“Excellent service!!!”

Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I recently attended an NAACP banquet at the Crown Plaza hotel. The food was delicious and our server, Jeffrey, was the best! Thank you Jeffrey for your wonderful service and thank you Crown Plaza hotel for the lovely accomodations, great food and charming atmosphere!!!

Reviewed 20 May 2011

Describe the service you experienced - Super
Tell us how you liked the room - Clean and enjoyable
Talk about the location & amenities - Awesome
Say what you liked best - The excellent customer service rendered by a staff member named Jeffrey Latep

Reviewed 16 May 2011

Even though the hotel was sold out, the front desk treated me like I was their only guest. They greeted me by name each time I passed the front desk even though I was only there one night. They offered to assist me with transportation and internet without asking for help. They were so kind and made me feel like a VIP. Great stay and special thanks to Mario at the front desk.

Reviewed 13 May 2011

Very nice modern decor restaurant was excellent. Rooms very clean & comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I am really impressed with this hotel. The location is within 2 miles from the airport. The decor is contemporary. Both the bar and dining area was comfortable. But most importantly, the customer service was excellent. Huy, at the front desk, bent over backwards to be accommodating. He helped me get the best price for my room. He answered all my questions about the local sites, and he was just plain nice. Renato in dining was great, too.

The next time I visit San Jose, I'll definitely stay at the Crowne Plaza.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I travel to the US from the UK every month, so I've stayed in my fair share of hotels. I stay at the Crowne Plaza whenever I'm in San Jose.

The location is great. Walking distance to a bunch of good restaurants and bars, and a $2 bus ride to Valley Fair Mall.

The staff are great. The rooms are as you would expect in a 4 star hotel. Clean and spacious and comfortable.

Breakfast is OK. The bar serves dinner. It's usually pretty quiet in there, and the quality of the food is not great, but it's ok for a beer and a sandwich. With so many good restaurants nearby, that's no real hardship.

Over all a great stay (this time was 7 nights), and I'll keep coming back.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 5 May 2011

This was my first time to the hair show in San Jose and my colleagues were staying at the Crowne Plaza so I decided to stay there also. As soon as I walked into the hotel they impressed me. The front desk staff were so welcoming. I have been to hotels where they don't even say hi when you walk in and it just makes you want to go in your room and stay there, I didn't feel that way here. The room was very clean and the beds were so nice. The bed was nicer then mine at home. The only thing was I could here the plans over head, but I was on the top floor. Even with the planes I still had a great night sleep. That night we had dinner in the restaurant and the food and staff were great. The portions were big, it was enough food to feed two people. I believe our servers name was Shana and she was so attentive and made sure that everything was great. I am coming back to this hotel next year. HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Dolce Hayes Mansion
Dolce Hayes Mansion
#3 of 75 in San Jose

Been to Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown

Address: 282 Almaden Blvd, San Jose, CA 95113-2003
Region: United States > California > San Jose
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
#15 Business Hotel in San Jose
Price Range: £125 - £302 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown 3.5*
In the heart of Downtown San Jose, Hyatt Place is your choice for uncomplicated travel. A short walk to craft beer and hip dining destinations with our own dining and beverage options available 24/7. Delicious free breakfast with ever stay! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Crowne Plaza San Jose