“Excellent Staff”

Ranked #53 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Austin, Texas
“Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Hello I stayed here a week and extended for another. The staff was extremely professional and a joy to interact with. Had to interact with the manager Rebecca as well as Riana and Jennifer.. they provided excellent service and were extremely personable and pleasant. Planning on staying here again on my next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Downtown, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Our many thanks for your review of Extended Stay America San Jose. It sounds as if our staff had made you feel right at home. Rebecca, Rianna and Jennifer are definitely an asset to our deep commitment to excellent service each and every guest stay. It makes us proud to know our staff is kind, caring and helpful so that our guests know how important we feel that they are to us. We hope that you will continue to stay with us and that you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to the San Jose area. Thank you again from the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I have been here for six months and want to say how much I appreciate the people who work here. Maryann, Catherine, Henry, Frank, Teresa, Narineh, and Jennifer -- I know I'm leaving out someone: Thanks! You have all be helpful, personable, and quick to solve problems when they come up. They were also patient when there was no problem; I just did not know how to work a panel of switches.

The place seems a little short-staffed, which is no surprise, but everyone still manages to be pleasant and concerned about the guests. They've treated me well.
Thanks again to all.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank S_C_B_2013
We would like to extend our thanks for your kind words about our staff at Extended Stay America San Jose. It is very rewarding to hear that our staff makes you feel at home when you stay with us. Given our companies commitment to excellence this comes as no surprise we pride ourselves on providing fresh and comfortable accommodations coupled with outstanding service each and every stay. We will be sure to pass on your thanks as well as ours to the entire staff for a job well done. We thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again. With our thanks the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose.
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This place is a very to stay. From the time you walk in the door tell you leave, the people all ways are helpful. But after today and what I have found out about this company as a whole. I will never stay with them again!!
I travel very other week, and started staying with extended Stay America over a year ago. The employees are all ways about the guest and that is what I like about them. But what i found today was, that this company does not care about there employees or there customers. How can you care about your customers and not your employees? This company has now cut 80% of there employees hours to 24-28 hours a week. And expecting there hotel managers to work 16-20 hours a day to make sure the guest are happy. Because of this I will never stay at a Extended Stay America again! I will pay more money at a different hotel that knows how to treat there employees! At least then I know in return that the employees with treat me right.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Steve Z
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Downtown, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
I would like to thank you for your recent account of your stay at Extended Stay America Downtown. I am happy to hear that you think we have great staff because we have to agree. We strive to provide excellent customer service to each guest, each stay. I am happy to respond as well to your concerns about our staffing. I assure you that Extended Stay Hotels thinks very highly of our staff and managers and we do our best to provide a professional, energetic ,positive environment for all our team members whether management or staff. I am very sorry if you were given any information to indicate otherwise. We truly believe that the backbone of all our hotels begins with great Managers and staff and we believe we have the best of both. We hope that you will re-consider staying with us so that you can continue to enjoy the great service we will provide stay after stay. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose Downtown.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 11 February 2013

As soon as I entered into the hotel, my room check-in process was started and my room was ready. Excellent customer service and room maintenance. Also there is a free breakfast and coffee is available.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and nice to stay..
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kishore G
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Downtown, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Thank you for your review of Extended Stay America Downtown San Jose. I am so happy to hear that your check in process went quickly and that you enjoyed our newly refreshed guest rooms and our Grab and Go breakfast offerings. We are totally committed to ensuring our guests satisfaction from the moment you make a reservation to the moment you depart our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in this forum for the entire travel world to see. With our thanks the Management at Extended Stay America Downtown San Jose.
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I would not ever stay here again the room was dirty. The sheets and pillow cases were never change from the previous guest there was hair on the sheets and the pillow cases had makeup stains. That wasnt the worst part this hotel has Roaches! I found two crawling around my room one on the wall and one on my nightstand.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Unis1991
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Downtown, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
We appreciate you providing feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your visit. The staff and I work hard to provide clean and comfortable surroundings for all of our guests to enjoy, which it sounds like we were not able to do for you.

With your comments in hand, I have spoken with all of the staff members and reviewed our companies cleanliness standards. As well, we have updated our procedures to ensure a situation like yours does not happen again.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in order to show you our redoubled efforts. Please contact us directly and we will be happy to assist you with making a reservation.
Reviewed 24 January 2013

No breakfast. Maid used to come but never cleaned the garbage neither understood english. Reception was unfriendly and didn't know the address of the hotel itself, which once resulted me in running around N1st street to find the neighbourhood. It was so bad I felt like I owed them my existence for staying in the hotel. Will never put my foot again in the building. Ruined my experience of whole San Jose place . Also, there is only one 7 eleven near by and a dennys, so when hungry you are going to be in a tough situation. Did I tell you that they don't serve any food beside some cookies?

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank anupamsr
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Downtown, responded to this review, 26 January 2013
We would like to thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Jose Downtown. I am so sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. It sounds as if we did not communicate our weekly housekeeping schedule with you at check in. For that I am truly sorry. I am also disheartened to hear that the front desk staff was less than helpful. I assure you that we will meet with each one of our staff members to ensure a situation like this does not occur again in the future. Please accept my sincerest apologies that we did not meet the mark for your stay, I would be happy to discuss this further with you at any time. Please don’t hesitate to call the hotel and ask for a member of our Management team. With hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose Downtown.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Please make sure to check your bill after paying the amount as its possible they might have overcharged on your card without your knowledge. And they will say it might be computer issue. Location is average. You will hear train noise all the way.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Downtown, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
We would like to thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Jose Downtown. I am dis-heartened to hear that your bill may not have been correct when you departed our hotel. We definitely make every effort to ensure billing accuracy for our guests each and every stay. I am very sorry that this was an issue for you. I am also so sorry to hear that the train was a bit noisy during your stay. We make every effort to be sure each stay for our guests is worry free and pleasant. I do hope that you will give us another chance to win your loyalty. We would love to have you back as our guest at any of our over 680 locations nationwide. With Hospitality, The Management at Extended Stay America San Jose Downtown.