“Nice Suprise”

Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport
Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Needed a hotel for one night near San Jose Airport. Most are very expensive. Found San Jose Airport Hotel while driving around. I was not impressed with the area, but the hotel was great. On site restaurant had good food and reasonablly priced for the area. Quiet hotel and good price. They also have free transportation to the airport. We dropped off our rental car at the airport the night before and hotel staff arranged for us to be picked up and transported back to the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We got a really good price and direct flight out of San Jose, that is how we found SJAH, i have done the same thing out of Oakland ,not anymore . Going forward we will park,stay and fly out of San Jose and we will utilize SJAH. Facility very clean,safe and easily accessible from freeway .. Pricing was good. We had a few drinks at hotel bar but optioned for a small meal next door and bowling alley diner, . Diner was good not 5star but good.. When we landed ,as the plane taxied in the runway i called and requested shuttle, We were tired from 10 hours of travel but our spirits were lifted by our shuttle driver REX who was proffessional,polite and efficient. SJAH guest services does a good job we will recommend to our friends and we will return . thank you

Room Tip: grab a hotel business card or program phone # of guest services into your phone . makes it very easy...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeff M
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was there for the business travel several weeks, and we booked this hotel. The hotel is only a couple minutes away from the hotel. The location is convenient, and the hotel places are clean. I would recommend to my friends.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We were traveling to Hawaii and found this hotel online so we could utilize the park and fly . My mother developed cancer five years ago, and after her first round of treatments four years ago, we took her to Hawaii, our first time for all of us. Last year, just as she was going into surgery for a mastectomy, I promised her if she pulled through the surgery, we would take her again. SO I needed to find a park and fly for the trip.
Not being familiar with San Jose, we had a little problem finding the hotel, because the name had changed, and we got in late, I had called to let them know we would be coming in late, and the young man I talked to gave us directions and said not to worry.

My review rating is actually based on the staff members we encounter, as, the hotel itself is probably a 3, to 3 1/2. The bed didn't work for me, and the rest of the room was good, but I was tired and nothing stood out as bad. The floor layout to get to our room was odd, but, what are you going to do?
I wish I could remember the lovely lady at the desk when we arrived, and the shuttle driver when we left, because they really did give us good service, but the one that really prompted me to write this review, was the great young man who was our shuttle driver on the trip back. His name was Rex, strapping young man of Samoan descent. He was a jewel the moment he picked us up at the airport. It was a long stressful trip back, my mom had even had a medical emergency in Hawaii and spent time in the hospital. (She has a wheel chair) Rex from the moment he picked us up, was professional, and very courteous, but also so very helpful and , even loving to my elderly mother, that it touched my heart. He handled her with such kindness, he went above and beyond, and I feel this young man deserves a promotion. I wish more people I dealt with were of such a personal caliber. My memories of this hotel are actually totally eclipsed by the service and care we received from this shuttle driver. I hope everyone realizes how important their position is, because of this driver, I love this hotel. To employ someone such as he, says something great about the establishment. Service does matter, no matter what your position. You may not even get paid what you or your service is worth, but you can make such an impact on a persons day and life by the service you give them. I truly wish Rex major success in his life and en devours. No, I have never met him before, and, sadly probably will never see him again. This review purely comes from the difference he made in our day, from just our one encounter.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PrincessShaylee
AndyE803, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you so much for your review and positive comments regarding Rex our shuttle driver. We will absolutely make it a point to recognize him for his efforts. We are very lucky to have a warm, caring and service friendly associate like him on our staff.

We hope your Mom is feeling better after her return and is continuing on the healing path. We greatly appreciate you sharing your wonderful experience and will go out of our way to keep employees like Rex happy and growing within our company.

Take care and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Sebastian C

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great rooms, however, I protest any 3 star hotel like this one that nowadays won't install a latte machine, thus I have to drive off campus to find a Starbuck's or something. The restaurant menu frankly sucks for dinner as the choices are short and not tasty. Did I mention that the rooms are nice?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

We were very sorry to hear that you did not like our menu options and lack of a latte machine. I will share your comments with our Food & Beverage Director. We do take your comments very seriously and will look into options regarding alternatives for our guests that need a boost in the morning. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we were happy to hear that you though the rooms were nice.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel just because I had some work being done on my home. We arrived late got to the room which smelled or oil and cigarettes. The bathroom looked clean until I pulled back the shower curtain which was molded at the bottom and when I started to run the shower the water was a yellow/brown color! I was scared to even get in the shower (I ended up passing on my shower). It was midnight and I just needed some sleep. After pulling my sheets back to go to bed there is a BLOOD stain in the middle of the sheet. I called to the front desk where I got a very nasty and rude woman who answered. Her answer to the solution was "Housekeeping isn't here this late" There was no apology nor was I offered another room. After waiting an hour and a half HOUSEKEEPING brought me new sheets. I left early in the morning and went to the front desk to speak to a manager I was told they do not have a manager coming back until Tuesday and that they do not report to corporate since it's independently owned. After yet another rude staff member I was told I didn't have to stay there. I checked my bank statement and I was charged double for my room and two different rates. Was told that one of the charges and the deposit would be refunded in 3-5 business days! This was one of the worse places to stay and I would never recommend it to ANYONE! I work in the corporate world and I have reached out to the 4 different corporate travel departments and made them aware of my stay and this hotel has been pulled from ours and 3 other companies travel department directory lists. NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Check your sheets before you lay your head down!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
AndyE803, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

I would like to sincerely apologize for all of the issues that you recently encountered during your stay. This is absolutely not acceptable to have had to experience these challenges. After speaking with you last night I personally sat down with our entire housekeeping staff this morning and read them your comments. There just really is no excuse for the items you found in your room and the lack of service you experienced and I do not want to give you any. I just want to let you know that we will work hard to win your business back again.

I will be meeting with our front office staff this afternoon to ensure that the items you mentioned are addressed immediately. I will also personally address the associates that you spoke with to ensure that they understand the importance of listening and taking appropriate action in the future. Thank you for taking the time to speak with our Front Office Manager and myself. You have our commitment that we will make it right.