“Milkshakes good”

Ranked #821 of 2,235 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The milkshakes here are pretty good, but their grilled cheese sandwich was average at best. I'd usually prefer Johnny Rockets, but this is a nice diner as well.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Peggy Sue's is conveniently located within walking distance of several hotels surrounding the San Jose convention center, at two locations about 10 minutes' walk between each other. The diner is well-themed, chalk full of Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, and other 50's icons plastered on the walls, with period replica diner furniture and counter tops to boot. The plethora of cluttered memorabilia borders on kitsch, but it makes the venue quite atmospheric as a family dining destination. The prices are a bit on the high-side for diner food, but is comparable for the premium of other area restaurants in the downtown area. Try the chorizo burritos - greasy but tasty for a filling brunch!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Went there in November 2013 with a colleague. We ordered ham burgers and a milk-shake each. The food was awesome. The price was reasonable. The staff was friendly and their service was good.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were killing time until an evening flight out of San Jose. I was planning to eat at one of the nicer establishments in North Pedro, but my daughter had a craving for a hot dog, so we ended up here. Tacky 50's decor, and all the televisions had the football game on (which I did not mind). Order your food at the counter and then wait for it to be brought out. They boast about their many varieties of french fries, yet their serving sizes are very skimpy. Husband's fish fry was OK, and my daughter was satisfied with her hot dog. My hamburger, on the other hand, was nothing to write home about. They never asked how I wanted it, and it was dry and bland. I wish we had gone somewhere else.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had breakfast five of our seven day stay in San Jose. Service is great, friendly servers, neat 50's place just like you are stepping back in time! Loved it!!!
Good prices, clean, just a great place to eat.

Been to Peggy Sue's? Share your experiences!