“Sporting Event - Unpleasant Stay”
Review of Hilton San Jose

Hilton San Jose
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I think the hotel is fairly unfriendly to sporting groups. We were notified at check in that club/concierge service was not offered on the weekends - a direct target at weekend groups. We had requested this service in advance and we're not notified of their policy. Windows in room were terribly dirty. There were problems w the elevators for 1/2 the weekend - fixed by hotel. Water bottle in fitness room sat empty for 2 days despite our notifying staff. Flags flying were old and torn. At checkout, I mentioned the problems. The grumpy clerk argued with me about the elevators but said she would credit us the 2 glasses of wine we put on the bill. Later, I was asked by email to fill out a review sent by Hilton (which I did). I received a pre-written form letter from the hotel with nothing specific to our stay. :-((

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Catherine H, Manager at Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

John,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize you were disappointed in the service and amenities of our property. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Hilton San Jose Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I've been staying in this specific Hilton hotel everytime I visit San Jose for the annual SPIE conference. I'm glad the hotel has completely removed the smoking rooms (although I'm a smoker) because the rooms and hallways smell better that way. I'm also glad the hotel decided on having internet connectivity for free. I only wish that the internet connections don't keep cutting off when I use my smartphone. Overall though, I'm really glad for the service. Keep it up and see you next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Catherine H, Manager at Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Hello Julius,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay and that the event was a success.

We look forward to hosting your stay again with us soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

This hotel is beautiful and the room was amazing, the problem is there is no airport shuttle for the airport which is 5 minutes away so you have to pay for a $30 taxi ride. They do not have a microwave or mini bottles of alcohol and the bar prices are very expensive. There is no break on well drinks for happy hour. If you choose the green bonus of them not changing the sheets or giving new towels, they dont even come in and clean up the room, so its not really worth it because you cant use the $5 for drinks, only food in their bar. The pool is only open until 10 pm. The people and staff were excellent and the room service breakfast was good except dont ask for anything special like crispy toast because it will be ignored.

Hello Laurel,

We appreciate your feedback. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one from check-in to departure through quality service and amenities. We will use your comments as part of our ongiong service training and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was warm and welcoming, the food (at the bar and room service) was superb and the room was modern and nicely decorated. I was a little surprised that the hotel did not offer a shuttle from the airport, but I was greatly disappointed to find that there was a charge for Wi-Fi.

Hello,

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Better during the week with the executive lounge open for gold members. Great access to downtown and the freeway. Nice rooms and good views from the upper floors. Breakfast was above average and the bed was quite comfortable. Good place to stay

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello David,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're glad that you had a great stay at the Hilton San Jose. We look forward to seeing you again in the future on your next business trip and we hope that next you will have more time to enjoy our facilities.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Love the hotel, other than the bar being slightly overpriced and a bracelet being stollen from my room, I loved my stay. My conference was at the convention center which made for a short walk and there were plenty of great places to see that were within walking distance. The velet service was always on time and very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Catherine H, Manager at Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Hello Rick,

We are so happy that you stayed with us again. Thank you for writing a review and your feedback is definitely appreciated. We hope to have you as one of our repeat guests.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend with a large group got work. And the check in was fast and prompt, front desk staff was great. I stayed in 907 and the person who cleaned my room on 2/14 did a great job. Thanks for the extra coffee and creamer. A+++..

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hello,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of the Hilton San Jose. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you experienced great service from our team members.
We hope that you stay with us again when you visit San Jose.