“Nice Place”

Hilton San Jose
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Room was clean and friendly staff. Always ready to assist any time we were in the lobby returning or departing. Breakfast buffet was excellent as well as the service. All items in the buffet were well stocked at all times.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of the Hilton San Jose. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you experienced great service from our team members.
We hope that you stay with us again when you visit San Jose.

San Jose Hilton Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The only thing I dislike this hotel is no free breakfast and parking (cost $22 parking per day). Also noise on street (construction/repairing works). Otherwise, everything else are good. Room is clean, good bed, towels clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Catherine H, Manager at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton San Jose. I’m very sorry to hear that we didn't meet all your expectations. We will be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we're always working to improve our overall guest experience. I thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I hope, if you ever get your dates wrong & arrive in early to the Hilton San Jose (as I did) - you have the great fortune to come across David Garcia on the front desk. Not only did he get me into my room a day early, he was caring & calming. The whole stay was marvelous. The room clean, attractive & very comfortable. The entire staff were warm & accommodating. I throughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Hello Maria,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for acknowledging David Garcia, he is certainly one of the gems here at our hotel.

We look forward to hosting your stay again with us soon!

Sydney
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I would not have chosen this hotel on my own but as part of a convention I was placed in a room there. The hotel has very little staff ( apart from breakfast staff , who I must say are great). The lobby is run down ( it looks like a backpackers lobby, including the lifts....). the rooms are big but not modern and the bathroom are really needing an uplift. The only plus side is the connection to the convention center. I am staying there on a special rate and would have been very upset and moved if I was paying their full fair . Stay at the Mariott, it's much nicer

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I am currently staying at the Hilton San Jose as I am attending a convention. I am shocked that this hotel is a Hilton. First, when we arrived there was no bell staff or even a door man at the door. The area looked almost as if it was the back door to the hotel. The lobby area looks more like a college dorm than a lobby. The furnishings look like they were bought 10 years ago from Ikea. I am on the 5th floor. As I exit the elevator the foul smell from either the carpet or a/c finally subsides as I enter my room. The room is not too bad except for the mold around the sink area and bathtub which make my experience less than pleasant. The lighting in the bathroom is ok I will give it that. The wall paper (yes wall paper) in the room leaves little to be desired. In one area it looks as if this was a room that had a door adjacent to another room and it was blocked off because there is a newer piece of wall paper covering that area. I know I am here on a special rate but the usual rate is over $200.00 per night. I am comparing this hotel to it's neighbor on the other side of the convention center - The Marriott which is much more luxurious from the lobby to the rooms. One of my colleagues is staying over there and paying the same rate as me. I feel terrible being here while he is over there enjoying a more lavish room. Sigh!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sherina,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and guestroom amenities. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town for business or pleasure so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice Hilton in a decent location. Rooms are new, spacious, and clean. Good breakfast in the executive lounge, and great coffee. Staff is exceptional and friendly. Location is good: we were able to walk to some nice restaurants. Enjoyed my stay here and look forward to staying here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello,

Thank you for writing a review and your feedback is definitely appreciated. We hope to have you as one of our repeat guests.

Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed 26 April 2014

hotel is beside convention centre. middle of the city and close to airport. No restaurant around the hotel is a bit poroblem. Otherwise good hotel with relatively reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Catherine H, Manager at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hello,

Thank you for writing a review. We are glad that you had a great stay at the Hilton San Jose. We hope you stay with us again the next time you come to San Jose.