“average hotel”

Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I am Pt MR member... average hotel, hotel manager not friendly, and do not greet anyone, ditto for the day time staffs. Don't expect anything special for Pt member, I seriously doubt they know what Pt members are. Poor management. Stay here because of location. This is probably the worst RI i have ever stayed in terms of response to our request and complaints.

RI at main street, irvine much better, friendlier staff

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Grace M, General Manager at Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Hello,

I am deeply sorry about your experience with us during your stay. Our goal is to deliver above and beyond service to all our guests. As our valued Platinum member - you have one of our highest priorities to ensure that you will have an exceptional service experience at the hotel.

I need to address this service issue - this is unacceptable. Rest assured that this will be address immediately with our service team.

Also, it will be great if you can email me more information on this regard that will help me research/address the issue. I can be reached via email at ri.snasj.gm@marriott.com. Please let me know the best time and number to call you.
Again, please accept our deep apology on this regard.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed June 14th had a wedding to go to@5pm our room wasn't ready at 3:30. Check in time not till 4 but we were starting to stress still had to get ready! Angie at the front desk upgraded our room so we would have time! Then they shuttled us to the wedding!! Everything went great we got to the wedding on time. Thank you Angie

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello and happy summer! Thank you for this was wonderful feedback regarding our great service!
I am so pleased that my team is doing above and beyond to accommodate our guest needs especially during our high summer season. I am so glad Angie did above and beyond for you/family!

I am sure that the wedding that you attended was fantastic! We are so looking forward to host your future stay again in the area!

Grace M

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Very nice property. Nice rooms, nice common areas, and a great staff. The drawbacks are 2, like many hotels in this area it is very close to HWY 5 so ask for a room far away. The second drawback is the main parking lot has barely enough slots to park your car...if you arrive late you may have to park in an auxiliary lot.

I would still stay here again but check in earlier.

Room Tip: Get room away from Highway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Grace M, General Manager at Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hello and happy summer! It was a pleasure hosting your stay! Thank you for making us your choice when travelling up here in the historic San Juan Capistrano and the scenic Dana Point areas.

Thank you for your feedback on the parking lot and room layout. At any time, please feel to call or email us depending on availability on regards to the location of your room.

Thanks again for this wonderful note. We are so looking forward to host you again in the area!

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this motel last year for 3 weeks came back this year big difference in the way this motel has changed in the way that they like your business the manager not what you would expect the maids don't want to do their job ask for room to be cleaned all she did was made bed and didn't clean bathroom or leave coffee or soap or shampoo had to go to front desk and to top everything you have to pay 12 dollars a day for parking on top of the room rates

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Grace M, General Manager at Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hello! Thank you for your feedback on regards to your stay with us last week. I am deeply sorry that there were areas during your stay that we could have done better. I will share your feedback with the team - rest assured that this will be address and accounted for on our end.

I wish that we had an opportunity to correct the issues during your stay. If you need to discuss this further, please feel free to reach out to me or De’Andre Gipson.

Thank you again for your feedback. Have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was spotless. I stayed in a studio with a King and there was plenty of room! Clean room and linens...free breakfast was typical of other Marriotts I had stayed at and was perfectly fine. The breakfast area was a little messy at times, but the hotel was full when I stayed there. Although it was full, the room was quiet...couln't hear anything from the hall or neighboring rooms. As other reviewers have said, the train sound is a bit of an issue during the day, but at night it wasn't a problem and my room overlooked the tracks, but I also had a beautiful ocean view! Easy access to the freeway as well. Pool area was very pretty All in all, I would definitely stay here again if I travel back to the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Grace M, General Manager at Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hello! Happy Summer! Thank you for this wonderful feedback! We are proud of our beautiful product and service! I am so pleased that you had a fantastic time visiting the historic San Juan Capistrano and the breathtaking Dana Point area!
Yes, the hotel is close to the train path, but majority of our guests seemed not to be bother by it. On a positive note, the hotel is in the process of working with the City of San Juan to create a long term solution for the train noise issue.

We are so looking forward to host any of your future stay in the area!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Do not expect to get any sleep whats so ever. You will be woken up several times a night to a very loud train horn (sounded like it was next to my head). The room was lovely but only stay here if you want to get woken to a start several times throughout the night and morning. I get that they can't control the very loud train horn but they should have warned me that it was going to be that noisy.

Room Tip: none, the front desk said that all rooms hear the train horn
Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank vfeasey
Grace M, General Manager at Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback on regards to the train noise experience during your stay at the hotel. We will continue to find a long term solution for this with the City of San Juan. The train has to honk its horn when crossing the path near Camino Capistrano for public safety compliance.

Again, please accept apology on this regard. At any time, please fee free to reach out to me if you wish to further discuss this.

Have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The Desk clerks are pleasant and helpful. Rooms are spacious and clean. Location is safe and a nice walking distance to the harbor. Breakfast was a hot and fresh start to a beautiful day! The only drawback is that there aren't any restaurants nearby. We were happy to walk 1.5 miles to the harbor but not everyone can do that

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for a great feedback!!!! Great to know that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and our beautiful hotel!

We do have a shuttle that can drive you from/to the Dana Point Harbor. I apologize if this was not shared to you at check in. I trust that you enjoyed Dana Point harbor and its restaurant selections. The harbor is beautiful!

Have a wonderful summer! So looking forward to host you again when you visit the historic San Juan Capistrano and the scenic Dana Point area!

Deeply appreciate your wonderful comments!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan Capistrano
5 mi away
The Ranch at Laguna Beach
The Ranch at Laguna Beach
#3 of 23 in Laguna Beach

Been to Residence Inn Dana Point San Juan Capistrano? Share your experiences!