“Good West Coast Barbeque”
Review of Sam's Barbeque

Sam's Barbeque
Ranked #145 of 2,198 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I titled this "Good West Coast Barbeque" because anyone who has been to the southern states or midwest knows that our barbeque selection in California pales to what you can get in those other states. Nevertheless, if you are in the South Bay Area, Sam's is a great place to get traditional BBQ meals. The selection is good and so is the food. I've tried most of the dishes to include the chicken, pork ribs and grilled pork chops. The barbeque is cooked "low and slow" and the meat is tender. Portions sizes are fair as you will certainly get enough to eat. Service is walk-up and the employees are friendly. Sam's has been a long-time favorite for locals in the South Bay Area.

2  Thank CA2Hawaii
There are newer reviews for Sam's Barbeque

Reviewed 20 December 2012

I have an Argentinean friend who knows grilled meat. This has become our favorite place to meet. Portions are good and the prices are reasonable. I have only gone at lunch, so we missed the entertainment. But the place is always busy and, on a nice day, you can sit outside.

I can't tell you it is the best small BBQ in San Jose because I don't know them all but it beats any of the chain restaurants in the area that say they have authentic BBQ.

Enjoy

1  Thank MC994
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I was the winner. Memorial weekend went to Sam's and found a festive crowd and a live Bluegrass Band playing. I got the pork ribs and it was hands down the hit of our group. BBQ and no clean up, what a way to go.

1  Thank Dianna R
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Whenever I am in the South Bay and have time, I never miss Sam's. The food is consistently good, the prices are fair, and most often there is a live band playing that always adds to the experience. If you're close by, it shouldn't be missed.

1  Thank bagpipe
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Ribs, BBQ sauce, chicken, burgers....it's all good. They even have a bluegrass band playing some evenings! Kids will like the train that goes around the whole room up near the ceiling!