“Favorite Hotel in Downtown San Jose”

Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I'm usually in San Jose for a business trip and we always stay at the Hyatt Place Downtown. The rooms are very spacious and clean. There is complimentary WiFi and hot breakfast. The breakfast is one of the best I've had - always fresh hot food that is constantly being replenished. The hotel itself is right across the tram system they have that can take you to different parts of the city. The staff are very friendly and do their best to accommodate your every need. The only down side is that there is no swimming pool but other than that I'll always be staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Stephen S, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your review and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We try very hard to provide a great product with great customer service. Thank you for your loyalty to the Hyatt Place San Jose and please contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you on your next visit!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Nick at the front desk was very nice. Room door was open upon arrival with a gap large nigh to feel like a slight push would let anyone into the room. Dusty, fingerprints on glass, pieces of plastic wrappings left behind from previous occupant. 3rd floor is just above the train and you think planes landing at SJC will take the roof off. Maybe this explains why every lampshade is crooked. Will never stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014

I am sorry to hear that your stay was anything but enjoyable. Please know that we will address your comments with our staff and correct them going forward. I am happy to tell you that we will be getting new sound proof windows soon to help with noise issues you experienced. I hope you give us another opportunity and please feel free to contact me directly if you need anything!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel from 9-14 june 2014. My experience was mixed.

Good bits:
- very friendly and helpful staff; always smiling and willing to answer questions, give directions.
- excellent location for the convention centre, just cross the road and its there. about 2-3 blocks from Safeway, some restaurants etc. in downtown. about 3-4 miles from airport.
- the room had a "cozy corner" with a nice seating area separated by a small screen from the bed. this was a nice touch
- pull out desk on wheels for working- very convenient

Poor bits:
- wifi speed was poor and connectivity not great, so browsing and Skype etc. were not easy
- the breakfast Tue-Fri did not change at all and was not inspiring at all. Sat and Sun saw different menus, why could they not do the same for weekdays?
- on sun (the hotel was full) we had paper plates and plastic cutlery. I didn't like that at all, why drop the level of service because you are full up?
- due to a drought in california, the hotel was offering $5 per day of the stay for not using room service. i am perfectly willing to not change my towels every day to prevent water wastage, what i didn't like and understand was this: why can't housekeeping take out the trash, make up the bed and vacuum, without changing the towels? Why only a $5 rebate when the room rent is about $150!
- the shower was fixed and not hand held. so you have to endure a couple of minutes of cold water spray before the warm water jet hits

1  Thank arti605

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on our hotel. We appreciate the kind words and please know that we are always trying to improve and your comments do help. We hope to have you back soon and thank you for choosing Hyatt Place.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very modern with a beautiful decor. The rooms are well appointed but lack warmth.

I had breakfast at one of their restaurants choosing their buffet offerings. The breakfast was part of the room fee. The selection was well worth it, lots of fresh fruit, among many other items. Service was good too.

Overall, great stay at the Hyatt.

• Stayed: June 2014
Stephen S, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and we hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at Hyatt which is close to everything in Downtown San Jose. The lobby (they call it "gallery") is nicely decorated, and the room is wonderful. The complimentary breakfast has good variety and high quality.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Stephen S, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and we look forward to having you back soon. Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place San Jose Downtown!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I liked my stay here. The staff was very helpful specially the front desk. The room was okay. I always ask for a room near the elevators because the hallways in this hotels could be very long and I usually travel with a lot of bags. The breakfast buffet spread in the morning could be better. Then again, maybe I was spoiled by the Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the 9th floor and near the elevator please
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Stephen S, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your comments as we are always looking for ways to improve. I am happy to inform you that we will be upgrading our rooms this summer. We look forward to having you back soon so you can experience the new look!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We don't have any real complaints. For us, this was the perfect location, the room was inexpensive and clean, if but a bit small. The breakfast is great for the value, had some issues with cold food, but that is what I suppose the microwave is for in the breakfast area... The staff was friendly. Mustafa (I think that is his name) at the bar goes above and beyond to help guests out and deserves some kudos (nice work! Do you ever leave?). $22 for parking is a bit steep for a non-secured parking garage.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Stephen S, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay and I will make sure to pass this along to Moustafa. We look forward to having you back soon!