“Emperor Nortons”

Emperor Norton's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Emperor Norton's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #921 of 2,483 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: Welcome to Emperor Norton's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria, a San Jose dining tradition for over four decades. Visit us today and discover why this family-owned and operated restaurant continues to remain a favorite destination for our neighboring communities and beyond. In addition to our extensive menu choices, we offer catering services and banquet facilities.
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Their food is great, great ambiance, wonderful italian food

Reviewed 29 May 2012

If you are looking for original Italian food this is the place! We visited with some friends and had some good food with some good friends. We'll be back!

Reviewed 1 December 2011

This little Italian restaurant has been in our South San Jose neighborhood for years...over 30 if I remember correctly.
Nothing spectacular about the facility itself, but the food is good, solid, traditional Italian fare.
We had the eggplant parmigiana and a chicken/pasta dish. Excellent San Francisco-style sour dough bread and outstanding service.
We've been there before and will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 22 May 2010

Don't try the lasagna - it tasted good, but apparently wasn't, because we both got sick from it.

Reviewed 22 September 2008

We were exhausted and hungry after dropping our freshman son off at SCU, but couldn't find food close to our Hotel that wasn't the same as home in Oregon. After driving around with no results and returning to the Hotel still hungry, the front desk told me about two local Pizza places. One turned out to be a pizza chain with mixed reviews so I called the other, Emperor Norton’s and ordered a Pizza to go.

What we got was great pizza, a 30-year family owned restaurant, really nice people and above and beyond service. The owner took my phone order even though they had already closed. When I arrived a few minutes later I was greeted by friendly staff in a plain but warm atmosphere. I had a nice conversation with the owner and then read the true story of Emperor Norton that I found on the back of the menu.

The whole experience was great! If I lived in the area I would become a regular.

Emperor Norton tuned out was a successful 1850’s San Francisco businessman that went broke and later proclaimed himself "Emperor of these United States". He apparently became a fixture of the then San Francisco scene. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_A._Norton for some fun history.