“Good Mexican restaurant”

Adelita's Taqueria
Ranked #322 of 2,224 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We really enjoy going to Adelita's. The food is really good and serving quite big.
We like the decoration and they have live music regularly which makes it even more pleasant to eat there.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

ate here for late dinner/drinks. place was packed. ate outside, al fresca which was nice-weather permitting. definitely enjoyed, started off a great, and somewhat wild night in downtown campbell

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Their tacos are really good and fresh, the meat is fresh they make it on the spot and the tortillas are not soggy like in other places. The quesadillas are also really good. They have a chicken soup with vegetables that my son loves to eat when we go there and he is a picky eater. This place is very good and they have different salsas and grilled jalapeno peppers with onions if you want to get some yourself.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

We were on our way to another Mexican restaurant in the area when we passed Adelitas. We had seen it many times when the Color Carousel paint store was next door (but never eaten there), but after the paint store closed, Adelitas has now expanded into that space and doubled their size. We glanced as we passed, it looked inviting, so then turned around and came back to give it a try.

Ordering is done from a counter, and you pick up your own food when it's ready. This was not a problem. They did not have fresh brewed iced tea, only soda machine dispensed tea, so I passed on that. We examined a number of tables to find a clean one, which is somewhat of a turn-off. You have to bus your own dishes at Adelitas, but few people wipe the table down, and I never saw an employee assisting diners with this during our dinner. But we did find a reasonably clean table.

I was surprised that we had to pay for chips and salsa, but we put in two orders for the four of us. The quality of the chips and salsa is my first test of any worthwhile Mexican Restaurant – “How fresh are the chips, and how flavorful is the salsa?” Adelitas failed on both counts. The chips tasted like they were out of a bag — they were baked (rather than fried) and were slightly stale. On the plus side, they provided two kinds of salsa plus guacamole! Both of the salsas were pretty flavorless — not even a hint of kick or even flavor to them. And there was not much salsa provided. Oh oh, if the first test failed, what’s to come when the real food arrives?

I had the fish taco combination platter (two tacos, rice, and beans). The tacos were reasonably filled, but there was no spice to them. A good salsa would have helped these to achieve modest acceptability. But the way they were served, there was no blending of flavors into a mouth-watering delight. Rather, I could taste the tortilla, the lettuce (not cabbage), the fish, etc. The tacos were just plain bland. The refried beans were just OK, and the rice was just OK. Nothing special or really tasty.

The restaurant interior is fine. There was a Karaoke corner in the restaurant, but on this Thursday night, it was not in use. Had the food been good, I would return. But I felt that we had a sure thing in the restaurant we were originally planning to eat at, and we simply should not have turned around — next time we’ll just keep going past.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

if you want fresh and quality, stop at Adelita's, they been my neighbors for over 15 years and my children grew up on Adelita's !! :)
clean, tasty and great flavor, i would recommend it any time!
try their green enchiladas, or chile verde plate (i guess i like the verde sauce)
and enjoy!!