“Okay food, good service”

Don Pedro's Restaurant
Ranked #464 of 2,163 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Claremont, New Hampshire
“Okay food, good service”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Even though this is a small and somewhat hidden, the service was good. The food was okay. It appears to be a place the locals frequent and that added to the charm.

Visited June 2013

“Great Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 25 December 2012 via mobile

After being closed for . . . forever . . . Don Pedro's has returned. Same menu, same food, updated and more modern fixtures. Even many of the same wait staff. Good basic Mexican fare.

1 Thank Stephen P
New York City, New York
“Authentic Mexican Food”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Loved this little hole in the wall type place. Nicely decorated, super fast service and authentic food. Home made salsa and pepper sauces..

Visited November 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always terrific food and superb service, every visit.”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My boyfriend and I eat here at least once every two weeks. Since we always order the same dishes, the waiters put our food order in immediately, first confirming we are ordering the usual. Their food is always consistently delicious and very prompt. Not one complaint. Overall, great customer service and delicious food. Thanks Don Pedros!

Key West, Florida
“Fantastic food, great location, cockroaches ruin the meal.”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I did some extensive research when I was planning on being in San Jose, and found Don Pedro's very well recommended and decided to drop in after I landed at the airport.

It's a rustic place made into a wonderful setting, the food and chips were amazing.

Once I got my main dish and was enjoying the food, I had a small cockroach run across my table (and over my sunglasses). I just quit chewing and stopped eating the meal. As I was trying to get the wait staff's attention, I looked on the floor behind the bar and saw yet another cockroach running on the floor behind the bar.

I'm mature enough to know that bugs come and go, but when I asked the manager about it, he said that because of construction from the night club next door, they had been dealing with them (and being treated once per week).

My opinion of the food doesn't change, but leaves me unsettled about what is really going on bug-wise with the restaurant. I neither recommend nor not recommend this restaurant. If it is a temporary problem, they need to get extremely aggressive with it. I would return to try another meal.

• Visited August 2011