“Terrific Service”

Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Our overall visit was great. Unfortunately during our stay we experienced a vehicle break in while our car was in the nearby parking structure. The staff at the Hyatt went out of their way to reduce the impact of this event. While there was little they could do to make us whole again, they were very helpful. We have always had a nice stay at this location and we will be back. Thank you to Justin and the rest of his team for all of his help!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I fly for a living for a magor airline and stay here often. I am going to limit this review to one single issue- the fitness center. I like to work out on my layovers and find myself very frustrated every time I attempt to complete my usual routine. Although they DO have both cardio and free weights, the hotel DOES NOT HAVE floor mats (for stretching and ab work) or fitness balls for the same use. Almost every time I talk to someone at the front desk, write a comment card and get general aggreement from employees and managers but NOTHING IS EVER DONE!! This is a shame since the hotel offers so many other nice ammenities. They really stopped short in the fitness center and don't seem to take seriously those of us who care about our health.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jan M
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This hotel was perfect for our quick stay in San Jose before moving on to San Francisco. It's located in the heart of downtown. Easy walk to the SAP center, Tech Museum (around the block) and other points of interest. Front desk staff was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Hyatt is good place to stay , Staff are very prompt and cooperative , Free breakfast which is the crowd pulling advantage which gives Hyatt an edge to other hotels in downtown , Rooms are very neat and clean and very spacious , one can get a goo00000d sleep .Hotel also has starbucks products at the lobby which is good . Free Wifi . Place is in downtown so anything you want is easily available within 15 mins walk , next is the convention center . Very Good place to stay .

Room Tip: Take the Third floor rooms they are very quiet and dont take backside rooms coz there is tram runnin...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed in this wonderful hotel for 5 days during a business trip. It was the best experience I have ever had with hotels around the world. I received a service of 10 star hotel (if there ever would be one with 10 stars, this hotel is definitely the one).

The are certainly more luxurious hotels I have visited than Hyatt, but the service of the staff is what makes this hotel my favorite among all others. It could have been great with a pool in the hotel and maybe a little bit more fruits for the breakfast, but the presence and the level of attention is unique here.

I actually wrote a thank you note to the hotel manager when I returned home.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Out of the Hyatt chain; this is a fair hotel. If you are on the lower floors you can hear the amusement close by. The upper floors are quite most of the time. An occasional aircraft will fly by. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They do not have room service; however you can call a order in (for food etc) and pick up in the lobby.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed here one night in October due to activities over at the convention center, a block away. It was convenient for not only that, but there is a Scott's Seafood and a Morton's within a block or two, and the San Jose Museum (and Fairmont Hotel) was about a five minute walk away.

I found the facilities in fine condition, despite what others have wrote on this board. My room was very clean and not worn at all, but perhaps I got a nicer room because I belong to the Hyatt guest membership program, i don't know.

Anyway, we arrived a bit early, like 2 pm, and were able to check in early. As others have mentioned, I was surprised by the parking fee, unusual at Hyatt Places, but I suppose it is what it is. Breakfast was fine, with its usual selections including warm muffin sandwiches.

If you needed to take the train anyway, there is a station right outside the hotel.

Front desk staff was very professional and courteous, and accommodated my later check-out request. All-in-all, a very good stay at a very nice, convenient facility. I would definitely recommend to my colleagues and would return if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Stephen S, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to having you back soon!