Residence Inn San Jose South
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$458
US$446
Dolce Hayes Mansion(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$181
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$194
HIExpress.com
US$398
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsclean groundsbuy groceriestile floorssmall apartmentliving roomnice propertystayed for two nightsvery comfortable staylocation was perfectrestaurants within walking distancewould definitely stay here againbeds were comfortableeasy accesssofasupermarketfreewayrefrigerator
Reviewed 15 June 2013

A nice, newer Residence Inn to stay. We were there for a family vacation so the spot was perfect for our trip. Good area with plenty of restaurants and easy access to shopping and the highways. Rooms were clean and spacious with the beds comfortable. A great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 88FFG93OSU
Residence Inn S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Hello JS_4202,
Thank you for your response. So glad you enjoyed your vacation to San Jose with the family! Have a great summer and hopefully we will get to host you in our new renovated rooms for your next trip.

Aubrey Prophet

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed here for a short business trip, luckily the office was right around the corner. From what we saw, the hotel is at the begining of a business park, with a few small fast food places within walking distance. Anything other than fast food, or a convenience store / gas station, you would need to drive.

The hotel itself is a bit dated in locations - hallways, rooms, elevator, lobby and fitness center. The grounds themselves are actually very well kept, and the exterior gives a bit of a false impression. Rooms are large, spacious, but dated and a bit dirty. Bathroom had peeling wallpaper, mildew in the bathroom, and the stove and dishwasher smelled as if there were dead animals in them. I had a studio at the back of the property, facing the highway - don't do that to yourself. WiFi extremely slow.

However, the staff was friendly and professional. Breakfast was your standard pre-made eggs, frozen / thawed bagels, etc...not bad, but not great.

Have stayed in better Residence Inns, but for 2 nights, it wasn't that bad for a place to sleep.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the back of the hotel, facing the highway!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank M J

Hello M J,
Thank you for your review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your short stay with us. I am happy to inform you that we have started a full renovation of our guest rooms which will be completed in September. It is a huge improvement and I can assure that you will love everything about this on your next visit with us. Please give me a call the next time you are in the area so we can accommodate your room location request as we would like all stays to be up to your expectations and flawless. See you next time!

Aubrey Prophet

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I've stayed in several Residence Inns recently and this one really needs a major overhaul. Fixtures, furniture, kitchen, a/c all need to be updated. Otherwise it was a just basic place roof over your head. Breakfast was not great- eggs were dry and other stuff was passable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Residence Inn S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Hello Chutney3, thank you very much for your review. I am extremely happy to reply with some great news for you. We are starting a full room renovation July 9th and will have it completed within 2 months. I will also take your comments regarding breakfast back to the team and work on that for additional improvement.

We hope to be able to host you the nest time you are in the San Jose area! Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance with that.

Thank you!

Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

We've enjoyed several stays at this location. The staff is top notch, the rooms are well appointed and welcoming, and you get free WiFi and breakfast. Close to shopping, services and freeways. Our go-to home away from home in South San Jose - We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2013

Hello odalisque,
Thank you for your review and your positive comments. My staff and I truly appreciate your business and that we were able to host a great home away from home stay for you.

See you Soon!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business in April 2013. This hotel is what you would expect from a Residence Inn. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. They have an evening social hour and morning breakfast, both complimentary. I did not partake in the evening social, but I did eat breakfast in the morning, which was pretty good. The hotel has a small exercise room with cardio equipment. The staff is friendly. The internet access is also complimentary but a little on the slow side. The hotel is easy to access from US-101. The rooms also have full-sized refrigerators, a stove, microwave, dishes, and silverware. I was only here for a day and did not use these, but this is a nice hotel at a reasonable price. If I were to stay longer, I could see myself taking advantage of the kitchen amenities.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Hello Greg A,
Thank you for your review of our property! I am so delighted to hear that you had a great stay, next time you are in the area we hope you are able to stay longer and take advantage of our full kitchens and hospitality hour!

Hope to see you real soon, thank you again.