“Horrible customer service!!!!!”

Ranked #356 of 2,310 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We went to peggy sues strictly for dessert. We ordered a couple milk shakes, and a couple sundaes. After sitting waiting for 20 minutes I went up to ask what the hold up was. I saw that the men in front of us in line had already been given there burgers and were about done eating. I found the staff not making our desserts and when asked the ditzy cashier said "O I though someone already made them." She then brought out my order but not the desserts for the other 2 orders we placed. I had 2 young kids with me and after being there for 45 minutes and still not having our correct order I went to ask for a refund on what hadn't been delivered. I was instructed to talk to Saif. He then informed me he is the "manager" on duty but can't authorize a refund. I explained that someone at this restaurant can authorize a refund and he assured me that they can not. He was extremely rude along with the rest of the staff who didn't seem bothered at all that this is the service we received. I would not recommend this place to anyone and will never go back myself. I left with 2 upset little kids.

1  Thank Christene D

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We probably waited far too long for the average fare at Peggy Sue's but we were walking. It was crowded, busy and not overly clean.

The food was average with the exception of the excellent onion rings.

Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

Just another diner, nothing special. Food is just okay, but the atmosphere is pretty cool. Other than that, I wouldn't fully recommend or crave.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

A classic hangout pre-Sharks game. Teal everywhere. Been going here for years, however, the burger quality has decreased and still overpriced. Good shakes and fun atmosphere. However, they're hiding the pickles behind the counter now. A little stingy. Not the way it used to be...

Reviewed 25 January 2013

I used to work in downtown San Jose and ate here all the time. The burgers are not as good as I remember them. I think they have changed owners since I lived there. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as it used to be.

Been to Peggy Sue's? Share your experiences!