“Updated decor, comfy beds and a very Friendly, helpful staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Jose Airport
Ranked #20 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Booked 2 rooms here for family members and myself for a 3 night stay. I stayed in a King room in the back of the hotel. Although I did not have a nice patio that faced the pool, I had a nice size room and bathroom. I even had 2 sinks and 2 mirrors which is especially nice when you have more than one person in a room. There was no full length mirror in my room though,. My room had both a refrigerator and microwave. I had a single cup coffee maker in my room as well. The room decor was updated and the bed was very comfortable. I had no problem with noise with the exception of the fan in the toilet/shower area of the bathroom. There was only one switch so when you turned the light on the noisy fan came on as well. Made me especially glad I had the extra sink area outside of the toilet/shower area.
My other family members room was a double queen room on the first floor. It had a nice patio that faced the pool. Their bathroom was much smaller than mine and they did not have the extra sink. They did have a full length mirror though. Everything else was much the same as my room other than they said their noise level was very high. They could hear noises from above them as well as those in the hallway.
The free breakfast at this hotel was wonderful. Lots of hot and cold varieties of food. Also had cookies and coffee in the afternoon by the lobby area. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful! There was one particular woman in the breakfast area that went up and beyond to be friendly and helpful. She would bring you more coffee, clear your plates from the table, ask you if you needed anything, all with a smile on her face. Wish I would have gotten her name.
We very much enjoyed the pool / hot tub area of this hotel as well . It was well maintained and handicap accessible. Had lots of nice big towels poolside. We spent a lot of our afternoons out there.
This hotel is very convenient to the airport , SJSU, and downtown San Jose. You can easily take the HWY or if it's rush hour you can take the back roads. We also rode the mass transit one time from downtown for $2 and it dropped us off right by the hotel. Also there are several restaurants within walking distance to this hotel. I would definitely stay at this hotel if in the area again. It's nice not to be charged for everything like at most of the downtown hotels.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bigthicket

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Checking in was fast and friendly. Clerk noted that we were going to check out before breakfast was served the next morning so she prepared us "breakfast" bags. Room was nice and very clean. The shuttle to the airport was very fast and convenient, driver very friendly. I would totally recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Pros-
Some of the best customer service I have ever had, from check in to the breakfast area- always a "hello, can I help you"- just top notch.
Rooms very clean and well kept. Beds so comfortable, Bathroom spotless.
Plenty of parking around.
Places to eat only 20 yards away-Subway,Chipolle,Starbucks,pizza place.

Cons-
Only one is that if you stay on low floor your upstairs will keep you awake. Very thin floors. Also each time they flush you hear it.

Room Tip: Do not stay on first floor. Also ask for a room thay faces the pool- you get a balcony
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BoiseID999
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Checking out tomorrow from a 4 night stay and I've been very pleased. This hotel is on two busy streets, just off a freeway and adjacent to a major airport, but you wouldn't know it from inside my room. All I hear is the soft hum of the a/c unit and the fridge. And I'm on the first floor, but no overhead noise either. This property is clearly well-insulated.
The double Queen room is spacious with a desk and office chair, dresser with 3 huge drawers and an LG flat screen TV on top, a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom has a bowed shower curtain rod and granite vanities. There is a 2nd sink and vanity outside the bathroom door in the closet area. The closet contains a safe, larger than most I've seen in hotel rooms, big enough for most laptops. The beds are comfortable and on the soft side. Bed linens are wonderfully soft, the towels just ok. There is a small patio outside a slider door. Overlooks the parking area and has no chairs, but it was nice just to open the door for fresh air.
The hotel offers a free breakfast daily with the typical selection of breads, fruit, cereals, juices, coffee, make your own fresh waffles, and eggs and sausage in buffet warmers. I made a turkey sausage, egg and cheese sandwich on a toasted English muffin one morning and it was very good. The coffee was just ok...rather weak. But there's a Starbuck's next door if you need better coffee. Also in the same retail strip with this hotel you will find a Chipotle, a Subway, and a pizza place.
There is a lovely interior courtyard with a heated pool and hot tub, both at very comfortable temps and each with a transfer chair installed.
The business center is a desk in the lobby with 2 computers and a printer, which I used twice to check email, print event tickets and boarding passes. Everything worked flawlessly and really fast. The WiFi works really well here, too.
Finally, I must say that the entire staff here is very friendly and cheerful. I enjoyed my stay here and would not hesitate to choose this hotel again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank baskinJen
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed for 5 nights in February 2014. Very good complementary breakfast. Good fitness room. Rooms are fairly basic, but had everything I needed. Internet worked fine. Didn't get to the pool, but it looks nice.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Rhoda B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for your comment! We are glad that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. We hope to serve you again in your next visit to San Jose!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Although a bit awkward to get in and out of the parking lot the location in proximity to the airport is very convenient. They offered breakfast daily the variety was good. I enjoyed the patio with access to the courtyard. It is close to most shopping Santana Row etc.. there was a starbucks in the same parking lot and a few other food establishments, very convenient. We stayed three nights and when we called about noise in the hallway we were informed that they had just checked in a bus load of high school students and said if the noise continued they would address it (it did quiet down). My only complaint is that our upstairs neighbor was up at 5 a.m. every morning and was a very heavy walker!!!! Sounded as if they were going to come though the ceiling on us! If I ever stay here again I will be sure to stay on the top floor! The staff were all helpful and pleasant the room was clean spacious, had a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker, all in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank l m
Rhoda B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear IM,

Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and apologize we aren’t able to control guest walking patterns. We look forward to welcoming during your next visit to San Jose!
Have a great day.

Regards,
Rhoda Balbas

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed one night here while we were in San Jose for a Sharks game. The location is very convenient both to the SAP Center and to the airport. Parking is free. Check-in was smooth and the staff were all friendly. We had a comfortable king bed. The room was good size and clean. Bathroom was clean. There are several eateries right next door including a Chipotle and Subway). I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hoopmom
Lily M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Hoopmom,

We are definitely proud of our unrivaled location and hope to welcome you again on your next visit to San Jose! Thank you!

Regards,