“Excellent food. Nice ambiance. Friendly staff. Nice locale.”

Castillos Restaurant
Ranked #303 of 2,367 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 October 2009

I used to live in the neighborhood, and found that I see more old friends there than any other restaurant in the area. Why? Great Mexican food, friendly staff, great service, and nice ambiance. Clean and wll lighted. If I had a complaint, it is probably that it is a little too well lighted (sorry Hemingway). You won't be disappointed. It is always busy, but never a problem getting a table. They could work on their breakfast (coffe is too weak, and meal is a little small for the price). I don't think they take breakfast seriously. It is sort of we are there getting ready for lunch, so why not be open. Anyway, they make up for this at lunch and dinner. I do think that breakfast could be a success with a few improvements.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 24 January 2008

good

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook