 3 night stay was the size and comfort of the bed that lead to 3nights of great sleep. Having a 2 storey chuck e cheese within walking distant is just a great benefit when you have kids. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Brett J
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I booked this hotel online. I wanted a non-smoking with two queen beds. I showed up to check in and the front desk lady gave me a room. When I got to the room it was a stinky smoking room with one one. The carpets are filthy. I try to change the room but she said there aren't any available. It looks like a very unsafe neighborhood to stay in. We quickly took our luggage back out to the car and left for a better hotel. I would never stay here again. It is the worst hotel ever. The parking lot looks more like a truck stop than a hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel. I paid less to stay closer to the airport.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank VW_Treffen_Traveler
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Manager was rude, gang members hang around, homeless walking through parking lot. Sec 8 families staying there, Social security office next door. Parking lot not secure. Hotel should be a Motel, Privately owned.

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank lugnutmstr x
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My partner and I recently stayed at the Fontaine Inn in San Jose. We travel a lot and stay at a lot of hotels. We had a great couple of nights here, and would definitely stay again. Actually, our first night in town we were at the Fontaine Inn, we then went a couple doors down to a slightly cheaper motel where they "leave the light on for you", but then came back to the Fontaine Inn for night three for the amenities were much better. It's so nice when you are traveling and you can bring your leftovers back to a nice cold fridge in the room (the coldest we have ever come across, it even kept our ice ceam frozen!! :-) This was also coupled with excellent customer service in the office by Mitt and the rest of the staff. Mitt was very attentive and easy to talk to. We liked that the pool here is so well hidden from the outside, in fact we didn't even know there was a pool until our second stay! We had a lot of business to take care of all over San Jose, and the Fontaine Inn is perfecty central to everything. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2012

i stayed there for couple nights , and the front desk was very helpful and polite , the rooms were in good conditios and the bed was very comfy. i recomend this hotelfor your next visit to san jose cause it is very close to the main freeways and to the downtown , convention center, very good location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends