“Beautiful hotel, excellent service!”
Review of Fairmont San Jose

Fairmont San Jose
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Keizer, Oregon
“Beautiful hotel, excellent service!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed one night, but enjoyed our stay immensely. VERY comfortable room and bed. Excellent exercise facility. Great location. Would love to go back! We had a nice dinner at The Grill, and the day prior we walked downtown and visited a few sites. The service was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed at the Fairmont for a conference in July and enjoyed the hotel very much. The hotel is in a great area of San Jose with many great restaurants in the area.

It is a very modern hotel with exceptional amenities. I treated myself and had a spa service and it was very professional and enjoyable. Room service arrived promptly and was of high quality.

I would highly recommend the Fairmont San Jose

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I was really excited to stay at the Fairmont. I had envisioned fantastic customer service and perfect amenities. Driving up, the valet took my car and I entered the Fairmont. the check in was smooth and my room was wonderful. I was a little disappointed in the service. I had ordered an extra blanket twice and it never arrived. When I went down to the front desk to once again ask for a blanket the associates were there but they walked back and forth behind the counter and took a while for them to acknowledge me. This was really a surprise because of the reputation of the Fairmont . When I did check out I was not asked how my stay was so I did not share my experience with staff. However, I expected staff to fall all over themselves to provide good service. Unfortunately, I did not see it. Nice room and amenities and the valet parking staff was awesome. Warning, read all notices before you pick up any nuts or water in the class. These items are on sensors and your room will be charged immediately. So great potential, but I am thinking that my stay was out of the ordinary .

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
FairmontSanJose, Director of Sales at Fairmont San Jose, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is reviews like these that allow us to find opportunities for improvement and it seems here we have missed the mark. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused during your stay with us. I would like to discuss your experience in further detail. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience.
Auckland, NZ
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont overnight when travelling through to San Francisco from the south (singing that song of course: "Do you know the way...". After a long day's driving the Fairmont was a welcome touch of luxury. On arrival our bags were dealt with efficiently. The doorman was even very understanding when I walked off with the car keys in my pocket, having asked that the car be parked! I told you it was a long drive.

The hotel is situated in the commercial centre of town but if you are hoping that it will be close to shopping, think again. The surrounding neighbourhood - which includes the theatre quarter - is a little weird after dark. We went for a walk and my wife said that in all of our time in the States this was the one time she did not feel safe.

The hotel itself is a wonderful example of the marbled anonymity that hotel chains can achieve. This is something that you either love or hate. The lobby is huge, the marble is polished and the staff smile a lot. Our room was an executive suite on an upper floor with a superb view over the valley. It was open plan in that the bed and sitting areas were not separated but was very spacious and well appointed, with a dressing lobby and large marble bathroom with separate shower. The toilet was also separated so that shared ablutions could be a little more private.

Because of the concerns about the surrounding precinct we ate in the room (eschewing the heavily promoted in-house restaurants) and the room service meal was tasty and fresh. It was delivered relatively promptly within about 35 minutes of the order being placed, which was impressive efficiency compared with some room service experiences.

We used the valet parking garage which was reasonably priced and our car was out and ready to go with a 20 minute call ahead of our departure at an early hour - all very smooth.

Pity about San Jose itself!

Hello,
First, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Fairmont San Jose. I know that you always have a choice between hotels and we are pleased that you have chosen ours. Your business truly is important to us. Furthermore, we thank you for your kind words regarding our property.
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 7 November 2013

THIS is what a luxury hotel should be. It is absolutely gorgeous, from its stunning lobby to its huge, tastefully decorated rooms. The front desk people are efficient and incredibly caring. We needed travel advice, and two different concierge people helped us immensely. The bedding in our room was to die for. The bathroom was enormous, with both a tub and a shower. The room was absolutely spotless, too. I would return to this lovely hotel in a heartbeat. The Fountain Restaurant there has fabulous food and an incredible breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: We stayed in the newere annexed tower, and the room was fabulous.
Hello,
Thank you so much for your kind words.
We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience staying with us during your visit in San Jose and we can't wait to welcome you back. We always pride ourselves in providing top of line services to our guests, thank you for noticing our team members' efforts.

Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Arrived very early and took a shot at an early check-in. The front desk was extremely helpful and friendly as they set us up in our room. I realize this cannot always happen, but it was great! The room was very clean and large. There are plenty of dining options within walking distance of the hotel. There are some homeless folk hanging around sometimes, but pretty harmless. We had a very restful night. It was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. We walked to the CALTRAIN station and headed north to Palo Alto from the hotel. Would happily stay here again! I would definitely recommend this hotel!

We appreciate you for sharing your experience with everyone on TripAdvisor.
We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience staying with us during your visit to the Bay Area and we can't wait to welcome you back.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed here for 3+ nights on business. Underground valet parking, room service food was pretty good, and rooms (especially the BATHROOM!) was fantastic. I was on the 8th floor - view was OK. The location is good - downtown San Jose is pretty cool.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank idkmybffjill1337
Hello,
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience staying with us during your business trip and we can't wait to welcome you back .