“Not user friendly”

Americas Best Value Laguna Inn & Suites
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

I booked this room in advance from Texas. I was scheduled to attend a concert at The Coach Housein San Juan Capistrano and was led to believe this was very near as well as the closest to the venue. Not true. It was on the northern edge of San Juan more like Mission Viejo. When I arrived and saw the location I explained my situation and that it was farther than I was expecting and asked if I could bail out they were very rude and non understanding. Explained their 72 hour cancellation policy and said tough luck. I got stuck with a full price charge. Bad customer service. No compromise. The outside was filthy and unkept I can only imagine the inside. Oh well.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank George A
jp012131, Manager at Americas Best Value Laguna Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Thank you for your review. However, it is incorrect in the fact that our cancellation policy is 48 hours and not 72 that you had mentioned. Also, we do not state that we are the closest hotel to the Coach House, even though we are just a few miles north of the Coach House. As for our exterior and the rooms, most guests think it is actually in great shape. Most of our rooms are Suites with a separate sitting area, some with relaxing Jacuzzis, and all rooms now have either one or two 37" Flat Screen TVs.

Please do come and visit us again and this time take a look at our rooms and rates, and you will be pleasantly surprised at how economical it is compared to the other hotels in the area.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Laguna Inn & Suites

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Was a little apprehensive due to the previous reviews on the noise and other stuff but was indeed thoroughly satisfied. When I notified the clerk of my satisfaction, she asked me if I wouldn't mind going on trip advisor and yelp and reviewing the property. I was happy to oblige. The staff was very nice, the rooms were spacious, clean, and well-maintained. They did not have a flatscreen TV or duvet bedding, but I didn't mind since I just needed a clean and safe place to sleep overnight. Also was watching my budget, so you can't beat it for 80 bucks. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in the area and in need of a hotel.

Room Tip: I like rooms on the higher floor, so nobody is above me.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen932

Thank you for your response. We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay. We work hard to make sure our guests have a positive experience and take their comments into consideration. In fact, we took your review to heart and have now added Flat Screen Tvs to all of our rooms, and improved our bedding décor, without raising our rates Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed 10 September 2012

cockroach the size of a small bird running acorss bed-room floor.

they rented the room next to us to some teenagers & did not notice the 20 kids piling into the room

called front-desk twice nothing done about it

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Smith5490
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Gets one star because 0 in not an option. This hotel has it all, dirty, noisy, used bed linen, etc. The room we were in smelled like Lysol and keeping the windows open did not seem to help. Avoid at all costs.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dellanno31
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed here a couple of years ago -- recommended from the AAA book. This was one of the absolutely WORST places we had EVER stayed!! It is about 1 foot from the freeway and has train tracks on the other side. The room was disgusting -- D-I-R-T-Y!! The bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in several days (or longer). It totally creeped us out! I wrote to AAA and complained -- saying how could they EVER give this place a decent rating----guess what?? They dropped the hotel from their listings the next year!

Room Tip: Go someplace else!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol W
jp012131, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Laguna Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Thank you for your response as we value all opinions. However, your response is a little outdated since it is based on a stay a few years ago. We have since renovated the property with new carpeting, bath tubs, vanities, paint, doors, etc. Our proximity to the freeway is what most of our guests seek. We have double payne windows in our guest rooms for an added level of sound proofing. Furthermore, we now have suites, jacuzzi rooms, family rooms, with free internet access, microwave and fridge, and parking. We encourage you to stay once again at our property and see the difference. Majority of our guests are very pleased with our services, amenities, price, and overall value. Please see response from guest who stayed more recently titled, "Well worth the Price". Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

So, I was able to stay at the Americas Best Value Inn in Laguna Niguel over night. For the price of most standard rooms, I was able to get a room with a king size bed AND a jacuzzi. It was awesome! It takes a little while for the water to fill the tub, but sooo well worth the wait. The room itself is simple and clean, but the jacuzzi... felt like luxury. They offer a free continental breakfast (danish and coffee) which a sweet touch, but it didn't seem worth the trouble. I had a room on the second floor and every once in a while I would hear the metro go by, but it didn't bother me all that much. If you are really sensitive to traffic noise, you may want to get a room more toward the back. I really did enjoy my stay here.

Room Tip: Sign up for their free membership card. It was worth the time signing up was worth the $15 discount...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank hbgirl-forever
Reviewed 20 August 2011

The picture makes this place look half way decent. This hotel is not what it seems. It was extremely run down and gross to say the least. The blinds wouldn't even cover the windows and were broken, the bedding looked about a hundred years old, and the room had a musty smell. Everything was dirty! It was a horrible experience and we contemplated sleeping in the car!! Don't stay here!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gretchen L
jp012131, Manager at Americas Best Value Laguna Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2011

We are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with your stay. We thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We value all comments as they are a way to help us improve or services and accomodations where necessary.

Manangement

Dana Point Marina Inn
Dana Point Marina Inn
#8 of 12 in Dana Point
Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano
Residence Inn Dana Point San Jua...
#2 of 3 in San Juan Capistrano

Been to Americas Best Value Laguna Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!