“Worth the stay!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Glendale, Arizona
“Worth the stay!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our family stayed specifically for business. My husband had a job in the San Jose area and we were officially starting our vacation when he returned...we decided to go with him and start our vaca earlier! This hotel was VERY nice! Staff was attentive, pleasant and helpful! Our only complaint...we stayed from a Sunday night to Thursday morning...we all took showers at different times of the day depending on what we were doing (kids and I by the pool all day =afternoon/early evening showers)...and I can safely say that between all of us and the showering we did...DAILY...I think we got a total of 4 HOT showers the whole time. Not sure what that was all about but...all in all a good hotel.

I think the WIFI was free because of my husbands Hilton Honors level...but not sure

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
SF Bay Area
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very good bed, sheets and pillows (no yucky comforter or pillows that don’t get washed). Muted pleasant décor. Happy w breakfast and coffee. Noise from AC, through walls good, ok through windows (between two freeways) for me, someone who likes quiet. Overall relatively quiet as compared to many hotels. Microwave and mini fridge. Good size room. Slider window opens onto a small step out balcony (love that, but people w small curious kids who will get into everything note) Two separate sink areas. A paper bag that was mistakenly taken as trash was quickly tracked down by housekeeping manager (thank you Elizabeth!) hailed by a housekeepers personal cell phone. With that decided all the staff was lovely. Check in staff very nice, though the hotel did not have rooms ready for check in until 1.5+ hrs after official check in due to larger than normal weekend hord. Hotel has 2 bed rooms. With our group reservation specific rooms were assigned to specific people (don;t know if this is normal or just for group reservations) which was good in that it means one had a better chance of getting the two bed room, if booked.
Nice pool area for those w kids. In this area, hotel parking is generally at an extra cost. In walking distance Sonoma chicken is easily walked to and can handle large crowds, a starbucks, sushi place and bagel place. Not much else walking but convenient to freeways. , This hotel has business facilities/meeting rooms, restaurant in hotel, room service etc. Arrival/departure board for super close airport (oddly I did not hear airplanes) in lobby. Several shuttles on hand to take to airport.
Value perception dependent on cost paid, but I found quite pleasing stay. Will remember for our future stays in San Jose area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
San Rafael, California
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was here on business. The location is convenient. Room serve food and staff were Excellent. The only prob I had was the room. It was facing the highway which was very close. Not a good view and very loud when opening balcony door. Room carpet also smelled a bit musky.

Laguna Hills, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The premises at this hotel were well maintained. The lobby, public areas, and hotel room were spacious, clean and comfortable. Receiving a chocolate chip cookie at check-in and at other times was a nice perk. The on-site restaurants and in-room dining had good food but the menus were somewhat limited.

Monterey, California
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Had a quick stopover in San Jose and stayed here just one night. Arrived 8:00 pm. Took several minutes for valet to acknowledge my arrival. When I told him I needed a bellman, the valet told me to ask at the front desk. (Usually they whisk my luggage away upon arrival. Here: no.) Stayed in line at the front desk due to only one clerk checking us in. She asked if I had a floor preference and replied "no," since it was just a quick stay. She asked is the 2nd floor o.k.? "Sure, why not?" I said. Little did I know, the clerk assigned me to a floor where rooms on one side were converted into meeting rooms, and the other side were guest rooms. No one around. Looked like a hallway to the dungeon. Smelled smokey. Creepy, in fact. Mine was the last room down at the end of the hallway - next door was a hall to a kitchen that had food trays stacked up and a service elevator. WHY WOULD A FRONT DESK CLERK ASSIGN A WOMAN, TRAVELING BY HERSELF, TO SUCH A REMOTE ROOM? I did not feel safe. I enter my room and there's nothing on the walls! No art - nothing! (Look at my photos.) I paid $300+ for this dungeon, with prison-like decorations. Disappointing. On a positive note: the bed linens were clean and the mattress was decent.

Room Tip: Higher floors might be better.
1 Thank AuntyBeeTheTraveler
MLIves, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Auntybeethetraveler,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay. We’re very sorry you were unhappy with your experience at our hotel. We appreciate hearing from you, and we apologize that you were disappointed by the location and decorations in your room. If you travel again to our area, we hope we have the opportunity to make it right and show you how you’ve helped us to improve.

Kind Regards,
Matthew Ives
Director of Front Office
matthew.ives@hilton.com

Travellers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Maryland
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived to check in late and encountered no problems. Room was clean, and the bed was pretty comfortable for a hotel bed. Has several restarants, one of which was closed when I arrived (about 9pm on a weeknight). But, the more posh steak restarant was open, and the more casual one in the center of the lobby was open, and the latter proved to be a nice place to sit, watch TV, and catch up on email and such. Has a nice looking pool on the center. The 5-10 minute shuttle to the airport is complementary, and starts very early. All in all a nice business stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The bathroom had a broken counter top and the door leading to toilet was FILTHY. When I wiped it with a handwipe it came off black. Housekeeping does the basics well but this hotel hasn't been deep cleaned EVER. Smells like many a party (cig smoke and booze) happened in this hotel ... Yhis giant meeting/convention hotel is so big to be overwhelming for anyone not participating in a meeting.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

untrealtime,

We’re sorry we didn’t provide you with the type of room you deserve. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel as your satisfaction is important to us. We will share your review with our housekeeping team thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity to make it right.

Kind Regards,