“Will work - if you're desperate...”

Motel 6 San Jose South
Ranked #59 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Fort Worth, TX
“Will work - if you're desperate...”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Checked into hotel with no issues, front desk staff was courteous. The non-smoking room was pretty shoddy and old looking and smelled like smoke but was just looking for a hot shower and bed. Went to take a shower and got only 3 minutes of hot water. The front desk staff was able to move us to a nicer smelling room with hot water.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Colusa, California
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I've stayed at this Motel 6 quite a few times while in San Jose and I've never had a problem with it! The staff have always been plesant and helpful no matter what time of day or night I have arrived. It doesn't seem to be the greatest of areas, but they do have security guards and as a single lady, I've never felt like I was in danger. The rooms are nice, clean and the beds have always been comfy. The bathrooms have 2 towels, 1 hand towel, 1 wash cloth and 1 bar of soap. If you need more than that, I'm sure they would be happy to accomodate. I've always been satisfied with the tv programming offered and the wifi worked well the one time I paid to have it. Overall this place is great! I plan on staying here over and over in the future!

One last thing that I only noticed the last time I stayed. Apparently there is a loud speaker over which they will tell people to get out of the pool. I stayed in a room on the back side of the office, near the pool, and when I heard the noise I was a bit nervous. Once I realized what it was, I was fine. In that area, I don't blame the desk staff one bit for not wanting to go confront pool patrons at midnight. This could definitely bother some people, so just a warning.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Carolyn W
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I needed a place to stay for a few weeks while apartment hunting. The young lady at the front desk was friendly and courteous. I got a room key and proceeded to my room. Before I could even make it there, an Indian man appeared out of nowhere obviously coming from a different route. He proceeded to watch me and my 2 teens unpack our car. I returned to the office to see him leering in the back office. I Related the story to the clerk and said im not here from Craigslist, i dont appreciate the stalker and i wanted a refund. She stated he was the manager and could not refund my money. The maids were nice. Weekends are very noisy and the smell of smoke was horrible. Saw some pimps and hookers. I know if I wasnt a Black woman this racist manager wouldnt have spied on me!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Luvvin

Travellers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 14 December 2010

You just wouldn't expect a Motel 6 to be such a good experience, but the value is hard to beat!!! I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Alexontwowheels
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 June 2010

We stayed for two nights - did not think this was the "safest area" to stay, but affordable. Felt safer as we watched Security calmly eject a bunch of rowdy drunks, then escort a happy but clearly drunk person to his room for the night. The officer did not hesitate to help when we asked if he would escort us to our room. Security is around until 4:00am - makes it safer for the weary traveler. The room on the other hand was subpar even for a motel 6. Musty stale smelling room, old shoddy furniture, and the bedspreads make you wonder how often they are really washed. Would recommend party, drunk folks stay away - this is not the place to party, drink, and do drugs (GOOD!!!). Security is great!!! Not sure I would really recommend for business travelers unless you are just passing thorugh and on a tight budget - cleaner motels exist.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Ellensburg, Washington
Reviewed 26 May 2008

Busy little hotel - lots of young adults and truckers. Not too noisy and decent room. Laundry room was close and in working order. We just stopped for the night along the way (unplanned) which was decent enough but we probably would not seek the hotel out if that was our destination. Staff was courteous.

• Liked — location to Winchester House
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MsCurlyboop
London, England
Reviewed 16 July 2004

We felt very unsafe in this hotel. Added to that the room absolutely stunk, it was awful.

We have stayed at other Motel 6 places and found them to be good, but this was unbelievable. We hardly slept, and left very early the following day.

2 Thank TravellingFamilyUK