“Dont Do It”

Motel 6 San Jose South
Ranked #61 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Where to start? Number 1 I am convinced that any nice review is a fraud. I am currently in a room. I wish I would have forked out 30 more bucks and stayed down the street. If you don't have the money to do that sleep in your car! Not a joke or exaggeration. I am in town for doctors appointments. After a five hour drive I was disappointed with the room but decided to light a candle to kill the smell instead of change hotels. Bad choice. So decided a hot shower would be nice. Seriously never heard of a hotel running out of hot water at night in 5 minutes. Ok forgot to say first off this hotel is between the social security office and a apartment complex! Upon arrival there was a woman screaming and cursing and I thought fighting someone in her complex. No joke. It is a Wednesday night and this hotel is still loud and partying at 11pm. I have to keep checking my car I am afraid it is gonna get broke into. A gangster guy came and knocked on our door. Ok I am not some easily spooked woman. I am 31 and from a diverse background and this place is even too much for me. I desperately want my money back but am literally uneasy about going outside now and don't wanna call the front desk and make a scene. I will never ever do motel 6 again.it has gone way down hill. I can honestly say this is the worst hotel I have stayed in in 7 years. I am so discouraged as I have a medical test in the morning and can not even rest and am afraid of waking up to no car. Please motel 6 take your name from these kinds of places and at least get back a rep of being clean, cheap and SAFE!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Johnny N Bernic... E

Reviewed 8 January 2013

What kind of motel that doesn't have blow dryers??? I travel a lot, been to many crappy motels and hotels but never ever seen a motel that doesnt carry hair blow dryers. This is a big con for me since i'm a woman with long hair. I was so certain all hotels have hair dryers so i didn't bring my own. Also, front desk clerk wasn't very friendly, i don't remember her name but she had a very obnoxious and pissed off look.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I've been up all night killing bed bugs (would've left but bf is staring new job in the morning & we're from a different area). I cannot believe there aren't more reviews about this problem!! I'm horrified. If you need more reasons as to why you should never stay here: NO hot water!; the room heater does not work (believe it or not, in mid-July it is a cold, cold night) so I called the front desk and they said there's nothing they can do about it (it's central supposedly - why is there a thermostat in the room then??), they didn't even offer an extra blanket; no amenities whatsoever, not even kleenex or crappy shampoo/conditioner combo, no coffee - nothing!; the area and people are super sketchy and extremely loud ALL night; it's stinky, dingy, gross, and tiny - even the TV is tiny. All this for 80 bucks a night...unbelievable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank melissa m
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Checked into hotel with no issues, front desk staff was courteous. The non-smoking room was pretty shoddy and old looking and smelled like smoke but was just looking for a hot shower and bed. Went to take a shower and got only 3 minutes of hot water. The front desk staff was able to move us to a nicer smelling room with hot water.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I've stayed at this Motel 6 quite a few times while in San Jose and I've never had a problem with it! The staff have always been plesant and helpful no matter what time of day or night I have arrived. It doesn't seem to be the greatest of areas, but they do have security guards and as a single lady, I've never felt like I was in danger. The rooms are nice, clean and the beds have always been comfy. The bathrooms have 2 towels, 1 hand towel, 1 wash cloth and 1 bar of soap. If you need more than that, I'm sure they would be happy to accomodate. I've always been satisfied with the tv programming offered and the wifi worked well the one time I paid to have it. Overall this place is great! I plan on staying here over and over in the future!

One last thing that I only noticed the last time I stayed. Apparently there is a loud speaker over which they will tell people to get out of the pool. I stayed in a room on the back side of the office, near the pool, and when I heard the noise I was a bit nervous. Once I realized what it was, I was fine. In that area, I don't blame the desk staff one bit for not wanting to go confront pool patrons at midnight. This could definitely bother some people, so just a warning.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Carolyn W
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I needed a place to stay for a few weeks while apartment hunting. The young lady at the front desk was friendly and courteous. I got a room key and proceeded to my room. Before I could even make it there, an Indian man appeared out of nowhere obviously coming from a different route. He proceeded to watch me and my 2 teens unpack our car. I returned to the office to see him leering in the back office. I Related the story to the clerk and said im not here from Craigslist, i dont appreciate the stalker and i wanted a refund. She stated he was the manager and could not refund my money. The maids were nice. Weekends are very noisy and the smell of smoke was horrible. Saw some pimps and hookers. I know if I wasnt a Black woman this racist manager wouldnt have spied on me!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Luvvin
Reviewed 14 December 2010

You just wouldn't expect a Motel 6 to be such a good experience, but the value is hard to beat!!! I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo