“Better Than Many Reviews”

Caravelle Inn & Suites
Ranked #63 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Carson City
“Better Than Many Reviews”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I was reluctant to stay at this hotel because of the reviews I read. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly service at the desk, a nice room (older but clean), and I felt very safe there. We left our car for 25 days and came back to find it in perfect shape and had not been tampered with at all. Courtesy Bus to airport was on time and for the return home, we received a taxi which the hotel paid for completely. Overall, it was a good stay for the price.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank FrequentFlyer09

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kingsburg, California
Reviewed 30 November 2012

The room was clean ill them that, there was construction happening right across the street so it was very loud in the morning, & there's a trolley/Bart train thing right in the middle of the street & goes by ringing its loud bell till 2 in the morning so we didn't really get to sleep like we wanted & we were on vacation. The lights in our room kept going off so there was a shortage or something wrong with the wiring & when we told the front desk they didn't really seem to bothered by it.
There was a $60 dollar charge to hold the room it took 3 days to have them put it back when the front desk said it would go in right away. I would not go back ;(

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Esther C
Central CA coast
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We did the stay/park/fly program and did not have a problem with the stay our first night, leaving our car while we were gone, or the ride to the airport. Everything went just fine. Hotel was just OK for the one night. When we returned we were supposed to call the hotel for our ride back to get our car after we got our luggage. WE CALLED THEM FOR AN HOUR AND NO ANSWER. We were thinking of taking a cab and paying the extra fees but I remembered that the hotel we were staying in that night had a free airport pickup. I called them and they ANSWERED RIGHT AWAY and were very nice and sent a van to pick us up. We were going to see if they could go by to pick up our car. A Caravelle Inn van came just as the other hotel van arrived. There was only room for my husband, no luggage, on the Caravelle van as SOOO MANY people were waiting since they didn't answer their phone. I took all of our luggage to the other hotel while my husband went to get our car. When he went in the office the girl behind the counter was just standing there, not busy. He asked her why she didn't answer the phone and she said it didn't ring. She had not been properly trained on the phoned and had pushed a button to silence the phone, so NO ONE COULD GET THROUGH.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dressagetrainer
PASO ROBLES
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed at the Caravelle Inn in San Jose on the front end of a recent trip, from Oct. 13-21, and parked my car there under the Park, Sleep & Fly program while gone.

Customer service regarding the shuttle was horrendous. When I needed shuttle service upon my return, I had to call repeatedly (six times) and wait for 25-30 rings of the phone before giving up and calling back, or, finally, having "Maya" at the hotel answer. The first time she finally answered, she wanted me to call her back and when I finally got her the second time, she put me on hold (on a Sunday night!!). I would never use this hotel again under any circumstances.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel if you need shuttle service.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 10 September 2012

As a businessman who has stayed here on many occasions over the last several months when in town and away from my Corporate Office in Las Vegas, I have found this hotel to be very accommodating to my needs on each of my stays. The staff from the from the Front Desk persons, the Housekeepers and even the Maintenance man has always been very friendly and professional to me.

ALL of the one and two-bed, rooms that I have stayed in have always been very CLEAN, the bed and bath linens are always FRESH and CLEAN and on many occasions by looking at the labels look brand new in my opinion. The shower water is HOT; Cable TV channels work great and provide a wide variety of channels to look at including the HD channels that are on their High Definition TV’s. There is a microwave and mini-fridge in the room and the wireless internet connectivity has always worked well on my lap-top and PDA. There's also a free continental breakfast that they put out every morning in their lobby with coffee, juice, cereals, breads and pastries. Good way to start your day especially if you are in a hurry and on the go as I am when I stay there.

I have NEVER HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE with a room's condition at this hotel, nor have I had any other issues there. Again, for me as a businessman, this is very important to me, and this is why I keep returning to the Caravelle Inn when I am in San Jose. After all, isn't it all about the service and the room?

BOTTOM LINE, it meets and exceeds my expectations; GOOD hotel, GOOD location, GOOD prices. It’s a GOOD fit for me, probably would be for you too.

Room Tip: Don't be discouraged by some of the negative comments you may find written about the Caravelle I...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Raymond J
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Be sure to bring your own towels they will have a heart attack if u ask for more towel. They told my family they do not provide towels if u want to go swimming,hot tub is suppose to be hot this one is colder then the swimming pool!! Lady at front desk was pleasant but the other two male workers were rude and very unhospitable ... I will never stay or reccomend anyone to this establishment !

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank CharlieNCandy
caravellesanjose, Manager at Caravelle Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank you for your opinion, we'd sincerely apologized for any inconvenience during your stay, customer satisfaction is one of our utmost priority. Please contact us directly to resolve this matter to your satisfaction.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 2 April 2012

IFirst of all, I did not look for reviews on this place or I would never have booked it.
When making my reservation, I specifically asked if there was complimentary airport shuttle and was told "Yes." So we call for the shuttle when we arrive at the airport and are told there is not a complimentary shuttle, we would have to call a cab. FIRST rip-off! I tried to talk to the "gal" about falsifying the reservation and all she had was, "Ma"am it's POLICY," if I had a dime for each time I heard the word "Policy" I'd be rich. Then I wanted to cancel reservation, nope, can't do that, it's POLICY!! We got hosed for the cab ride to hotel and again (SECOND rip-off) in the morning to the airport. Room was filthy, air/heater was full of dust and who knows what else, couldn't turn it on. Locks were minimal, windows even more minimal. Heard right thru the walls, tons of noise. Seemed to rent by the hour. Sleep at the airport rather than booking this hotel! BIG rip-off, unwilling to work with customers.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Lora B
caravellesanjose, Manager at Caravelle Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
We apologized for the misunderstanding, on our website, we'd disclosed such information very clearly. We do not provide free shuttles, it is available for a fee unless you are our Park, Sleep and Fly guests. Your satisfaction is our priority, please call us directly so we can resolve this matter to your satisfaction.

Best Regards