“Gold Member Perks”

Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Santa Monica, United States
“Gold Member Perks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

With Hhonors gold membership, I was upgraded to the executive floor rooms, and was provided with access to the executive lounge which include free hot breakfast and free happy hour appetizers and beer/wine.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello Dale,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of the Hilton San Jose. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you experienced great service from our team members.
We hope that you stay with us again when you visit San Jose.

Hilton San Jose Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a convention that weekend. The Hilton and Marriott both adjoin the convention centre, so if that's where you need to be then both these establishments make excellent choices.

The gentleman at the front desk (I believe his name was Sam) was incredibly friendly and welcoming; we were provided with bottles of water for the room and his pleasant attitude was a great start to our stay. The room was incredibly spacious and felt well maintained. We were away from the elevators but near the ice machine, however we hardly heard any noise from it so I assume the rooms are well insulated. The bed was a little soft for my preferences but regardless we slept well. The house keeping was efficient but without moving our things around too much, which is perfect for me.

We ordered room service on our first night and it was very good. The restaurant downstairs serves decent fare, but the setting is a little cafeteria like--the lobby, bar and restaurant are an all-in-one affair but feel a little spartan, so if you're looking for a more intimate meal there are numerous good restaurants nearby within easing walking distance.

Our only minor complaint is something that we don't think the hotel can actually do much about, and that's the quality of the water. When showering it takes three times longer to rinse yourself off as the water left your skin feeling strangely soapy (even before you used soap!) Several other guests we spoke to that weekend had the same issue.

Otherwise, this is a solid offering from Hilton for business customers and we'd be extremely happy to stay here for future events.

Hello Misty,

We are so happy that you stayed with us again. Thank you for writing a review and your feedback is definitely appreciated. We hope to have you as one of our repeat guests.

San Jose, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

10 easy reason why for FANIME this is the better Hotel: +Slightly Cheaper Than Marriott, $150 a night vs 120 a night @ the Hilton +Bigger Elevator than Marriott +Room is slightly larger +Really Quick Bell Service +Private Parking for Hotel Guest +Self-Parking only $11 +Great Food for Room Service, for $18 I couldn't finish my dinner! +Easy Location right next to Convention Center +Super Friendly Staff, Help me jump start my Car! +No Hidden Fee! No Deposit! +Was able to make last min change without any fee or problem!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello Binh,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The room was clean, the bed comfortable - but it was a good thing I arrived very late and was tired from a cross country flight since the A/C is very loud, and runs frequently. A good sleep is an important part of my stay, so the noise definitely impacted my rating.

I only rate the sleep quality bad due to the noise - the beds are quite comfortable.

Hello Dwaine,

We appreciate your feedback. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one from check-in to departure through quality service and amenities. We will use your comments as part of our ongiong service training and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I'm staying at this hotel as a part of group and arrived late on my first night to discover that the air conditioning is woefully inadequate. It was too late to do the proverbial room swap/call the engineer so the next morning I told the front desk that the air conditioning was working adequately. They promised to have it fixed while I was out during the day. Upon my return, nothing had changed. The front desk manager couldn't explain why nothing was done and agreed to have the room "cold enough to have icicles hanging from the ceiling" when I got back the next day. Sure enough, I get back the next day and nothing has been fixed. Of course the manager that made me the promise is not on duty the next night so when I finally talked to a manager I'm told that someone came to the room and everything was working properly. There was nothing they could do to coll off the room. Bottom line, the air conditioning is insufficient for even a mildly warm day and they can't be bothered to even leave me a note in the room explaining.

Don't stay here any time the outside temperature is above 70 if you want the room to be cool.

Room Tip: Pick a room at the Marriott around the corner!
Hello,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize you were disappointed in the service and amenities of our property. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Orem, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was in and out really quick, seemed like a nice place, very standard room, nothing very special about it. Extremely clean, sheets were soft and bed was comfortable. Didn't use any of the restaurants. Check in and out was great, no line. Really what I would expect out of a Hilton, good quality .

Room Tip: You probably don't want to be on one of the top floors, the hotel is right under the flight path...
Hello Matt,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to hosting your stay again with us soon!

University Place, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was very upscale, staff was friendly, and most importantly, convenient and by the airport. Most hotels by the airport are noisy, or look very "used". I wouldn't say that about this property. My only complaint, which I guess isn't really a complaint, is that the elevator to the parking garage was out of order. Forced me to carry luggage up and down stairs. I didn't complain as I can always use the exercise, but some may not thing that way. Would most definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Self parking is easier, and saves you some $$$$
Hello Nikki,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that time you took to share your thoughts. The task of delivering the best product and service to each guest that chooses to stay with us is one which our entire team takes very seriously.

We hope that we can host your stay again when you are in San Jose in the future. Our hospitable team members are here to make you feel at home. We welcome any suggestions on how we can make your stay more memorable.