Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano
Hartsdale, New York
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Wonderful, clean facility. The suite was new, well appointed and modern. If I were to detract a half of a star, it would be for the breakfast and early evening snack. There were a lot of families there and there was not enough food at either meal. They seemed to have only one person trying to service the food area and he was clearly overwhelmed. You really cannot complain, since the food is free. You can choose to be on the freeway, local road or railroad side. I chose railroad and was only wakened once during the night. I will stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Grace M, General Manager at Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Hi Lynne,

Thank you for a wonderful feedback! We are so looking to host you future stay up here in the historic San Juan Capistrano and the beautiful Dana Point area! We are pleased that you enjoyed our amenities, spacious rooms and staff service.

Yes, we continue to review our staffing daily based on demand. Thank you for the feedback.

Have a wonderful summer!

Cheers!
-Grace M.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I was impressed with the new generation of residence inn when I travel i try and stay at residence inn great food clean rooms and friendly staff. The only downfall is pay to park I wish places would just hide the fee by raising price of room a bit

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hello! Thank you for a great feedback! We are so looking forward to host your future stay in the area!

Yes, we have a beautiful custom built Residence Inn by Marriott at the historic City of San Juan Capistrano and the beautiful Dana Point area. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and amenities.

Have a wonderful summer and we hope to see on your next trip!

Cheers!
-Grace
orem, ut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

The location of this hotel is convenient as far as access to freeway and not too far from the ocean. However, it's not really in spot that offers great views. The view out of our room was of the big Costco next door, with a little bit of the ocean behind that. The rooms were clean, quite roomy, and nicely decorated. The breakfast was one of the better I've experienced at a Marriott. I especially enjoyed the blueberries. Staff was friendly and they were accommodative as we arrived two hours before our official check-in time. Only minor complaint would be that there was nobody at the front desk for check-in and check-out, so we had to wait for a bit on both occasions for somebody to show up. Maybe a bell or something like that up at the desk could be useful so we would know how to get somebody's attention.

Room Tip: Neither view is ideal. But I would recommend going on the west side to see the pool and Costco versu...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Grace M, General Manager at Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Hello! Thank you for this wonderful feedback! We are so pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and other hotel amenities. We are so looking forward to host your future stay in the historic City of San Juan Capistrano and the beautiful Dana Point area.

I apologize that there was a delay in your service at the Front Desk. Rest assured that I will address this feedback with my team. Our Front desk service is 24 hours - 7 days a week. Again - our apologies.

Have a wonderful spring!!!!

Grace M.
West Covina, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

So the hotel has their own private parking, and yet they charge $12 dollars a day fee - absurd. Their excuse to me was well we have beach nearby - bogus! No of the other hotels in the area charge a parking fee. Get rid of the fee, as you're not renting the space to park the cars!!! And how else is someone getting to the property??? (Walking?)

Few other things - no dish soap, they give you 1 packet for dishwasher...OMG! To funny, and this is suppose to be ...home away from home...The bathroom - you open the door and it almost hits the toilet. Talk about cramped.

Other this room was clean and workable - TV channels have very few options - due to the new and dumb cable program for tvs...lol!

Room Tip: 3rd floor - quieter...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank E A
Hello!

I trust that you are having a fantastic week! Thank you again for your feedback on regards to your stay with us this month. I totally understand your frustration on our $12 parking fee - however, I just want to share that this is a competitive parking fee vs. other hotels in our market. On the missing amenities in the room - our apologies. Rest assured that this will be shared and addressed with our housekeeping team.

We are hopeful that you can give us another opportuniy to host any of your future stays in the area! Please feel free to reach out to me for any requests or assistance.

Have a wonderful week!

- Grace M.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband, two daughters (ages 4 and 5) stayed at this hotel for one night and had a good experience overall.

• Rooms are nice... we had a corner suite with a separate bedroom so when our girls fell asleep, we were able to hang out in the main living room area and relax without bothering them.
• Our room was right above the basketball courts, pool, etc... but we didn't mind the noise at all.
• Hotel seems to be fairly new so it's clean and well maintained.
• Free breakfast was awesome
• Free WiFi
• Driving distance to town center, mission, local beaches
• Our room had a small kitchenette with a stove, microwave, sink, fridge, silverware, and glassware.

It was perfect for a quick one night getaway!

Room Tip: Corner suite was awesome!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank shaq4545
Grace M, General Manager at Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Hello! Thank you for a great feedback!!!! We are so pleased that your family had a wonderful weekend with us! We are so looking forward to host your future stay in Dana Point/San Juan Capistrano area!

Best to you and yours,
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I booked a room for my wife and daughter at Residence Inn San Juan Capistrano. The only (terrible) problem was the presence of a huge pit bull next door. Evidently they have no policy restricting the size or kind of pet that stays there and they clearly do not attempt to keep such "pets" in an area and other "petless" guests in another area. When I called Marriott, they forwarded the complain to the hotel. I then received a generic you-are-a-valuable-guest email from the Assistant General Manager, Jim.... No reference to the issue, no answer to my question, no explanation of policy..... Nothing. Just another cheesy response. I expected better from Marriott. WOULD NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, unless you have no problem sharing the hallways with huge pit bulls. Be ready f...
Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank SanDiegoSam
Hi Sam,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to speak with you over the phone regarding this issue. Again, we are deeply sorry for all the inconvenience that this issue had caused you. Thank you for your understanding.

We are so looking forward to host your future stay in the area.

Have a wonderful week!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed here for a week with my husband, two kids, and our au pair. The two bedroom/two bathroom suite w/ sofabed not only made our stay comfortable, it was a much better value than paying for multiple rooms and being separated by a hallway a more traditional hotel. I agree with the reviews that the hotel is understaffed - particularly at the breakfast bar - on the other hand, the hotel was spotless outside as well as inside (a major feat for the number of dogs who were staying there. The employees we interacted with were polite, warm and welcoming and did their best to accomdate all of our needs. The view isn't great, but the rooms were quiet (despite all of the dogs and even though it's right next to the highway), and the location is really convenient. Aside from staffing, my only other complaint was that I had a hard time sleeping, but I can't tell you why - the bed was comfortable and I usually don't have trouble sleeping when I travel. Maybe it's just age. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I plan to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: If you don't need a double suite, request a room that overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank zs67
Grace M, General Manager at Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Hello! It was a pleasure hosting your stay! We are so looking forward to host your future visits in the area! Please feel free to reach out to me/team if there is anything that we can do for your next trip!

Cheers and have a great 2014!!!!

Grace M.
Dana Point Marina Inn
#8 of 12 in Dana Point
Quality Inn & Suites Oceanview
The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel

Been to Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano? Share your experiences!