Vagabond Inn San Jose (SJC Airport)
US$1,029
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$481
US$458
  • Breakfast included
Hampton Inn & Suites San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$175
US$254
US$246
US$389
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$164
Dolce Hayes Mansion(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$172
Hilton San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$624
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
San Jose Marriott(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$561
US$535
US$379
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I was traveling on a strict budget and just passing through San Jose for a day of catching up with some friends so chose the Vagabond Inn. It is near the airport, which is handy for some, but even if you're headed elsewhere, it sits right in front of the light rail so you can get other places easily or even a short drive to museum area.

The hotel area did have a few of the wanderers around, but I didn't have a problem. Lots of security cameras with live feeds to lobby. The hotel was nice than I expected for the area and the lower price. Much nicer than Motel 6 next door. The internet worked excellently - when it worked! It would cut out for a couple minutes but then resume and bip along fine but still - frustrating.

The sheets were probably the thinnest I'd ever seen and I stay at many budget places, but whatever works. The room had a coffeemaker and toiletries. The heat, when set as a thermostat didn't work properly, but if I left the fan to steady on, it kept the room warm enough.

Breakfast..... is NOT breakfast. It is coffee, orange juice and a packaged little muffin. BUT it was enough to tie me over until lunch so is helpful for some, but I wouldn't call it breakfast.

The staff at the front desk were friendly and attentive. I got an early check in and the gal was great. No problems with traffic noise, foot traffic or loud neighbors. I didn't use the pool, but it looked clean as did the grounds.

It's a fine budget hotel. No real problems.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Both my wife and I have been in management in 4 and 5 star hotels for over 15 years and I have to say this was a pleasant surprise. We flew in late at night, was greeted by a very cheerful lady that answered all our questions about the area. The room was in a quiet location, very clean, looked like a fairly recent remodel. You get more for your money here than many hotels at 2 and 3 times the price. We would definitely stay here if we fly into San Jose again,

Room Tip: We enjoyed the quieter 2nd floor in the back area
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank apollokalele
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The Vagabond Inn is located in a 'rowdy' part of town, as are the other hotels on the street.
What makes this place wonderful is the number of security cameras, someone is at the front desk 24/7 and they are rather assertive about keeping the riff raff out.
This inn is close to everything and if needed the light rail is across the steet.
There is a pool, laundry. free wi fi, free parking and the rooms are clean.
In a way, the Vagabond Inn is a pretty place to stay.
I really relaxed and would not stay any other place in San Jose.

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool area add to the 'oasis' feeling.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 8888Paula8888
Reviewed 5 August 2012

If your here on business DO NOT STAY HERE, if your visit needs a good working SPA DO NOT STAY HERE! The photos of this place are soooo out dated, there is no spa, the unsecured Wifi does not work if you are not close to the office.We booked for 10 days on business and will never come again. Tonight i turned my bed covers and a worm flew and started crawling away. Continental breakfast is Juice, coffee, indvidual wraped danish, tea, and oranges everyday! The only thing good was Walter at front desk, i feel sorry for him after all this he still tried to make this place sound good. Walter you deserve better!

Room Tip: Go to hotel nextdoor
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Diane C
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We flew to San Jose to see the Cavalia horse show and stayed one night. The room was clean, the pool area was nice and well kept. The beds were a little hard, but we didn't care. We were most impressed by the manager, Danny. Because we didn't have a car, he gave us instructions on how to get to the show by light rail so that we didn't have to spend a lot on a taxi. He also told us how to get to the airport the same way. He was very friendly and helpful. We loved his beautiful dog, Jacob. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Stan and JoAnne Elmer