“Sleepless in San Jose”

Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
United States
“Sleepless in San Jose”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Worst night's sleep at any hotel ever...planes, trains and autos...even earplugs didn't help as we shook from vibrations. Try to have an important meeting after that night. Graffiti etched in door of metal elevator. Stay away!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Stephen S, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience while a guest here at the Hyatt Place. Please know that we have had the graffiti removed from the elevator and we are working on a solution to fix the few rooms that have noise issues. We look forward to the opportunity of having you back and please contact me directly if there is anything I can do to assist. Have a wonderful day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Being a Hyatt Platinum member, I've booked 2 rooms for me & my family using my Hyatt Gold Passport points without a problem. We were nicely welcomed by the hotel staff at front desk. He gave us 2 rooms on the highest floor. The rooms were very nice & spacious. I like the free breakfast every morning. The food choice wasn't exhaustive but correct. Like other members have reviewed it here, my only grip was the $22 charged per day parking. I know we're in downtown but Hyatt could make an effort on this. Overall I would recommend this hotel over the Hilton nearby. The Hyatt hotel is clean, spacious & cozy. And you get free breakfast! My only disappointment is San Jose Downtown day & nightlife activity is so dead!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Fresno, California
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Was a last minute trip (less than 24 hour notice) we arrived at 5pm on a Friday night, the hotel staff was awesome and gave us a warm welcome and made us feel like we were in a Grand Hyatt five star hotel from the minute we stepped through the door till we checked out the next day. One in our party had never been to a Hyatt place hotel and the property knocked his socks off. When we entered the rooms we were impressed with the cleanliness, quiet, and how nice and comfortable the furnishings were, the bathroom has a walk in shower that was impressive (I want one in my house!), the bed was very comfortable, the in room coffee was gourmet and very nice to wake up to. The next morning we went down to the AM Skillet kitchen for complimentary hot breakfast which was very good and had a lot of staff working hard to make sure that they didn't run out of hot fresh food choices. The business center was nice but there were rude parents letting their very small children hog the computers just playing around doing nothing after 20 minutes I finally said something to the father who was playing word with friends on his phone and not watching his kids...he made some rude comment and then took his kids outside cursing all the way (I don't think he was a guest). All in all I recommend this hotel if you have not experienced a Hyatt Place as the staff is what makes the Hyatt Place Hotel experience fantastic.

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet and have excellent sound insulation considering that you are on the landing path...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Davis, California
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Hector Banales provided first-rate assistance and guidance. We were experiencing family health issues and were quite distracted, confusing our reservation with that for another Hyatt property. Hector quickly, quietly, and efficiently made an alternate reservation for us, with no last-minute cancellation charge, and cheerfully helped us on our way. Great guy!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Hotel was clean and quiet. It is located close to the convention center, so it is perfect if you are attending a conference. In addition, breakfast was included, which was very convenient. I didn't have time to check the spa or the pool, so I cannot comment on that. It is not the best, buy for the price, I think it is a great option

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Israel
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the Hyatt Place during Oct 20-26.
During the stay I was needed for a medical help due to dehydration following a long distance flight from TLV.
From the hotel crew, a lady named Christin and several others, assisted me where needed.

I'd give it 4 stars and not 5 just because a bad Wifi connection provided complimentary by the hotel, but was counting on.

• Stayed October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 October 2013

As a frequent Hyatt user, I loved the complimentary night on them using my loyalty points. Room was in tip top shape, service and staff were great, breakfast was awesome - only gripe on that was the paper plates and plastic knife and forks come on we are adults.

The main gripe though was $22 for parking, I mean come on... A little pricey for parking. I would of also thought for Platinum and Diamond Members this would of been free, you might want to check that out.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo