“The Cookies are worth it!”

DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I could see the hotel from the airport but mapquest sent me out of the way. It is only about 2 blocks after you go under the highway. Parking overnight is high;make sure to check the price before booking. The exercise room and pool are very nice, spa-like. The restaurants in the hotel are probably destination places for people in San Jose as they are grade A. I had to make a trip to the front desk because the soft drink machine on my floor took my money. They gave me my drink but at other Doubletree locations, they offer you a cookie if you go to the desk for any reason. Not here. Also, I had to open the sliding door to get rid of a stale smell in my room. The bed was very comfortable. I like the chain, but the staff was so so here.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose

Reviewed 17 May 2010

We checked in late (about 9:30) the lobby was very busy with 2 conventions a wedding etc.,but the front desk made us feel like we were important too. The hotel was very clean and we enjoyed a nice breakfast in the coffee shop. The price was very competitive for a "two queen bed" room. We would stay there again!!

Reviewed 12 May 2010

Conveniently located practically around the corner from the San Jose airport. My two-queen bed room looked out onto the pool area. I appreciated the fresh linens, quality pillows, thick towels and complementary soap. The exercise facility had treadmills, stair steppers, recumbant bike and other equipment as well. It was exceptional and I essentially had the place to myself. There was a gift shop with reasonably priced items and a semi-casual restaurant where I could watch sports on the TV while eating. The pool area was popular and clean. I received an in-out pass for the self-serve parking which was an additional nightly charge. I received a map and directions from the concierge upon request. Some of the staff, although friendly, at times seemed unable to answer some of my questions or were busy with other hotel guests.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2010

I stayed at the San Jose Doubletree for one night on business due to its proximity to both the airport and one of my meetings (in one of the office buildings across the parking lot). It is an older hotel with older fixtures in the rooms (replace those faucets!), but everything else was fine. I did not even turn on the old TV, so I can't judge that part of the stay, but the AC worked unobtrusively, the Spencer's Steakhouse was great, if expensive, and everybody that I met there was top notch.

A side note: this hotel was very busy. Is Silicon Valley bouncing back?

Reviewed 9 May 2010

Service was wonderful; free airport shuttle; facility is very nice; located close to bus stops and the light rail; room was nice, wish there was a room safe, cookies are wonderful :)

Attended a conference, the meeting rooms were well equipped, free wifi connection in the meeting rooms and lobby area and food service was the best I've ever had at a conference.

Reviewed 7 May 2010

This full service hotel has outstanding conference facilities, several restaurants, and a staff that tries really hard. Unfortunately, the rooms are straight out of the 80s, complete with harvest gold motif, bad yellow wall paper, and small tube TVs. As for food, the breakfast is pretty average and the beer is pretty expensive ($9/). There is a nice steak house on property that will set you back about $100 per person. The rooms are clean, however, and as long as you don't get one on the freeway side, they are quiet. Overall, if you are just looking for an overnight stop on the way to or from the airport, it's not bad. For anything else, I recommend shopping around.

Reviewed 6 May 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel while I attended a class at a nearby company. The clientelle is largely business as the hoitel is located near Mineta airport in the heart of Silicon Valley. My room was nice and clean, although I did have to change rooms after the first nicght as the noise from the 101 freeway kept me awake. The staff were very accomodating of my request to change rooms and I did not have any more noise problems after that.

I did have a problem checking out which I have since found out was caused by an error onthe part of the hotel staff. Our secretary had faxed over credit card authorization to pay for the room, when I went to check out I was told they did not have it. I asked them to double check their files, and again they did not have it. One of our other secretarries was forced to pay with her credit card. It turns out the credit card was actually there. The staff did not look hard enough.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business