“I'll be back”

Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City
Ranked #31 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Nice place! Some of my colleagues stayed at the Hilton or Marriott near the convention center; I chose this place as having a way more reasonable price. No regrets at all: no crowds, free parking, free wi-fi, well-maintained room and furnishings, little fridge and microwave, iron & ironing board, big TV with DirecTV, free hot breakfast (bacon, ham, sausage, eggs, biscuits & gravy, cinnamon rolls, muffins, pastries, fruit, yogurt, etc.)...and they even give ya a little welcome goody bag with munchies. Staff were nice too. What the heck more do you want? If you want fancy, this isn't your place. I don't need fancy. Next time I'm in San Jose, I'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Steve2660, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you so very much for such a honest review of our hotel,jerrycrash.It was a pleasure to have you at our hotel.Guest like yourself make each of our staff 's day.They put in alot of effort and treat every guest as very special.We do really appreciate your business and we are very proud to have you here.Thanks so much again

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We were in town to watch a couple of San Jose Sharks games at the SAP arena, it is a 10 minute drive, tops. The rooms are very big, with lots of closet space, free wifi, coffee and water. The free breakfast was very good as well and the rooms were quiet for a good nights sleep. Ideal.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave T
Steve2660, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you Dave for a wonderful review of our hotel,we do take pride in our hotel and we are so happy you have acknowledged our efforts.We know that you have lots of choices in San Jose but you stayed with us-we really value your business..thanks again

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I was born/raised in San Jose but have lived in Montana for close to 20 yrs now.
I came for a visit for my nephew's wedding and to see family/friends.
In planning my trip I made a terrible mistake in reserving a room in another hotel (no names mentioned) in a VERY unpleasant area - I mentioned to the mgr that his reviews were not very good - he convinced me he is in process of major cleaning/renovating & that I will be impressed with my accommodations PLUS the price he offered me was very cheap - I was always unfamiliar with South SJ area as opposed to north area... but was not worried much.
I survived a Wed & Thurs. night at the horrible hotel and had to scurry around - on a Friday! - to find cleaner and safer lodging. I called a few places, but communication with front desk was a huge challenge and I could not understand so much foreign language.
Finally, I called HIExpress on Monterey Rd and Rema (sp?) was SO pleasant and understanding, along with another receptionist (Kopal) with my situation that she did her very best to get me a room without paying a ton more $$$ - I feel they both went over and beyond their duty to please me....
I entered my room and I couldn't believe what a difference my accommodations were - There was not a thing I lacked in my new room. I honestly believe they gave me their best room (101) - I might mention that this HIExpress was only 4 miles or so north of the bad place I originally chose.... but with major differences.
I woke my first morning to a full on breakfast in a pristine lobby with respectable clientele.
I will continue to seek this hotel during my next visit.
Thank you HIExpress and your wonderful staff!
Jackie B.

Room Tip: Ground Floor beginning at Room 101 which is at the far right corner of hotel - quiet enough.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jlu712
Steve2660, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thanks so much Jackie for taking time in posting comments about your stay at our hotel.We are so pleased that you felt so satisfied with the quality of service we offer to our valuable guests.You have made our employees very proud.Our employees take a lot of pride in their work.We feel that every guest is so special to us.Please come visit us again while you are in San Jose-your home away from home

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Hotel room like new! New carpet, nice bathroom, granite counters. Regular customer checking in. The pool is fairly small, size of 2-3 hot tubs. The location is not on the best side of town, but not too far away either. New shopping center nearby. Maybe up and coming area. Continental breakfast includes eggs, sausage, Bacon, pancakes, cereal, pastries, etc. Good value. Service was great, tv not working when arrived, and management came right up to fix connection. Very pleased to stay in a new hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013
Steve2660, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thanks so much Brickhouse99 for your review.We do appreciate your kind business and are so thankful that you have recognised the efforts of our staff.Please keep us in your travel plans whenever you are in San Jose.Thanks once again

Reviewed 2 August 2013

It is nice hotel, but placed closed to the center of San Jose. Sometimes you can hear more noise from the main road which is pretty close to the hotel. But nothing crucial. Area around the hotel looks like suburb, but you can find park cross the road, shopping center is also quite close. Services in the hotel are quite good to stay there and enjoy the surrounding of the Sillicon Valley.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thanks Matejuse for your nice review regarding our hotel.We know while you do have many hotel choices in San Jose,you chose us for your accommodation needs and we are very thankful for that.You did make our day.All guests at our hotel are very special and very dear to us..thanks so much once again

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Not too bad for the cost, Industrial area of the city, but it has a great shopping center just minutes away with a lot of good places to eat. 10 minute drive to the downtown area and San Jose State University.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Roger M

Thanks Roger for taking time to write a wonderful review for our hotel.We do appreciate it it and it has overjoyed our employees.We do celeberate when our guests appreciate our hardwork.Thanks so much once again

Reviewed 15 July 2013

If you plan on going to the Winchester Mystery House, then this is the hotel for you! The front desk provides two adult tickets with a night's stay as part of the price. Furthermore, you can purchase additional tickets at a discounted rate.

The hotel was a typical roadside version of a motel...outside corridors, two stories. The rooms were clean, but not overly spacious. There was a pipe leak when we first arrived, so we had no water for a spell. So, we enjoyed ourselves in the Jacuzzi, and the water was back on when we returned to our room.

The rooms are cooled with a typical wall unit a/c. It's semi-loud, but only a whisper if you use ear plugs. A recommendation to the staff is to use the air for the gym, as it takes too long for an entire room to cool down for you to work out. I know they save on electricity, but the gym was not at all inviting, given the room was about 90 degrees.

The beds were nice and clean, and roomy. And, the firm and soft pillow choices were a nice touch. The breakfast had a nice variety, and the buffet was clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ToniN705
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Central City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear ToniN705,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your review and all the nice comments about the room you had and the breakfast. It is always our goal to provide the best possible service and create memorable experiences and on this occasion we apologize for the disappointment you had with our facilities. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Karen C