“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #24 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The Fairfield Marriott at SJC is very close to the airport with free shuttle service. The hotel is very clean with nicely appointed rooms. The staff is very friendly. Breakfast is included including cheese omelets, waffles and hot cereal. The dining area is ample and nicely decorated. The rates are reasonable.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank conradowa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights while in San Jose for a class. I wasn't expecting much since we only paid 89.00 per night and the Doubletree down the street was charging 299.00 per night. The Fairfield Inn was a pleasant surprise. The room was very clean and the bed quite comfortable. Breakfast was included and was prettying standard fare; waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc. I used the gym twice and although it was very small, it was clean and it wasn't crowded. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Califgirltraveling
Mumbai
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel property is very well located - close to the VTA line and connected by No.10 shuttle to San Jose airport as well as the Caltrain. Lots of eating places are in the adjacent lot. Hotel staff were polite and room/bath were clean. Verandahs attached to rooms could do with some daily cleaning. Complimentary hot breakfast was good. Only negatives were the bad wifi connectivity and the somewhat small room size. The hotel staff attempted to solve the wifi problem but it was still not resolved even at the end of our weeks stay. Free parking for our car was a welcome addition.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper level as they are bigger and have better wifi connectivity.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Fairfield was immediately next to the business I was visiting for the week so I booked it, having had great experiences with most Fairfields over the past years. Was that ever a mistake. When I called to hotel to clarify the rate, I found the young lady at the front desk to be be utterly unfriendly, uncooperative, unwelcoming, and everything but what is supposed to be the "Marriott Spirit to Serve". I've had better experiences at Super 8 and Motel 6 properties back in my poor college student days. So, I called the corporate guest services line to see if they could help. The representative assisting me hit the same wall and suggested I try the Courtyard a few blocks away instead. Good call. Very good call.

Room Tip: Uh, switch to Courtyard just a few blocks away.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TexasVoyager_BW
Lily M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear TexasVoyager_BW,

Your feedback is appreciated and I apologize for your experience if you felt the service you’ve received was not up to Marriott standards. Can you advise me of the details of your rate issue so I can rectify the matter? If I can assist you personally during your next visit to San Jose, please contact me directly and I will assure the service you receive is impeccable. Again, thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback.

Hospitably,
Lily Ma, Sales Manager
Montclair, California
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here on way up the coast for road-trip. Clean,comfy,reasonable priced. Safe, fridge,microwave in room. Wonderfully refreshing pool (heated) and jacuzzi. Breakfast in the morning and absolutely clean hotel. Will stay here again if in area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank timmersgal
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Booked a room for 3 nights with my wife while vacationing the Bay Area. Very comfortable beds, free breakfast (with lots of selection), microwave and fridge. Air conditioning worked well. Had a balcony facing the Casino but very quiet. Can't even hear the airplanes or traffic. 3 min walk to the light rail transit to take you to down. 3 min drive to freeways. Restaurants and Starbucks in the parking lot. Very nice pool in the centre of the complex. If staying in San Jose area will for sure consider this place.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Canadian_Goofy
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Booked the property as it showed an airport shuttle but the shuttle only operates after 8am on Sunday - not really useful for our 6am flight.

Trainee checking us in wasn't sure what to do, gave us 2 bad room cards, and didn't mention my Platinum status - there are better in the area - and when they can't take care of their VERY frequent stayers - good luck.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank msgtp
Rhoda B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear MSGTP,

We appreciate your time in sharing with us your experience. We will definitely look into the hours of our shuttle service during the weekend. We currently have the shuttle service start at 5am on the weekday's and 6am on the weekend's, however during the holiday it may change so we advise out guests to call the hotel directly to get current operating hours of our shuttle service. We appreciate that you are one of our loyal Marriott Platinum Elite guests and have chosen to stay with us, I will definitely ensure that I share your comments to my staff so that they are aware of what we need to work on to be able to provide exceptional customer service to all future guests.