“Surprised how nice it was!”

Country Inn & Suites by Carlson San Jose International Arpt
Ranked #17 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel really impressed me. The staff and the rooms are very nice. The rooms are very well appointed. Would definitely stay here on my next visit to San Jose. The value for the price was superb. By mistake I stopped at the Holiday Inn (not Express) around the corner and although the other facility was much bigger, the staff was not as nice and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank snshn3
Charles H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson San Jose International Arpt, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express San Jose International Airport. We are glad that everything went well with your stay and that we were able to provide good service.

We do hope that the next time you are in the San Jose area, you do come can stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I recently booked six rooms for myself and my employees who were coming into the states from outside the country. A few days later I received a phone call from Tony Hill, the hotel manager. He was checking to see if we needed anything further than the reservation. I asked him a few questions and he was very helpful. He told us we could ask for him if we had any further questions. He really went above and beyond what you would expect from a manager.

The property was perfect for our business travel. The breakfast was hot, the pool was sparkling clean, the beds were comfortable and the WiFi was fast. The staff was friendly with our out of the country guests. Everything went smoothly. Our company will be staying here every time we visit the area. I would highly suggest this hotel when visiting Silicon Valley.

Thank you for making the stay happily memorable. See you next year.

Room Tip: Each room was equally quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Actually3
Charles H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson San Jose International Arpt, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport. Your business and satisfaction is very important to us. We do hope that the next time you are in San Jose that you do stay with us again.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Pros: very comfortable, soft beds, free breakfast including items I like such as soy milk (1 of the 3 days) bagels, peanut butter, cereals, several vegan options. Close to the light rail train to downtown. Adequate gym including 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, a bike and a weight machine. Pool and sauna, lots of free parking. Good water pressure in shower.
Cons: rooms are not too attractive. My favorite cable TV station was available, but no signal for most of the time I was watching. Building is a confusing labyrinth, but there are signs to direct you to lobby, etc. not too much in the immediate area.
I can't comment on the value as my organization booked it, I don't know what the rate was.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Merris W
Charles H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson San Jose International Arpt, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in last month for business. Found reasonable prices here compared to locations nearer to my business. The location is not that great, but parking lot felt safe to me and I did have a car to run around. Remodeling seemed done in the part of the hotel (which is an interesting labyrinth of rooms, corridors, courtyard) where I was on 2nd floor. Room was clean, updated furniture and bathroom. Fridge & microwave in room; several new machines in fitness room. Breakfast area was clean, food was standard Holiday Inn Express, ample, and hot.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dougar
Charles H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson San Jose International Arpt, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Reviewed 22 December 2013

The online photos are not what I saw. The rooms are in the process of being remodeled and even the new stuff looks old. The chairs look like they are from the 70s, dirty and worn out.

What was even worse was the staff. I called to check on the safety of the hotel and they told me they could not tell me anything on the phone. I would have to come to the hotel first. The manager also told me no hotel was safe and they could not advise on safety.

The facilities are dingy and dark with POOR service. Would recommend staying somewhere else. Management tried to have this post removed rather than addressing the issues. I also call Holiday Inn to report the problem.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank AllSeven7Continents
Charles H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson San Jose International Arpt, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Thank you once again for notifying us that we are under renovation. We do notify our guests that certain areas of the hotel is under renovation during their stay.We do not place guests in areas that are being renovated. Regarding your safety concern, we did notify you that we do have a security guard BUT how safe a person feels is still up to the individual and his or her actions.

We did notify both TripAdvisor and IHG Customer Care regarding your review. Since you were not a paying guest and did not stay on our property, they decided to remove your previous review.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed at this motel for two nights in early November for business. I would have preferred to stay in Mountain View, Palo Alto, or Cupertino, but was unable to find a room. All of the motels in this area take advantage of the business travelers....rooms between $149-$189 were all taken and then jumped up to $329-$349 and up. To fit my budget I had to choose HIE and I still had to pay over $200 a night here. The room had recently been renovated and was very nice, and included kitchenette, fridge, etc. The hotel is designed in such a way that its very easy to get lost. There is only one restaurant within walking distance - across the street - which is questionable at best. I did not eat breakfast here, nor did I have my room cleaned. I checked out a day early to move to the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 100nitesperyear
Charles H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson San Jose International Arpt, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that we were able to provide you with good service and your accommodation needs were met. Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay. There are other restaurants within walking distance, we have a pre-printed list available for our guests at the front desk.

We hope that next time you to San Jose, we will have the pleasure of you having stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed two nights in this hotel for a quick business trip. I was given a king bed standard room on the first floor. The bathroom was dated - slow leak in the shower which left the drain rusted. The actual room was rather large. The desk and other furniture were quite sufficient and the bed was comfortable. There was a security guard watching the parking lot all night which was comforting.

The breakfast was the best part about the hotel. They had a large selection of baked goods and hot foods. Bacon, eggs, fresh biscuits, and fresh made pancakes were available. They also provided a nice selection of drinks.

Given the lower rate compared to most hotels in the area I would stay here again. They also had a airport shuttle that I did not use since I had a rental car.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank knup342
Charles H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson San Jose International Arpt, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013