“Sleepless in San Jose”

Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Payson, United States
“Sleepless in San Jose”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The whole point of a hotel is to ultimately offer you a comfortable place to stay and SLEEP, while you are away from home. Their pillows simply make it impossible to get any sleep. A bag a rocks would be more comfortable than what they try to pass off as pillows.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Catherine H, Manager at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello Lane,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry that our pillows did not live up to your expectations. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll give us another chance if you return to San Jose.

Have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Dear Virginia Santa Ines & Team of the Hilton Hotel San Jose,

Thank you for hosting our amazing 20th high school reunion. The service was beyond outstanding! I had been working closely with Virginia Santa Ines to coordinate our event in the Market Room on August 9th, 2014 and I knew that it was going to be fantastic, but the impeccable service from the entire staff made it better than I dreamed it would be. We had many options of venues to choose from but Gigi’s beautiful spirit and accommodating & attentive service was a shoe in for booking our reunion at the Hilton San Jose.

David Garcia at the front desk graciously helped me with some of our party decorations and Gigi & Omar were fantastic coordinators for our reunion.

From the gorgeous suite #626 that was reserved for us to rest in to the beautiful cobalt blue glasses on the tables, it was beyond the amazingness that I had imagined.

The dinner was delicious and the chocolate fountain was dreamy, thank you Chef. And although I only had a moment to snack on a few carrots, your staff generously boxed up four dinners and placed them in our hotel room so that we could feast after the event. We were so appreciative of that! ;) The Market room and patio were perfect. The fire pit, tables for the memorabilia and the blue & gold cloth napkins and blue lights surrounding the room added to the Oak Grove Eagles spirit & ambiance.

Gigi even wore a blue, gold & white outfit in honor of our school! And she sent up the most beautiful “welcome” gift basket with my name printed on ribbons of our school colors. Gigi Santa Ines is truly a gem and asset to the hospitality industry & the Hilton team.

Thank you all so very much for making our special 20th reunion so very magical.

Many kudos & gratitude,

The Class of 1994 Oak Grove High School

Room Tip: Suite 626 has a beautiful view, a large entertaining area with two couches and a dining table and tw...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Oak G
Gary H, General Manager at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel, staff and your reunion event. Our team is dedicated to providing a memorable experience and I am so glad that we delivered. Thank you for recognizing our service team...including Gigi, Omar, David and Chef Gonzalez. We are very fortunate to have such talented industry professionals to take care of our valued customers. Congrats on your 20th reunion and we hope to assist you with your next event. Thank you for your business.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed one night to attend a music concert in the park and certainly found the accommodations adequate and a good value. I noticed that the television and other technology was fairly sophisticated in a panel next to the TV. There were connections for both a laptop audio, and AV equipment. This Hilton is definitely focused on the business traveler who needs fairly professional connectivity to prepare for meetings.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback and comments are truly important to us. We are pleased that you had a great stay and enjoyed the music festival in downtown San Jose...a very popular yearly event. Being in the heart of Silicon Valley, we have tried to stay on top of technology to meet the needs of today's traveler. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back.
MONTREAL
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Nothing for negative to say. great place for overnight, 10 minutes max from San Jose airport. Very patient with very jet lag tired kids! Restaurant onsite very appreciate due to our 7 hours travel. Amazing for car rental pick up (National and Avis are on site NO SHUTTLE)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Customer feedback is very important to our continuous improvement process and we value your comments. I am so pleased that you had a great stay and that our service team was there to take care of your needs especially after a tiring flight. Our close proximity to the airport and onsite car rental are truly a plus. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I usually travel for work, so this review is a departure for me.

After working all week in northern California, I drove down to San Jose to hang out with some friends and to check out the new 49ers stadium. And as an added bonus, the San Jose Jazz Festival was going on.

Check-in was a snap. The gentleman who checked me in, unfortunately I did not get his name as I typically like to reward great service, is an avid 49ers fan, and a football fan in general. We chatted for several minutes about pro football - NFL and USFL - and then I took the elevator up to my room. It is a very nice room, up to date and very stylish.

I planned the next day to go to Levis Stadium. The light rail is immediately next door and it goes up tot he stadium (hint, hint for football season).

The hotel restaurant was perfect for breakfast, and there are restaurants and bars nearby for lunch and dinner. The Performing Arts Center is across the street and there are many other performance venues within a block or two.

I should say that there are two types of parking available at the hotel - self-parking and valet - with little difference in cost. Another hint. The property is not far from the airport, either.

This was definitely one of the best Hilton hotels I have stayed at, and I am a frequent Hilton traveler. I will be staying here on my next trip to San Jose.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We always enjoy hearing back from our valued customers and appreciate the great review. We do offer a convenient location and the Light Rail system just outside our door makes getting around quite easy. I am so pleased that you had a memorable check-in experience...that always gets a stay off to a great start. As the guestroom is a big part of your stay, I am pleased that you found your accommodations to be comfortable and nicely decorated. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 8 August 2014

In town on business for a couple of days, I needed a place to stay that was convenient for transit, and the Hilton fit the bill perfectly. Located right next to the Convention Center light rail stop, I was able to take light rail to and from the airport, and also to my meetings next to the Race light rail station. If you are driving, the hotel shares parking with the convention center, and is very convenient if you are in town for a convention.

This Hilton has a very funky vibe, with wall art in the room that features closeups of vintage typewriters, retro furniture, and a general Silicon Valley hip atmosphere. The bar is very nicely done, but the restaurant was a bit of a letdown, feeling more like a cafeteria than a hotel in an quality hotel. I have stayed in Holiday Inn Express locations that had more luxurious dining areas, and this is the only thing that drops my review from five stars down to four.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you found our location to be very convenient with quick access to the Light Rail system. We do receive many favorable comments regarding our interior design and unique artwork. Our Affinity Restaurant definitely caters to a more casual, relaxed audience. We are now offering a Grab & Go concept for those guests that are on the run. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Norhern california
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A typical Hilton property!

Outstanding customer service, room was super clean and very comfy bed and pillows and centrally located, Nice small bar and the restaurant is small in size and the menu is simple but very good food. Prices are in the $$ to $$$ range. Valet is super friendly and fast delivery. Like any other downtown hotel the parking rate is $30.00 per day,,, OUCH!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. It is always great to hear back from our valued customers about their stay with us. We are truly dedicated to outstanding service and at Hilton we will always "Make it Right!" I am so pleased that you enjoyed your comfortable accommodations, as well as, our Affinity Restaurant and Bar. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Gary Hageman / General Manager / Hilton San Jose