All reviewsdecently priced hotelcar rental returnshuttle vanroom was cleancomfortable king bedsketchy neighborhoodearly morning flightmini suitekitchen areathe vta light railpool viewwould stay here againupgraded to a suitefree wifiolder hotelnice hotelbreakfast included
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Holiday inn does it again. Clean rooms, great service. Love the 24 hour coffee and tea station. Very good free breakfast included (you'll find hot pancakes made fresh, sausage, omelets, even miso soup is available!
Fitness center equipment is pretty clean and new.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Billy C
Charles H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose International Airport, CA, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express San Jose International Airport. We are glad that everything went well with your stay and that we were able to provide good service. We will pass your comments over to our staff!

We do hope that the next time you are in the San Jose area, you do come can stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I arrived at this hotel late in the afternoon on a Wednesday, and I was very hungry after a long flight. I asked the front desk associate if there was a nearby hotel, and he recommended a restaurant across the (very busy) street. It was just before 3pm at the time, and I didn't immediately see a restaurant guide in the room. So after dropping my luggage in my room, I headed to the restaurant only to discover that it wouldn't open for another 2 hours. Disappointed and very hungry, I had asked the adjacent hotel if there were other nearby options, and they recommended that I walk a few blocks down the street to a bowling alley which also had an attached diner. I thought that the front desk associate at the Holiday Inn should have known what time the restaurant served food. Moreover, I was very surprised to see a $1.00 charge on my bill for "Marketing Tourism Assessment". I have no idea what this charge is actually for, but I certainly hope it isn't for a recommendation that I was unable to take because the restaurant was closed.

Upon returning to my room, I did more searching and finally found a restaurant/hotel guide in the desk drawer. Be sure to look there if you are looking for restaurant options!

As for the accommodations, they were reasonably comfortable and I slept well in the bed. I find Holiday Inn Express beds to be very comfortable. The bathroom was semi-clean, but could have been cleaner. There was a very large gap between the floor and the door to my hotel room, so large that I could see the feet of people walking by. I used a towel to cover the gap as it was awkward and I could hear every noise outside my room.

There is free wifi and breakfast at this hotel, which is nice. I enjoyed the pancake machine.

Overall, I would not choose this hotel again because it really was in the middle of nowhere. But if location doesn't matter to you, you'll likely get a decent night's sleep here and breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Charles H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose International Airport, CA, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express San Jose International Airport. We are glad that everything went well with your stay. Our staff should have provided you with more detailed information.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

It has recently been renovated and I thought it was very nice. The staff was very nice and accommodating. My problem was there are no adjacent restaurants. The closest restaurant is a Denny's about 1 1/2 blocks away. In that short walk in the late afternoon, I saw drugs being sold and heard very loud arguments from an apartment complex. My flight left early the next morning before their breakfast opened at 6:30 AM. I wanted something substantial because of a long day flying. I did not feel safe walking this route in the dark. Fortunately the room had a microwave and refrigerator with a tiny freezer. I bought frozen breakfast items at a 7-11 and combined with the in-room coffee for a filling breakfast. The shuttle driver called off sick so the hotel paid for a cab, much to my appreciation. If I have a similar need in the future, I'll probably go for the Holiday Inn (provided they offer a shuttle) as it's next door to the Denny's.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Charles H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose International Airport, CA, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express San Jose International Airport. We are glad that everything went well with your stay and that we were able to provide good service. Next time you do stay with us and have an early flight, when you schedule the shuttle ride, also let the front desk know that you would like a breakfast bag and they will prepare one for you to go.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had a great stay in a King Suite with a king size bed and sleeper sofa. It was nice & clean. It had a kitchenette and a large bathroom, as well. Nice breakfast in the AM, pretty typical of Holiday Inn Express It is close to downtown San Jose, the airport, and California's Great America. We had a change to the reservation with four of us in the room instead of one and the hotel staff was quite accommodating. My family joined my friend that had already booked the room and stays at Holiday Inn Express locations quite often. We didn't think we would be able to make the drive to meet up with him, but I ended up leaving work earlier than expected. The hotel seemed a little larger than most and had a sprawling lay out to it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bruce F
Charles H, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, San Jose International Airport, CA, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The industrial garages nearby put me off a bit at first, but once I got used to the neighborhood, I was fine. The place is small but adequate, the staff pleasant and accommodating. The pool is small and clean with a nice but way too tepid hot tub spa. Turn it up a few degrees, please. 3 blocks west is the light rail line on 1st St. For fun I rode the streetcar, I mean light rail line, downtown for lunch at a street cafe, and back. I enjoyed my stay here. Would have stayed another day but rates magically mysteriously changed so I moved on.

Stayed: July 2014