“Great Hotel”

Fairmont San Jose
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had a 2 day meeting in Silicon Valley for a client meeting and was very glad that I was booked at the Fairmont. Many of my colleagues were at other hotels because many of the nearby hotels were sold.

My room was great, very clean and quiet. Great gym at the hotel and having restaraunts nearby was a plus.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
FairmontSanJose, Customer Service Representative at Fairmont San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Danny,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed everything about your stay. Thank you for your review!

There are newer reviews for Fairmont San Jose

Reviewed 5 August 2014

As part of the President's club, I received an email during a flight layover asking me for my arrival time. When I got to the hotel, I picked up the key from the bellman and didn't even have to stand in line at the front desk. Now, that is service!
My room was spacious and well appointed. Bath items were of a high quality. I had both a tub and a shower in my room, and towels were very thick and luxurious. Electrical outlets were numerous and in easy access.
All hotel staff I encountered were friendly and warm in their greetings. Rooms were cleaned early in the day while I was out on business, which I think is a benefit. I would return in the afternoon and know I won't be disturbed.
I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Presidents Club for great amenities such as free WiFi. Corridors are long, so reque...

Dear Dara,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed her for one night for a business stay. The room was spacious and clean, and the staff was friendly.

The Hotel was only four miles from the San Jose Airport. There were plenty of good restaurants within walking distance, which was a plus. There is also a small park just across the street from the hotel.

The per day room rate was pretty expensive, but inline with other similar hotels.

Dear Chris,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, from the location to the room. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Good lobby and entryway - looks good and is spacious.
No aesthetics in room decor, musty smell and very much in need of maintenance.
A/C did not work.
Showers were alternating hot-n-cold.
Beds were uncomfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
FairmontSanJose, Customer Service Representative at Fairmont San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Jay,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our apologies for the experience you had recently. A private message has been sent to you wanting to learn more about your recent experience at our hotel. Please direct message us at your earliest convenience.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for one night with my 2 daughters to visit Cal St San Jose. This is a top notch facility and everything about our stay was first rate. Customer service at check in, check out, concierge, valet, dining were all excellent. First the location is great, on the plaza with the art museum, easy walking to the college, restaurants, movies, and shopping. We were in the Tower, not the main building. Rooms were very very nice. Incredible beds. Separate tub and shower. Beautiful stone floors in bathroom, plush towels and robes. This is not a budget hotel, but for the area it is not over priced. We had an excellent cooked to order breakfast for under $30 for 3, including fresh squeezed juice. Valet parking was$26 per day, but they let you leave your car until 6:00 pm after you have checked out without additional charge. So we didn't need to drive it to campus and pay for parking there the next day. The only hitch was with the reservation system. I booked by phone. Operator gave me the non refundable rate, instead of the AAA special which was better, she didn't tell us the pool would be unavailable due to private event, and she said free self parking was available which is wrong. However the excellent front desk compensated me for these gross errors, so I deduct no points. But beware the booking system. Probably better to book on line to be sure you are getting the rate and room you want.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher leave if you want a view, there is none on the 3-5 floors. Pool is in main building...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Discovered a small army of ants crawling along the baseboard of my room before going to bed. a few crawled onto the bed and nightstand. was too tired to call the front desk at the time, as it was a one night stay. when I woke up the next morning and found some ants making their way inside my shoes, I felt that I had to tell the front desk. when I reported this upon checkout, the front desk person nonchalantly said 'sorry' and handed me the bill. I didn't expect ants in my room at the Fairmont, even during my stays at a 'motel 6', I never encountered ants!

1  Thank S G
FairmontSanJose, Customer Service Representative at Fairmont San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Susana,

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for any service issues and assure you we have not gotten word of any other pest problems. I have notified our different deparments to check your previous room and keep an eye on these matters. A manager will be reaching out to you shortly to talk to you about your experience. We regret the inconviences during your stay.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at The Fairmont San Jose. The rooms were clean, the bathrooms were amazing and the beds were comfortable. Most of the staff were great. I would definitely recommend you not eat at the hotel restaurant or from food service. Although the staff is quick and friendly for room service, the food is average. In the lounge, the staff was helpful and the food so-so. I would still stay at the hotel again, just eat elsewhere!

Dear Kate,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed so much about your stay, from the beds to the service. Thank you for your review!