“Ants, Ants, Ants & Constant Blown Circuit breakers” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caravelle Inn & Suites

Caravelle Inn & Suites
Ranked #63 of 76 Hotels in San Jose
West Sacramento, California
“Ants, Ants, Ants & Constant Blown Circuit breakers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel by accident due to friend who is an elderly woman booking a room there while we were booked at another hotel. We did not want her to stay alone, so we cancelled our other booking and stayed there so we were there with her. While I would stay the staff that we associated with were friendly, I can say we will never stay there again. The pictures on the internet makes this place look a lot better than what it does in person. While it does not look all that bad from the outside, the inside was one of the worst I have ever seen or experienced. The Bed Linen was soiled and we had to ask to have it changed when we arrived. When I say soiled, I will say real soiled from the human eye. Going into the bathroom, there was a stream of ants going from one side to the other. Wanting to take a shower after the trip down, I noticed there as a hole in the sealing in the shower that was covered up with a piece of Cardboard. They have a light, Microwave and Refrigerator in the room plugged into an extension cord. This is not a Surge protector type, it is just the old fashion type of extension cord. If you tried to use the Microwave, it would trip the circuit breaker causing you to have to go to the front desk and wait 20 minutes for them to reset the breaker. As we went there on business, do not believe when they say they have a T3 internet service. It is the weakest internet I have seen, multiple wifi connections and it goes out every 15 minutes and they tell you just to connect to one of their other connections. Frustrating when you are trying to be online for work or pleasure. I think over all, the worse thing about this place was the ants. They were everywhere! We tried to leave and get our original hotel with our friend or even anywhere else, but unfortunately, this weekend, as we had gone there for a business convention, every hotel was booked so we were forced to stay there. We will never stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: If you don't mind ants and not going to use the internet or microwave, I am sure this place will...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cdub1962

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Me and my friends( 4 total) booked this hotel for Fanime and it was a terrible mistake. Our room had a two (Gross) Queen sized beds, a bathroom with an annoying loud fan that came on every time you turned on the light, a mini fridge and coffee maker (that was nice) and a tv with basic cable (eh didnt use it much). One thing that i still cant get over is the disgusting carpet. me and my friends HAD to have floor socks and bed socks just because of how filthy this carpet was. The bed seemed cleanish but after what we went through with the floor we weren't taking any chances. we covered the pillows when we slept and tried to sleep with the comforter off. Now, on to their customer service. It was terrible. There was a nice younger lady who was more helpful to us while complaining about an incident with one of their employees the night before. ( A spider was crawling on my pillow and i was laying down on it, i did not scream but did make squealing noises while getting off the bed suuuuper fast and going outside. almost immediately a guy comes up the stairs and yells at us that he will kick us out immediately if we don't stop having a party up there because we signed an agreement to no parties). Also asked for towels and didnt receive them for 3 hours until i went down there myself and got some (i still had to wait a couple mins for them). Over all i would never recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. Just like another person said, just spend the extra money for somewhere else. We would of left that hotel the first night for the holiday inn right next to us if we could of gotten a refund.

Room Tip: Dont do it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Auburn, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Thought we were going to have a nice trip. BUT HOTEL SERVICE WAS HORRIBLE. hotel had to CHECK and see if they had clean towels, they asked us if we wanted room service and it never came. I also accidentally left a swimsuit in the room and when I called them the next day they Said our room was trashed and they throw clothes away...
I'm sorry... I didn't know I had to fold dirty towels! Literally the cleanest I've ever left a hotel room.
I would never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't do it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

There is no way for me to add onto my older review, so I am writing a new one. We again tried, wrongly, this hotel. It's worse than last year, which wasn't great. Additionally our car ended up getting very scratched. Bottom line is it's much better to spring an extra $100 and stay elsewhere, with a better place for your car. Bathroom light didn't work, and I think they are renting the place by the hour now?

2 Thank Evelyn V
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

This was the most gross experience of a hotel stay in my life.. I don't even know where to start.. so we'll just leave it at that. Wait for this place to go up in flames if there is any more extension cords in the rooms trying to power the coffee maker.. and blowing the fuse in the building. We voiced our concerns to the mgr.. via email the next day- had 6am flight.. and pretty much told us.. "to bad"..
Karma will come around to such awful people...

Room Tip: no tips- spread the word that this place should be shut down !
2 Thank Redrocr13
Petaluma, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We booked in advance and gave a credit card to hold our reservation. When we arrived at 7:00pm we were told that our room was canceled because they had tried to run our card through at 6pm that night and it was declined each time (impossible, and they could not prove they had even tried). So, after talking to the front desk girl and getting a flimsy, unapologetic explanation as to why we could not have our room she said that we could have another room but it would cost more. Apparently, though not printed anywhere, if they are booked and you don't check-in by 6pm they run your card - if the card is declined they cancel your room. Finally she gave us a room with two doubles instead of a king, which was fine. From the outside the hotel looks ok. It is near a VTA line and restaurants. Inside is a whole other story. Only one light in the room worked. The shower/tub didn't look like it had been cleaned in a while and there was very obvious mold everywhere in the bathroom. (see pics.) The beds were comfortable, but the next morning when we went to take a shower the light only flickered in the bathroom and we were not about to deal with the impossible front desk again, so we had our breakfast in the lobby that was included in the cost of the room and left. It was disgusting. On a good note, after telling the front desk person about the bathroom light and overall cleanliness of the bathroom she had the manager call us back and he gave us a $10 credit. That was nice, and not something we really thought they would follow up on.
One star is for the comfortable bed, convenience to VTA line, and credit on room for unusable bathroom.

1 Thank milosmomma
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Me & my husband reached this hotel around 6.30pm. The staff really rude & unfriendly. The room was dark with very old furniture, hard bed and a box tv (instead of flat screen shown on Hotels.com website). Besides this, we saw couple of weird people hanging around who didn't seem to be the guests staying there. When I mentioned this to the receptionist, she was so rude and wasn't even ready to give us another room on the front side of building. Funny thing is she told me there illegal activities going around one block further but this hotel is ok to stay!! How can those strange people not walk and hang at this hotel - which front side is alright, but the back building is so dark n gloomy!!! We left from that place within 30mins and without any refund!
I would only advise people to pay couple of more bucks and stay somewhere safe.....

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple