“Reasonable place for business stay”

Staybridge Suites San Jose
Ranked #21 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
South Pole
“Reasonable place for business stay”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed for 2 weeks on a business trip. On the plus side, the room was clean, comfortable, reasonably spacious, and the surrounding property reasonably quiet. The free breakfast was better than I expected for an extended stay hotel. The pool seemed nice (although I didn't use it myself). The kitchen was most mostly stocked with needed things. On the negative side, the kitchen did have some issues. For example, the frying pan was quiet bent, meaning you could only could cook in the center 2". I asked for a replacement, but was never able to get one. Also, there was nothing in the kitchen to scrub dirty pots and pans. Another negative was that the laundry room seemed a bit small compared to the number of rooms. People were waiting for washers and dryers to open up. It's probably better to do laundry earlier in the day and avoid the evening rush. Overall, the I would consider staying here again if I had another 2 week visit.

Room Tip: Backside, away from the Bay101 casino.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GMSJCJO, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Hello ReluctantTraveler31,

Thank you so very much for this review. We are all pleased that you took time to share your thoughts and that you plan to return to stay with us upon your next visit. There is no excuse for not having a simple request like a replacement fry pan to be fulfilled. I will investigate the issue. Also, each room should be supplied with a brush for scrubbing the dishes. I will look in to that as well. Please be so kind as to reach out to me prior to your next visit as I would be very pleased to meet you in person.

Charles.julien@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Groveland, California
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We arrived on Saturday after after a long drive. Opening the door to our room we were pleasantly surprised to find a very clean and spacious room. Everything was immaculate. Full kitchen with everything you need to have a great stay. The price was reasonable. We even received a call a bit after we checked in to see if there was anything we needed. The only thing I could say that needed a little attention was the complimentary breakfast. The area was a tad bit small and crowded so we decided to eat in our room. We will be coming back :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Michelle Y,

Our whole team is pleased to hear about your good experience here in San Jose. I am sorry to hear that the breakfast area was overcrowded and hope it wasn’t a big inconvenience. Given your expertise in reviewing we are honored to have you decide we are worth a return trip upon your next visit to the area. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me via email I included below.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I'm currently on business in the bay area, and this place is comparable, probably even better than the Residence Inn (Marriott). The rooms are extremely comfortable and cozy. They have a hot breakfast in the morning which is key and dinner Tuesday-Thursday. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and the parking is free. There's a 24 hour fitness next door, who gave me a complimentary pass to work out for a week.

If you're looking for your own little apt (if on extended travel), this is a great place. Minutes away from SJC and very close to the 101.

Internet may be spotty at times, but otherwise, I highly recommend.

Room Tip: There's not too much traffic around, so noise is not a problem.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hi Alisen J,

Wow! What a great compliment. Your comments are highly appreciated, especially coming from someone like you with such a strong record in reviewing. We are working very closely with our internet provider to keep our service at a level which will prove useful to our guest. We are all excited to have you back here soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This place is wonderful. The beds are comfortable, the suites are spacious, beautiful, quiet, and well appointed, the "neighborhood" not creepy. My family of 5 fits fine. If you are eating out, eat at Sonoma Chicken Coop - weird name but it is great! I have stayed here for both business and leisure.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hike4diamonds
Hi hike4diamonds,

We are so glad to hear you like it here with us in San Jose. As the area grows we are getting better eateries closer to us and Sonoma Chicken Coop is one of the good ones not doubt. It’s also nice that you can bring your doggie bag to the room and keep it in the full size refrigerator to enjoy later. Just pick up a bottle of wine or a beer from our Pantry and charge it to your room. Those Sealy Mattresses are very comfy as is the sofa and chairs in the living room. I hope your travels will bring you back here soon.

Vallejo, California
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Arrived at this place with ease.
The receptionist whom were present, are very courteous and very helpful.
Our room was on the 3rd floor. Although no elevators, I didn't mind at all walking the stairs.
As I entered my room, it was very clean and well stocked. The bathroom may be small, as some past reviewers have mentioned, but I find it not a problem with me. Also no problems with water pressure either.

The bed itself was a trap, in a good way. I almost fell asleep, as I was testing how comfy it was.
The breakfast buffet was small, but was well stocked. The dining area could get crowed, especially on weekends a.m., so its best to get your munches first thing before other guests wakes up.

Oh, gotta Love that bacon!!!!!

Overall, the only complaint I have was, that I wished I stayed longer.

If your a gambler, this place is set next to a casino (Bay 101) and just minutes away from Matrix. Other attractions as well, such as Great America, and Santana Row.

Keep up the good work Staybridge suites.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Marcel t,

How nice to hear from you about your stay here in October. I can certainly understand your feelings about the bathroom being tight. One nice thing though is that the Vanity and Closet are quite large. There aren’t many hotels of this type that offer a walk in closet. We get many compliments about the Sealy mattresses and the bedding we put on them so it’s no surprise you were so comfortable. Also very glad you like the breakfast. 

Can wait to have you back again soon.

Louisville
Reviewed 1 October 2013

As I entered the I was greeted by a receptionist who told me they did not have room for me and that I had been moved to another hotel. She then quickly disappeared. Another receptionist gave me a room but the paperwork had the wrong address. I knew this was going to be a bad start. This is advertised as an airport hotel with a shuttle going to the airport every 30 minutes. However, they drive people to work, restaurants, etc, and it is first come first served for the shuttle. The shuttle service is not available for early morning flights so you have to call a taxi. The manager on duty is confused about a lot of things and could not help me figure out what time I needed to leave for the airport.

My room was on the second floor with stairs and I was travelling alone with heavy bags. My suite was very nice with a queen sized bed, a flat screen TV in my bedroom and in the living room. There is a full sized kitchen. The bedroom and bathroom are small. There was a hair on my pillow. Otherwise everything seemed clean.

The kitchen had everything needed for a long term stay, including a dishwasher.

The living room was quite comfortable with a flat screen tv. The bedroom was on the small side with a flat screen tv. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and very small. The water pressure in the shower was good.

When it came time to leave, I was told if i called, someone would be available momentarily to help me with my luggage. When i called to the reception, they told me they would have to find someone to help me and it might take 5-10 minutes. I was prepared to drag my luggage down the steps when the man showed up just in time.

It is important to note, that this is not considered a regular hotel. the bed is not made daily, the rooms are not cleaned daily, etc. I had thought this was a hotel.

I was told from others traveling with me that the breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Get a room on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear klkb,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you appreciate the room you had. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the cleanliness and the service you received. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I sincerely hope you stay with us again in the future so you could try our complimentary breakfast and so we can show you just how exceptional we can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed here for one night recently in a suite. Four issues: 1) to open the door for the suite I was in I really had to push it very hard (at first I assumed there was a problem with my key); 2) couldn't get wifi to work, though maybe I gave up too quickly; 3) housekeeping had neglected to include shampoo in the suite so I had to ask for it from the front desk; 4) ironing board cover was stained at one end (and the iron may have been somewhat faulty). I felt these were relatively minor problems for my particular stay and they wouldn't prevent me from considering a future stay. Good location if you are visiting a company within a few miles' radius of SJC. Suite seemed acceptably clean.

This hotel is oriented towards longer-stay guests, and I think it would be a decent choice for this purpose if you need something like temporary corporate housing in the area. (Based just on one night's experience, it seemed good if not better than other hotels in that genre at which I've stayed in the past.) Buffet breakfast was included and was fairly good quality.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hello Jatr60745,

Good hearing from you and reading your feedback about the stay. Having four issues like you indicate here are not acceptable and we would very much like to have you back and show you how it’s done the right way. I invite you to email me directly when you are ready to return to the area. Thank you very much for taking the time to write us.