“Quietest Room I Ever Had!”

Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Philadelphia
“Quietest Room I Ever Had!”
Reviewed 2 February 2010

I actually want to THANK Crowne Plaza Downtown San Jose for actually giving me a quiet room. I requested a very quiet room and no feather pillows and actually to my surprise both requests were honored when I arrived at the hotel and I didn't have to ask twice. It was so quiet I almost thought I was the only person on the floor. They also left a nice little gift of earplugs and an eye mask in the room for me, which I didn't even need to use. Also, room service was super fast, the food was incredible and the staff helpful and friendly. The conference I attended was around the corner at the Marriott and the rooms were not as nice and much more expensive. I highly recommend the Crowne Plaza Downtown San Jose.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank curlysuePhiladelphia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tennessee
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Sometimes the bathroom looked like it had barely been touched and can guarantee you that the glasses you touch have NOT been properly cleaned and sanitized as I came in one day and found one I used in the sink - full of what appeared to be soapy (bar soap off my sink) water. At that point, I saw the paper cover laying there, put a smidge of eye shadow on he back side and threw it in the garbage can.....low and behold, the next day was right back in service again. The rest of my stay I used paper cups. Most of the time, the coffee maker was also not serviced. Doubt I would stay again, cannot even get free internet access in your room. But the breakfast buffet was good.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Noida
Reviewed 23 January 2010

I loved my stay there because of the proximity with my business place. Apart from the location I liked ambience and enjoyed my evening drinks. Morning breakfast were awsome. Overall It was a wonderful stay there.

• Liked — view from my room window
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cheshire, England
Reviewed 10 November 2009

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza San Jose with my wife for 2 nights in October 2009. This hotel is obviously a business hotel which offers cheaper rates at weekends (which I took).
The hotel itself is OK, the rooms clean and the staff reasonably friendly. It is on the flight path for the main airport, but having said that, we were not bother at all by aircraft noise, although during our stay they were landing over the hotel. The noise may be worse if the aircraft are taking off over the hotel.
Be carefull what is included in your rate. My rate included car parking (normally $19/night). On check in they tried to charge me for this until I pointed out it was included (take a copy of your rate inclusions with you!)
The brakfast was not that good for saying it is a large business hotel. The dining room is dismal and the food only just adequate. Complimentary breakfast was included in my rate of $89/night.
The hotel is very central with lots of restaurants within safe walking distance.
On check out they tried to overcharge me by $91 saying the computer system had done it, so check your bill carefuly!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed 2 November 2009

I traveled to San Jose for an IT conference in mid-October. We received a special rate for the convention. The hotel is very nice. The decor is very unusual and reminds me of the 70s. Not my taste but clean and new. Nothing that I would mark them down for still others may find it a little too much.

The rooms where nice and big. The bed was confortable and the AC/Heat system worked just fine. Show worked well and the bathroom was very clean. Another thing was the room I was in was quiet. I did not hear any traffic noise or room noise. There is a communter train that goes by on the one side which I was on. I did not hear the train at night. During the day yes but that didn't bother me.

The staff was friendly and helpful. They have internet in the rooms but it costs. Parking is expensive as well if you need to park a car.

There is a restaurant and bar on site along with an exercise room. They have a map of the area with all the restaurants and there are plenty around within walking distance. You are a half block from the convention center so it is a good choice if you need to go there for an event or conference. In addition, you are 10 minutes from a mall and 10 minutes from the San Jose Airport.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 September 2009

I came to the crown Plaza to attend the Pink conert at the HP pavillion. The concert was great! This hotel was very modern, which I liked. The staff was very nice and accomadating. I didnt have a fridge in the room and they quickly came up to the room with one! Very cool! I didnt really care for the adjoining door but that was my only complaint!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed 24 August 2009

After doing extensive searching online for a great value in a nice hotel within the heart of San Jose, incuding reading lots of reviews and taking virtual tours on hotel websites, we chose the Crowne Plaza. During our say we experienced such warmth and care from the staff, from the managers to the bellmen and the housekeeping staff :) As an artist/designer I have a critical eye for aesthetics and details and loved the interior design throughout the hotel, the views from our 6th floor room, and everything was always kept so fresh and clean! Very comfortable beds & chairs in the room, and a great shower with plenty of hot water. We had wanted to have a pool and jacuzzi to enjoy during our stay, which the Crowne Plaza doesn't have, but they happily made arrangements for us to use the pool at the Hilton across the street. The hotel is close to everything downtown, great for walking, eating, entertainment, museums, shopping, etc. Our only "issue" was that when they brought us chocolate and water bottles in the afternoon (nice touch!) was that they only brought one square of chocolate and two waters when there were 3 of us staying in the room! Crisis averted... we simply asked the housekeeper for a few more :) The customer service was outstanding during our entire stay and we will definitely go back and stay there again next time we are in that area visiting our daughter at SJSU.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family