“Last minute reservation, I was pleasantly suprised.”

Ranked #48 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

The motel is on a busy street, out room was against the street & the noise wasn't bad. The room was nicer than I expected from the pictures. I could only get a room with a king size bed, so we brought a cot for my son & there was plenty of room. The breakfast room was small, but it did the job.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Marcey P
ClarionSJC, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2015

Dear Marcey,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn Silicon Valley

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Fred at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very spacious; we had two double beds, a kitchen sink, fridge, and a very large and clean bathroom. I was very impressed with the cleanliness and I would stay here again the next time in san jose. Good value and good location. Thanks so much!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Danielle N

Dear Danielle,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Traveled by car. In town for business. Arrived a bit early for check-in, called motel and was greeted by the kindest, most professional gentleman. He stated we could check in early. We appreciated that, since our event started before the regular check-in time, and if we had not been able to settle into our room prior, it would have been a pretty late check-in. We were located in the back building, ground level. It was nice to be able to park right in front of our room. The room had plenty of space, fridge, microwave. Bathroom sink vanity was separate from bathtub/shower/toilet room and had plenty of space for my cosmetics and toiletries. There was a desk and chair in the room also, which was great to set up my laptop. Beds were comfortable enough to get a decent night's sleep. We were about 15 min. drive from the SAP Center. As far as the neighborhood was concerned, we had a very quiet stay. I noticed heading out for the continental breakfast that the hotel is sandwiched in between apartments. There was a gal in the parking lot of her apartment building in her PJs playing fetch with her dog. Didn't bother me in the least. There were business associates who were also staying at the hotel. None of us felt it was a "bad" neighborhood. We all had our own private vehicles, so never just walked around the neighborhood. Saw train tracks, some graffiti, a few ethnic eateries...so what?? Continental breakfast was appreciated. Plenty of fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee, tea, juice, waffles, muffins, toast, cereal..basic, and met our needs. Especially appreciated that it was available early. As I stated before, the gentleman at the front desk was very kind and very accommodating to our needs. The reason for my Average review was that the room itself was more of a 2, and the front desk was at a 4. There were 4 things that made our room a 2: First, the lighting was VERY VERY dim. Second, EVERY outlet was so loose, that everything we plugged in (phone chargers, plug for laptop, toothbrush charger, even the iron to press our clothes) just fell out of them. We had to stand at an outlet, holding our phone charger in the outlet to get a minor charge. Third, the shower head was a bit plugged, and had a stream of water that shot over the shower rod, resulting in nearly the entire bathroom floor flooded after each shower. And Fourth, there were ants in the room. It was not overrun with them, but I did find them in the bathroom, in my bed, a few were crawling on me, and there were a few on my luggage. We went down to the front desk to report it the day we checked out, but no one was there to speak to. The good news is that according to the front desk personnel, the motel is soon to be completely renovated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear LuvScuba,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Good position, 15 minutes away from downtown San Jose (by bus). Big rooms, clean, with all you can need. Many power plugs. Free WiFi. The staff was polite and helpful. I didn't have the opportunity to notice anything about the neighborhoods, cause I have been out for all the days of my stay. Very close to the airport too (Mineta International Airport), so that the cab trip charge is lower than 35$.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Fabio M
ClarionSJC, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Fabio,

We are very pleased that you had planned and executed an memorable stay in San Jose. We very much appreciate your kind words to detail all those facets that made your time here successful. We are updating the hotel in a significant fashion and appreciate the time and effort you took to show us off.

Have a safe journey and enjoy your travels.

Regards,

J Smith
408 972 2200
Presidents Inn San Jose - Capitol Caltrain Station

Reviewed 14 February 2014

After reading some of the prior comments I was a little worried about what the room would be like. We had a very difficult time finding a room in San Jose on the night that we wanted because we waited too long to book. However, I was pleasantly surprised that our room was spacious, the carpet looked relatively new, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had a nice large flat screen TV with Direct TV channels, a microwave, refrigerator, free wi-fi and coffee pot in the room. For only $114 a night, I was very pleased with our stay. The neighborhood was not the best but other than that we would have no problem recommending the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank SueD-M502
ClarionSJC, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Respected Traveller and Guest,

We truly appreciate your recognition on our social review site. Sounds like you had a fun trip and enjoyed your time in San Jose. We will continue to provide you with great service and are actively addressing the issue of a fresh outlook to the property.

Come again.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I usually read a lot of reviews before I pick a hotel but I didn't see anything about how this hotel was in a bad part of the town. As we were driving to the hotel, my mother in law who was in another vehicle behind us decided to turn right instead of following us. We ended up turning into the ampm that was 2 blocks away to wait for her. Well according to my husband, we parked next to a vehicle that looked like they were doing a drug deal :/ Hmm ok. We got a hold of my mother in law and she said she was already at the hotel, so we leave. When we get to the hotel, the receptionist tells us that we should make sure that we take EVERYTHING out of our car. My mother in law says "even the stroller?" and the receptionist said "EVERYTHING" Ok so we take all of our stuff out of our car then. The hotel itself was fine. Everything was dated, but it was fine. The beds and the carpets were clean which was good. The chair however though had a bunch of crumbs in the button holes. The bathroom wasn't cleaned very well though, there were a lot of hairs on the counter, some were short and curly which makes me wonder...The room had a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The fridge had a separate freezer compartment which was good because I was actually able to get water bottles frozen since we were driving to Disneyland the next day. The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast, cold cereal, toast, bagels, waffles, juice, coffee, and tea. We paid almost $100 for the one night there and I feel like it was too much. We stayed at 4 different hotels on our trip and this one was the worst and the most expensive and it was in a bad neighborhood. All in all the room itself served its purpose, we had a clean bed and a place to shower. However for the price and considering the neighborhood I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kwanjai206

Dear Guest,

We are truly sorry to hear that your guest experience did not meet our high standards. We can understand your dissatisfaction and apologize for that. We will bring immediate attention to these issues and resolve them.

J. Smith

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Knowing I would not have a car during two nights in San Jose, I was attracted to the notion that this place, while a little more expensive than some, is on the Caltrain line, as I was coming through town on Amtrak. It is indeed on the line, but only for very limited early morning and night stops on WEEKDAYS, and I learned it the hard way, arriving on a Saturday night! Otherwise, the place was nicely-appointed, with a good room and breakfast. Most of the staff were fine, but some didn't want to be bothered.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
ClarionSJC, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share on our social media site. We are truly sorry you did not receive the attention to helping you understand the CALTRAIN schedule from our Capitol Station. We are truly pleased to hear that you we're so excited to use the Caltrain Commuter Train service. We will find ways to incorporate the limited nature of service times on our in room gsd, guest reception and virtual directory at www.clarionbayarea.com Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We look forward to your return.

I have also shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words and will work on a more receptive attention. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We have thoughtfully prepared and maintained in room convenience appliances, premium entertainment and an upscale décor for our SMART Money guests. We are impressed with you choosing us.

Presidents Inn San Jose