“Creaky bed!”

Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Sydney, Australia
“Creaky bed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We spent four nights at Hyatt Place- well positioned hotel with friendly staff. Parking is easy, with the lot just across from the lobby. Starbucks coffee ($) was great, though it was not part of the free breakfast buffet. However, it is the first time we've ever slept on a creaky hotel bed. The airconditioning is an old wall-mounted monster-of-a-unit which takes a bit of fiddling to get the right temperature going. Bathroom amenities were minimal. Although accomodation here is more affordable than others in the area, we won't be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LooseFruit
Stephen S, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for the nice comments regarding our staff! I apologize if you had a hard time sleeping due to the bed. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to discuss in more detail. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I must say I LOVE this hotel even though it was for one night's stay. VERY comfortable bed, comfortable couch/living space area, bathroom was very well maintained and one of the very FEW hotels that offer breakfast at 6:00 am compared to other hotels at 6:30 am. Just be prepared for the $22.00 parking fee every night of your stay. I'd say its worth it for all amenities that the hotel offers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
california
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I guess there are two ways to look at this place … if you are accustomed to Holiday Inn then you will be impressed and happy. If you are accustomed to Hyatt Place then you will be disappointed. I'm a frequent guest at Hyatt Place across the country and will not return to this location.

The bathroom fan has a mind of it's own and was extremely loud when on, which was most of the time. The air condition unit is the old wall mounted type that is too loud to leave on while trying to sleep. The television is large and excellent quality, typical of Hyatt Place, but business travelers will be disappointed with lack of electrical outlets at the work desk (only 2 at the lamp base with one used by the coffee maker). The free internet was frustrating and I ended up needing the hotspot feature on my cell phone. Location is great and staff was nice but I just can't see myself coming back.

I look for Hyatt Place when visiting new towns knowing I can expect a consistent room layout and quality. This place is not worthy of that standard.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Every single staff member truly cared about your stay and went above and beyond. I can't imagine how great it would be if all hotel staff employees had the amazing attitudes these people do!! Nice value for the business traveler. Neat concept hotel much like a Hilton Garden Inn only in a Hyatt property. Great stay!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband made the reservation online on Hotels.com (great price), we arrived at 4:30pm Friday, parked in the hotel's parking garage ($22/day) and received very friendly customer service when checking in. Our room had a large, super comfortable queen-sized bed and large screen TV, an L-shaped couch with upholstered ottoman and reading lamp and nicely appointed bathroom (no tube but very nicely tiled large shower). It was clean, contemporary and comfortable. I worked out Saturday morning at the hotel's gym (2 ellipticals, 3 tread mills, 2 bikes, rack of hand weights, towels, water and head sets for the machines' tv sets) and before checking out my husband and I ate the complimentary breakfast. It was served in the hotel's bar/restaurant area and was impressively large array of food - different types of yogurt with fresh fruit, dried fruit and granola toppings, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, pre-made breakfast sandwiches, muffins, different types of bread with a high-end commercial toaster rotating, 3 types of coffee and a half dozen types of tea and 4 types of juice available. The wait staff on hand cleared dishes and asked if the food was good. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Stephen S, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our service. We look forward to having you back soon and thank you for taking the time to write this review!
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff was courteous and very friendly. The lobby area looks pretty new but the rooms appear to be somewhat dated. The air vents in my room had layers of dust on it. I also was not fond of the $22 they charge for parking, it's not even valet! Next time I think I will stay at the Hilton across the street which I had previously stayed at and found better.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate your feedback and always look for ways to improve. We are sorry to hear about the dust on the vent and please know that it will be addressed. We are in the process of upgrading some of our furniture in the guest room and we would like the opportunity to have you back once complete. Please feel free to call me directly when you come back to the San Jose area. Thank you for your response!
Gatineau
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I've stayed at all the main downtown San Jose hotels and this is one of my favorites. It is not as grandiose as some of the others but you can't beat the value: free breakfast (pretty good), free wifi, large, comfortable rooms, mini fridge, work desk, sectional couch, great beds. Its right in the core downtown area so walking distance to restaurants, SAP center, San Pedro square. Bus and light rail stop right at the hotel.The front desk service is outstanding - they are always very helpful and say "hi" every time you walk in. They don't have room service but you can pick up appetizers, salads, pizzas in the lobby bar area for a very reasonable price. The exercise room is adequate. My only complaint is that the wifi can be flaky at times (but it seems to have improved in the past few weeks).

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy.