Extended Stay America - San Jose - Downtown
  • Breakfast included
US$481
US$458
  • Breakfast included
Hampton Inn & Suites San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$175
US$390
Courtyard
US$254
US$246
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$164
Dolce Hayes Mansion(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$172
US$376
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
San Jose Marriott(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$561
US$535
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfor long term staysmanager ravigated parking lotgeneral managerlaundry roomclean roomslight railnear airportbusiness tripgreat customer serviceexcellent stayjulietkitchenettemaintenance
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My stay was ok (I was supposed to have a king bed but got a queen). However I left a flat iron and makeup in my room ($150 value). I placed numerous calls to the hotel and then manager and NEVER got a call back (I stayed there a week and a half ago). I emailed the corporate office and never heard back. This is the worst customer service I have EVER received at a hotel. This hotel and the corporate office obviously must be okay with their staff stealing from their customers. I will never stay at an Extended Stay again!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This was my first stay in "Extended Stay". So was surprised to know that they have housecleaning only once in seven days. There were not much bells and whistles like drinking water, body lotion etc. There was a mini kitchenette but for my stay there was no purpose of actually using it. The bed was not comfortable enough. The feather-barbs were coming out of the pillows. The breakfast was nothing fancy but few muffins and bars... The lights beside the bed were risky as the light bulb was almost coming off, posing a risk.
However the front desk guy was really friendly and nice. As a whole this hotel wont be in my top list when next time I would travel to San Jose.

Room Tip: Try to get the topmost floor as the rest were noisy
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Like I said, really good, but not great; there were a few areas where some improvements would be nice, but for the money, what more could I really reasonably expect?

Plusses: room is really clean and comfortable, having a kitchen is convenient, and the laundry facility is really unbeatable.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 28 January 2014

As usual I find the other reviews and their reviewers pure comedy! So we had a cheer competition at the convention center and we were in between performances, we were dog tired and it was only noon! So daughter and I decided to take a ride over to the hotel which we had booked last minute on Priceline.com so we were unfamiliar with this particular hotel and the area in general... When we arrived we immediately were happy with the exterior, it was tidy and just as pictured on the website! Which was great because had we not been able to check in early, I was prepared to spend some quality time in their parking lot napping in my car! I knew it was a long shot but I decided to take a chance and see if it was possible to check in early...

When we walked in we were immediately greeted by very friendly young lady named Kayla who was very helpful, she also voiced it may be a long shot but her manager(I believe it was the manager) came out and very graciously allowed us to not only check in early but probably due to their available rooms gave us an upgrade to a better room! That alone to me proved that they had excellent customer service and went above and beyond to accommodate us and I will forever be grateful! I may even owe my daughter's first place medal to this staff because had they not let us check in early my daughter wouldn't have been able to take a 3 hour nap and be rested!

And as we were about to walk to our rooms, Kayla offered us complimentary items from the complimentary basket which also was a lifesaver since we both left our toothbrushes at home! And my daughter got some microwave popcorn, which she was thrilled about because sometimes it is these little things that make such a difference!

The room was PERFECT! Big enough for my girl to do handstands in(which is a requirement!)and it was clean and comfortable and had everything we needed! The free wi-fi was good enough for us! We brought canned foods and bread to make toast because we were traveling on a budget so the kitchenette was perfect for us! The ONLY complaint I had was that whoever was upstairs from us obviously doesn't sleep much and stomped around all night but that isn't the hotel's fault and we were only staying one night. I wasn't going to get much sleep anyways being nervous about the competition and my girl can sleep through anything so no worries!

Breakfast was fine, it was just what they said it was, no false advertising there! The coffee woke me up and muffins, fruit, oatmeal and granola bars were more than enough for our nervous stomachs! I was sorry to leave and not be able to enjoy the room longer! It's always disappointing to go on Trip Advisor and read these negative reviews, I don't know what these people are used to but for the below average price you get an above average room!

Thank you Extended Stay San Jose Downtown! We dedicated our 1st place National Champ win to you!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed , Given the fact that I paid 92$ per night is worthless becuase the room was not neat , bathrrom was stingy , sink was not clean. There was not even a glass to drink water or a water bottle. When I did the reservation it said it included breakfast and when I saw it only had coffe/tea , muffins - do you call it as breakfast? I am totally disappointed with this hotel. I've been to many Extended stay America hotels in different areas but this one made me decide not to stay at Extended stay america any more!

I regret staying at this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business