Motel 6 San Jose South
Ranked #61 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at this property over the weekend

Stayed in the new Motel 6 renovated rooms

Room was very small

Strange layout

Uncomfortable new beds

And expensive for a Motel 6

Wifi an extra $3.00 per night

Spend a couple dollars more and stay at a nicer place

Room Tip: Find one of Motel 6 older rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve D

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Here it is folks
We arrived late Friday night
Tired from the road . Dreaming of getting horizontal the granite beds nearly crippled me the pillows where like sacks of grain (next day)what is absolutely terrible was my 6 yr old daughter meet a little girl about 10 yrs old and wanted to play with her I said okay the little girl came to our room and I had went to grab some food the little girl eye's opened wide when she saw the food I ask her if she was hungry she said yes I gave her a complete meal there was a man who was in charge of her later ti find out it was her mother's pimp who was working the truckers parking lot for the motel this guy was a real piece of crap . I told the motel management they did nothing dispite the screaming and yelling that this guy was causing.I always carry my gun where ever I go glad I had it at this place glass breaking through out the night hookers and pimps running the Isle all night very scary place and then at around 7:30 there was a extremely loud anoucement over the speaker's that sounded like a evacuation order or a prisoner escaped anouncement very very loud scared some older guest the
voice on the speaker was ordering all non guest and people loarding to leave this place is horrible I literally sleep with my gun on my chest and sleep'ed very little because of the rock hard bed and crap that was going on outside my door . If I had to do this again I would sleep in my car before ever going back to this crap hole ever! !!!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Josephbenenati
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The Hubby and I decided to take a spontaneous vacation and drive the coast the week before Thanksgiving. EVERY SINGLE hotel, b&b, and inn was booked from Gilroy to Napa. We "lucked" out with this one.

The security guard checking cars as they come in, the curfew for visitors and the fact that there is no lobby but a walk up check-in put us on high alert. Looked as though this was the crashing station for every day laborer, workman, semi driver and construction worker in the state. The front desk staff were pleasant, knowledgeable and efficient. Only issue is they should be as careful as possible when telling/showing people where their room is on the property map, since other guest are hanging around waiting to get checked in as well.

Despite the amped up security, the room was spotless. Clean and updated. We had a quiet great night's sleep. I would not suggest coming here as a woman alone, but if necessary keep your wits about you and don't hang about advertising that you are alone. This is a place to crash and leave.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Let me say that it's been a looooong time since I've spent the night at a Motel 6 and this recent stay reinforces the reason why Motel 6 is not on my short list of places to stay. It was Veteran's Day and I had to make a reservation for me and my son on a few day's notice. Because of the fact that it was a holiday, many of my go-to hotels were already booked and those that were available, were priced way higher than my budget was willing to handle.

When the reservation was made, I was not informed that the property is currently under renovation. On a high note, it's good that this property is being rennovated, but truthfully, the room we were assigned should not even be on the list of available rooms.

As we drove onto the property, the first red flag was the fact that there was a security officer patrolling the property. We were exhausted, so we let that red flag fly by and checked in. We entered the room and the smell of "old motel room" instantly greeted our noses. The carpet was dirty with several holes that had been patched with mis-matched carpeting; the plastic grille work on the wall air conditioner unit had been shattered, the sheets were extremely threadbare with stains, the bathroom tiles were discolored, the toilet lid was loose, the bath towels were threadbare, there were several unusual stains on the walls and no wall art with only one chair and no Gideon Bible.

We shrugged it off since we were two guys and said, "hey, let's pretend we're camping." Don't get me wrong, camping is fun, but this was not fun. The stairway to the second floor was adjacent to one of our walls and the foot traffic was constant. The occupants in the adjacent room were so annoying as their headboard banged against our wall for 30 minutes on two occasions durng the night. Car horns and alarms honked throughout the night and loud talking people passed our room frequently.

As if that were not enough, we finally were able to get to sleep around 3:00 am, only to be awakened by the sounds of the construction crew who began working at 6:30 am.

I don't care if Motel 6 promises to "... leave a light on for you." I would never choose to stay here or any other of their properties again.

Room Tip: Book a room at the Fontaine Inn next door. It has to be a better experience.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2013

You certainly get what you pay for. This was a decently clean room to stay for a night. No frills, so don't kid yourself. It's still a Motel 6. Part of town what actually not bad.
Main complaint iS noise. I think the walls were literally just paper and paint. We could hear our neighbors all night (with what sounded like 12 loud children). We could hear the traffic from the parking lot, and even from the street a few hundred feet away. If you're a light sleeper, pick somewhere else...

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank kcook970
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have stayed here 2 times now because of work, never again! Its infested with hookers and drugs. We had been woke up at 2 am by loud neighbors called front desk, nothing was done. Room are stained with blood on carpet, people walking around all night long our dog barking thank god to alert us. If you are very desperate stay here if not go down road. I will never stay here again

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 San Jose South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Christine b – The poor cleanliness, service and maintenance conditions you encountered during your recent stay are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We sincerely apologize for your negative experience and encourage you to contact our guest relations department to report your experience so we can serve our guests better in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Where to start? Number 1 I am convinced that any nice review is a fraud. I am currently in a room. I wish I would have forked out 30 more bucks and stayed down the street. If you don't have the money to do that sleep in your car! Not a joke or exaggeration. I am in town for doctors appointments. After a five hour drive I was disappointed with the room but decided to light a candle to kill the smell instead of change hotels. Bad choice. So decided a hot shower would be nice. Seriously never heard of a hotel running out of hot water at night in 5 minutes. Ok forgot to say first off this hotel is between the social security office and a apartment complex! Upon arrival there was a woman screaming and cursing and I thought fighting someone in her complex. No joke. It is a Wednesday night and this hotel is still loud and partying at 11pm. I have to keep checking my car I am afraid it is gonna get broke into. A gangster guy came and knocked on our door. Ok I am not some easily spooked woman. I am 31 and from a diverse background and this place is even too much for me. I desperately want my money back but am literally uneasy about going outside now and don't wanna call the front desk and make a scene. I will never ever do motel 6 again.it has gone way down hill. I can honestly say this is the worst hotel I have stayed in in 7 years. I am so discouraged as I have a medical test in the morning and can not even rest and am afraid of waking up to no car. Please motel 6 take your name from these kinds of places and at least get back a rep of being clean, cheap and SAFE!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business