Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley
Courtyard
US$481
US$458
  • Breakfast included
Hampton Inn & Suites San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$175
US$254
US$246
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$164
Dolce Hayes Mansion(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$172
US$376
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$624
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
San Jose Marriott(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$561
US$535
US$1,029
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice lobbybusiness centerbed was very comfortabledinafreeway
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I booked this hotel because it was the cheapest SPG hotel in the area for the dates I needed. I figured out it used to be a Holiday Inn when I put in the address and my iphone recognized it as a Holiday Inn. It looks more like a former hacienda though.

If you are looking for a safe, clean, relaxing place to stay, you've found it. If you are nitpicky and can't deal with scratches on the furniture, look elsewhere. I enjoyed my two day stay. I was always greeted with a smile by the staff. I never heard any of the other guest or maids banging around or vacuuming. I was able to sleep until 9 with no problem and was on the second floor over looking the pool.

This hotel has huge floors, i.e 80-100 rooms per floor, so if you get a room like 357 for example, be prepared to walk a LONG way down the hallway. The Internet was quick and always worked. The shower was hot and the fridge in the suite I was upgraded to, although old, kept my left overs cold and my ice cream frozen.

I went for a walk around the office park and up the hill to a public park for a quick morning stroll while everyone was fighting traffic. The area is very tranquil and beautiful.

This is obviously an older hotel, but they have done a decent job of fixing it up.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I ended up at this hotel because my client's travel agency booked me there. It's away from everything, which could be a plus or a minus, depending on your perspective. The huge parking lot was full, so I guess it's popular enough, but that may be for the bar across the parking lot. The room was actually a suite, and was quite large. There was a slight smell of stale smoke (whether from a previous guest or coming in from somewhere, I don't know), though, which kind of ruined the air quality for me. I kept the fan on high, despite the noise level.

The odd thing was that in the bedroom, there was nowhere to hang clothes. I mean nowhere - no closet, no rod, no hangers. There was a room-length dresser with cloth pull-out baskets, but I wasn't about to use those - who knows what previous guest put something gross in them? - so I hoisted my suitcase up onto the dresser top and left everything in there.

The room service was VERY slow - I waited over an hour and had to call twice because they were busy at the bar - and the food was basic pub food: deep-fried everything. Because I'm gluten and dairy free, I thought I wouldn't be able to find anything on the menu that wasn't covered in batter, so had a salad. And the second night, I ate before I went to the hotel.

For two nights, it was OK, but I would never choose this hotel of my own volition.

2  Thank rahelab
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Arriving late in the evening at San Jose airport and continuing to San Francisco the next day, my wife and I stayed for one night at the Four Points - perfect choice. The location is very convenient, about 20 mins by car from San Jose airport, and very close to the highway. The factory outlets at Gilroy are also a 20 mins drive, San Francisco about one hour, provided traffic is ok.
Our room was clean, modern and functional. Check-in/out friendly and fast. Breakfast is served in a restaurant across the parking lot, with sufficient choices. Overall, a very convenient hotel if you need a place to stay while passing through the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, not facing the parking lot or nearby highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jtkJakarta
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We're happy to hear our hotel and restaurant met your expectations for your stop-over on your way to San Francisco. Cheers!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Dated decor (bedside phone for example out of order), the $50+ each way cab fare to the city and fact that internet connection is hit-and-miss makes it a-not-so-smart option for business travellers. The restaurant isn't great and it's the only eatery within reasonable walking distance. The bar shuts at 10:00, there is no bar fridge in King Delux so if you are a big drinker you might not find it very comfortable. That said, it makes up some of the shortcoming with very nice staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Wyndham Garden San Jose Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the feedback about the internet and the décor. We do mention on our site the cab fare prices and the hours for our restaurant and bar. We are glad to hear you received good customer service. Again, thanks for writing us a review.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times this year and each time it is about the same.
The hotel staff are exceptional, the daytime staff at the front desk are among the best I have had the pleasure of dealing with throughout the SPG chain. The night staff were a bit lacking in their ability to offer outstanding customer service, the woman checking me in argued with me that I was not an SPG Gold member despite my Gold card that I showed upon check-in.
The rooms are a typical Holiday Inn decor and quality. The wallpaper is peeling, the bathrooms are tired and not always functioning properly (leaking taps and showers). That being said, the bed is amazing and a true Sheraton quality, I always sleep like a baby when I stay here.
I choose this property for the value, when I book last minute or all other properties in the Bay Area are over $300/night this Four Points is under $200 and usually always has space. Certainly not recommended for couples looking for a romantic night out, but functional and acceptable for business purposes and passing through.

1  Thank metta_bhavana