“Surprise....small town....great food...”

Vito's New York Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Vito's New York Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,198 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Vito's provides authentic home-made recipes whose aroma greets you as soon as you walk in. The atmosphere takes you back to Renaissance Italy. Generous portions of fine pastas, seafood and pizza... All at great price. Guaranteed to become your favorite place!
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. It was delicious. The decor was beautiful, the waitstaff was helpful. We ordered the ravioli with meat sauce, a waiter recommendation. Also, the linguini with clam sauce and my husband had the frutti de mar, which was seafood over pasta, perfectly herbed and cooked. We had an amazing eating experience.

George N, Owner at Vito's New York Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Lisa,

Thank you soooo much for taking the time to review my restaurant. It's always nice to hear from patrons that truely appreciated what Vito's Trattoria is all about.

Thanks Again,
George

There are newer reviews for Vito's New York Trattoria

Reviewed 12 August 2014

this restaurant is 0.5 miles from the Doubletree Hotel in San Jose, walking distance. The food was quite bland but the service was good. I had the large veal parmesan the tomato sauce tasted like it came out of jar, the vegetables were laoded with parmesan cheese, and the pasta was kind of raw, not even close to al-dente. I had an apple cobbler for desert (the waiter highly recommend it). Not sure condiment or food category was used to sprinkle on the cobbler but it tasted sort of a mix of Captain Crunch Cereal and Special K. The apple cobbler was boiling hot, and the 1/2 scoop of ice cream on top was not enough to prevent me from burning my mouth.

George N, Owner at Vito's New York Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Lido,

I'm sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with you food here at Vito's Trattoria. Since you were wondering, the topping we use on the Apple Crisp is Whole Oats with a mixture of butter. If the pasta was way undercooked, well...that's a complete mistake on our part and I do apologize. If you had mentioned that to us while you were here we would have gladly corrected it. I am puzzled about your mention of the Veggies being "loaded with parmesean" since we don't put parm on our veggies. Just so you know our sauce does not come out of a jar. It just didn't suit your taste and I can accept that.

As I tell customers that review my restaurant, I thank you for taking the time do do so. I'll take the good with the bad and hope that the good highly outweigh the bad.

-george

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This place was recommended by the hotel, and I was eating alone(the kids had an event) so I thought I'd check it out. Odd location(strip-ish mall in a business park) but...wow. Very old school feeling, older men servers, small wine glasses,etc. I rarely ever order pasta dishes when I eat out, but was craving lasagna. My mom made a pretty darn good lasagna and I'm always disappointed when I eat it out. However, it came out HOT, and...I was horribly disappointed I could not finish the whole plate! I took my leftover back to the room, but had no where to reheat...almost cried when I threw out the uneaten portion.
If you love flavorful red sauce, not like something they pulled out of a can...check this place out. Service was excellent, prices find, wine reasonable. I will definitely hit this place again next time I 'm in the area!

Thank you for taking the time to review my restaurant and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the Lasagna.

Hopefully we'll see you the next time you travel from Alaska to San Jose.

-George

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Vito's was a short walk from my hotel and a welcome find on my first night in town. The service was exceptional, warm, friendly, and attentive. The menu was filled with no end of wonderful options. The classic bolognese sauce over linguini was perfect. The servings were generous. Their wine list was grand. Salute!

George N, Owner at Vito's New York Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Really want to thank you for taking the time to review my restaurant. I'lltkae a 4 out of 5 but want you to know I'm working diligently for a 5 out of 5.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Found this restaurant near our hotel and the food was great. The menu is big with a lot to choose from and the portions are big, shame would could not take it on the airplane the next day. Service was good, there were a few big parties in the back, so it was a little noisy. Great find!

1  Thank Stingray93
George N, Owner at Vito's New York Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

I wanted to take the time to thank you for reviewing Vito's Trattoria. If your schedule is as crazy as mine is, you taking the time to review my restaurant is very special to me and is very much appreciated.

If/when you return to Vito's Trattoria and if there is ever any problem, please be sure to let us know. That's when we get to show off our customer service skills.

Like I tell my staff, "it's easy to make happy customers happy".

Thanks Again,